EXISTENTIAL CRISIS WITH CLASSES

Mclahud

Hello everyone!

So, Im having a mental breakdown choosing which classes to pick and stick with, since making a mistake here can cost you months of progression.

Im normally a support player, I enjoy healing a buffing a lot. Nevertheless, I remember vivdly that levelling one (I had a SE in chaotic back in the day when i played in Azure) is terribly difficult cause you are 100% dependent on a party.

Now, i have a full time job and cant dedicate enough time to the game like i used to, so i decided that making a main DD and boxing supports might help my playing schedule.

I have decided to level an Elven mage, i just cant decide if i should play as a ES or SPS. Helping me here is question #1.

The other thing is, the boxers i use will eventually become my mains, so Im planning on boxing a PP or BS and a SWS.

Any thoughts on this? Server launches tomorrow and I seriously cant stop thinking on this composition to start with.

Looking forward to playing with you all.

Hey,

Mage is a great "solo" toon. Make yourself an SE and go at it. SE is needed for recharge/emp. EE can be used too, doesn't have emp, it has clarity. But apparently fish stews might exist to get emp and or clarity. 

Another option is a summoner. WL and ES can nuke into 40+. PS is melee. PP or WC good here. 

Try to focus on one, maybe two toons at most at the start. Get your PvE toon up and eventually you can power level support toons up with friends.

Gl

More like:

if u wanna play SPS you NEED to make 2 boxes: EE and SE (otherwise u are out of mana always)

With ES u can do other things (im not sure if summoners will have nukes after lvl40 in this version so no clue if u can go nuker with it)

ES + wc + bd can work

ES + pp + bd can work

Bishop... not gonna work imo

only if u can make ES a nuker after lvl40 and take bishop as box its ok and take 1 more buffer box.

but if u wanna main bishop u should look for party/clan, its easier.

If you choose ES, i suggest to box a PP and you will be fine. (BD OR SWS is optional)

With SPS you gonna need SE and a PP imo.

Also have in mind that xp/2 chars in pt xp multiplies x1.6. Having 3 chars in pt xp multiplies x1.65.

I'm suffering from the same cause as well.

I'm trying to decide between PR + PP or Tyrant + PP, or some dagger type class + PP/WC? However, i'm far from reaching a conclusion..

I'm basically unsure how adena will be sustained with Archer at the beginning.

1 minute ago, kokoja said:

I'm suffering from the same cause as well.

I'm trying to decide between PR + PP or Tyrant + PP, or some dagger type class + PP/WC? However, i'm far from reaching a conclusion..

I'm basically unsure how adena will be sustained with Archer at the beginning.

Archers should always use daggers til they can sustain the cash flow

13 minutes ago, Mclahud said:

Hello everyone!

So, Im having a mental breakdown choosing which classes to pick and stick with, since making a mistake here can cost you months of progression.

Im normally a support player, I enjoy healing a buffing a lot. Nevertheless, I remember vivdly that levelling one (I had a SE in chaotic back in the day when i played in Azure) is terribly difficult cause you are 100% dependent on a party.

Now, i have a full time job and cant dedicate enough time to the game like i used to, so i decided that making a main DD and boxing supports might help my playing schedule.

I have decided to level an Elven mage, i just cant decide if i should play as a ES or SPS. Helping me here is question #1.

The other thing is, the boxers i use will eventually become my mains, so Im planning on boxing a PP or BS and a SWS.

Any thoughts on this? Server launches tomorrow and I seriously cant stop thinking on this composition to start with.

Looking forward to playing with you all.

I'd say if you are playing ES, do not bother boxing. You will have a pony that recharges you and does great damage to the mobs, so you can literally solo all the time. Also, from lvl 40 you will be desired in any mage party due to a great mass skill the Unicorn has that inflicts significant damage to the monsters :)

2 minutes ago, Lumo said:

Really? That's viable, let's say, a PR with a dagger? Never though it would be, but it seems an interesting idea to explore. Care to elaborate some tips on the matter?

Thanks btw!

15 minutes ago, Lumo said:

I thought someone posted saying bows arent going to take 10ss and such like in retail. Was that ever confirmed? If true archers are going to be OP af.

no idea on this actual version of classic,

but I played as a prophet in duo with the first Elemental Summoner hero in NA (Ehli) from like 65 to 77.  Worked pretty well, but honestly he didn't need me to do anything other than buff, but I don't think any other class works as well as a PP as a summoner unless you want to play an archer.

After we subclassed, he went hawkeye, I went EE, and he boxed his prophet and we duo'ed that way (ideas for the future).

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Classes_in_Lineage_2

you may want to give a look at skills over there, just to get a general idea of how classes will work in classic.

1 hour ago, Mclahud said:

ES doesn't need that much mana to farm alone, while nukers will have a hard time without a recharger( and there's no mana herbs dropping in classic ).

there should be also pet soulshots in this client version, if i understood correctly. so that's a plus i guess.

Not sure how it works in Classic, but I used a dagger on my archer way back then until I could afford a decent bow. But if daggers are supposedly crappy in Classic, I'm not sure how viable that method will be. I also remember hunting specific mobs that dropped arrows, but no point in doing that if the drop rates are crappy. Back then the drop rates were good and you could usually equip yourself fairly decently after a week of hunting, even if it wasn't necessarily top gear.

Archived