Why P2W Classic?

Lawman

What is the point of a pay-to-win Classic server?  The whole value of classic (aside from the more distinctive classes) is that it was pay-to-play, work-to-win.  The last thing we need is just another pay-to-win server.  Please open a subscription-based server, Classic or current.  Now that would be worth playing!

I find it funny that people think EXP boosts are pay to win, even the 10% PvE damage is minuscule to classic, this is GoD kinda of damage. classic is crazy slow, even if you throw all your money at it you will still be going slow. The no-life CPs are going to beat you whether there is a cash shop or not, so be happy that you can get bonus exp if you choose to support the server, and be happy that the thousands of players who generally can't afford to pay to play will be there to add to the population and give you pvp and a lively market place.

I for one love the idea its free to play, and will still be throwing money at the L2 Store for boosts, not because I want to be in the 1% but because it will allow a casual player like me to keep up with the f2p players who play like 10 hours a day.

Boost the PVE damage, xp whatever... Mobs are hard anyways especially highlvl.

Dont boost PVP damage.

Dont give these "heavenly enchant scrolls" for real money, they are a joke. No fullsets.

Honestly, i think they will eventually make it totally p2w, but before that we might have 2-3 good years.

Just now, Cardano said:

Boost the PVE damage, xp whatever... Mobs are hard anyways especially highlvl.

Dont boost PVP damage.

Dont give these "heavenly enchant scrolls" for real money, they are a joke. No fullsets.

Honestly, i think they will eventually make it totally p2w, but before that we might have 2-3 good years.

i think that it will go sideways really fast

Thanks for the comment.  You may think "classic is crazy slow" but I'll bet the "1%" big spenders and cheaters will be high level and dominating the server within weeks of it opening.  Of course, how dominant the big spenders are may depend on what items are available in the L2Store and in events, but I'm not optimistic. 

5 minutes ago, Lawman said:

What is the point of a pay-to-win Classic server?  The whole value of classic (aside from the more distinctive classes) is that it was pay-to-play, work-to-win.  The last thing we need is just another pay-to-win server.  Please open a subscription-based server, Classic or current.  Now that would be worth playing!

Because classic version is balanced around pay2win content. And you will not feel it on the start, - only after next update with 76+ locs.

Ask koreans why they did this.

Russian Lineage publisher still asking ncsoft to make some items from the shop to be obtainable by the gaming methods, because they have subscription based system and people just cant play normally on high levels without them. Their answer is - "just add items into the shop and sell them for real money, lul."

11 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Thanks for the comment.  You may think "classic is crazy slow" but I'll bet the "1%" big spenders and cheaters will be high level and dominating the server within weeks of it opening.  Of course, how dominant the big spenders are may depend on what items are available in the L2Store and in events, but I'm not optimistic. 

Please read my post I just made, like I said the 1% No-lifers will beat you cash shop or not, and will control the server, this is just the way it is, can't change this. But even within weeks of opening, they will be much lower level than you think. I did the math already if you go full donation for max EXP boosts in classic 1.5 you will cap at a 100% EXP bonus, having played official classic servers from Innova etc, I can tell you that even with this bonus, no-life CP, it will still take them about a month to hit 40. They wont have 58+ buffers, they wont have top D/C gear off the start. This is a hardcore game. People need to mentally prepare for that.

We'll see how fast people level.  You are right, of course, about the 1%.  The difference is, on a pay-to-win server the 1% will be the ones with the big wallets.  On a pay-to-play server (with true policing of bots and RMT (I can dream, can't I)) the 1% will be the ones who actually play the game and are good at it.

Just now, Lawman said:

1% will be the ones who actually play the game and are good at it.

Kind of, the 1% are actually account sharer's I've seen it on all Classic servers, even the sub ones. It is legitimate 24/7 playing. Someone creates 2 Characters, the most common for this set-up is a SH and a EE. One person will play it constantly for 4 hours, and then switch with another live player called a 'Driver'. Most people who do this method have 3-4 people who play the same 2 characters. it allows them to legitimately play 24/7. Then you will also have EULA abusers constantly playing. These people will constantly be higher lvl and geared then most of the server, but its not a terrible thing, There will be Clans/CPs of legit players as well not overly far behind them and will be more organized and able to beat them in PvP and still get castles and bosses on lockdown. And as for casual players, PvP happens at every level in classic, same with raiding. You're going to have the same experience as the no-lifers at all levels of the game, so enjoy. This isn't GoD where you can't do shit till endgame. Classic is the same at lvl 1 as it is at lvl 70+ you will grind, upgrade gear, pvp over exp spots, look for raid bosses, and chill with your homies.

18 minutes ago, Taunt said:

no-life CP, it will still take them about a month to hit 40. They wont have 58+ buffers, they wont have top D/C gear off the start.

I heard stories how russians went to skelh and brought 100 people, and any characters were constantly pulling mobs to the main mage party who were killing the mobs and they had lvl58 in 1 day :D

1 minute ago, Cardano said:

I heard stories how russians went to skelh and brought 100 people, and any characters were constantly pulling mobs to the main mage party who were killing the mobs and they had lvl58 in 1 day :D

Its a great story, but its not physically possible to grind to 58 in 1 day. This also wouldn't have happened when Skelth was fresh. They might have hit close to 40 in 1 day, on a max of 5 characters if they where busting out full EXP boosts on classic 2.0 or higher (not 1.5). They would have also required a high lvl buffer and gear or bringing mobs wouldn't mean anything when you do no damage.

Well still, levl 40 on day1, when "casuals" (1 guy who told me he was elemental summoner) took 3 months to make 40.

And even if u do low damage, if u got full party, buffs, empo, and constant recharges, you make enough dmg.

Tho i havent seen it with my own eyes.

6 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Well still, levl 40 on day1, when "casuals" (1 guy who told me he was elemental summoner) took 3 months to make 40.

And even if u do low damage, if u got full party, buffs, empo, and constant recharges, you make enough dmg.

Tho i havent seen it with my own eyes.

Once again this would have to be on a server that had already been up for a long time. For the amount of work it would have taken them to hit 40 in that 1 day is insane. That's something someone does as a challenge or to prove something, its not something people would constantly do.

I don't think there is anything that can be done about account sharing and its ramifications, otherwise A LOT of people wouldn't even play this game. Not being able to log a friend's toon, or a shared support ( you name it) wouldn't make sense on a game that is based on community. The utopical world where you can only log 1box per PC and account sharing is prohibited, doesn't exist. People would find a way. Can't log the same account on 2 different PCs/IPs? No problem, hire someone to play on your PC at your house( Sounds ridiculous? Think again).

What people can't expect is that they play 3 hours a day and have the same level and items as people who play 10~12, and with an organized group of players. THe runes would amount to 100% exp bonus, right? and they would cost (  30 $ Launch Pack + Level 4 VIP tier) 80 USD monthly. That is not cheap, and especially if you think that a big chunk of players on the NA timezone will be from south/central america, so they would have to pay 3~5 times the amount in their currency.

PS: Be glad 100% runes will have almost no impact on the "end game" as a Dragon weapon level 3 or whatever, that some guy spent 100k $ to buy and can now hit you for 10m damage

20 hours ago, Taunt said:

I find it funny that people think EXP boosts are pay to win, even the 10% PvE damage is minuscule to classic

Come on now, be realistic. You really think the F2P players are going to get into any of the meaningful parties and/or clans? I can tell you right now that the big prerequisite to be joining the top clan or parties is going to be the 10% PVE damage increase. Everyone else can suck it and join the meat-shield clans.

1 hour ago, Dag0n said:

more money, because P2P players will p2p for Boost, extra F2P player may pay for some Boost and extra money from nonboost.

in total more $$ with F2P and Shop for NCWest...

NCSOFT 200IQ MONEYMAKERS

The only difference between subscription and pay2win is those annoying people who spend a lot and talk about how legit they are. Cash shop created a rift in what people consider legit. Some think it's following the EULA, so if RMT is allowed, RMT is legit (as long as it's not 3rd-party). I still follow the bot/bought definition of legit, meaning if you bot or bought anything in the game, you're not legit.

Anywho, yeah the hardcore people are going to demolish you. They spend thousands of dollars just to collect those oh so sweet salty tears.

I'm curious how it will be.  Because most players in old ancient L2 were horrifically bad and inefficient in everything they did in game.  I doubt it'll be that hard to be competitive for those willing to commit to it like we had to before.

That said I can't play twelve hours a day anymore, so it's certainly going to be an interesting experience and perhaps enlightening.

Not saying that I'm going to be like I used to be, but the fundamentals of the game have not changed so it shouldn't be that bad. I'm optimistic but I feel like NC is going to shit on my happy train and ruin it just like retail.

Archived