No adena lvl to fast ?

Userbaer

Hello, i have a short question cause im a little confused. My friends and me got lvl 20 with the quest done and all of us have around 20k adena. How is this possible ? we are now at start of d grade and the first d weapon cost 450k adena ? Did we miss something ? I know we can grind green and blue mobs for adena but is that how it was ? I can remember when we played on skelth classic the adena was no problem and you got easy d grade.

I think it's mostly because the newbie quests propel you into D-grade in just one day of grinding. If you were actually killing the mobs for that EXP (without being able to afford shots), you would have been richer... a week later.

Actually, 20k is quite a big leap compared to how it was when the game first came out, as far as I remember. That time, I didn't even have enough money to use teleport service, because of its price. This time teleport is free for newbie, I suppose? Learning new skills, any skills, always requires skill books. Well, maybe I was a noob that time so I didn't even have 10k at level 20, but L2 was really a hardcore MMO.

5 hours ago, WhiteOut said:

No. This is how it was when the game first came out.

That's correct. The overarching philosophy of the game was that players were never supposed to be able to afford D grade weapons and armor at 20, C grade at 40, B grade at 52, etc. The expectation was that you'd be well into the next level up before you could afford the previous level equipment. That's the bad news.

The good news? You really don't need to buy another weapon or armor after C grade. In fact, I once leveled a Spellhowler all the way to S grade wearing a No Grade Devotion set and using an OE Homu. It can be done. I suspect even easier now, given the L2 store XP supplements.

Also worth stating -- choose your class wisely. There are some classes that should never be played with your first character. Not if you want to make adena quickly. Some classes kill too slowly, or have too much downtime, or only really shine when they have uber equipment and lots of adena already to address pricey operating costs. Food for thought.

19 hours ago, WhiteOut said:

No. This is how it was when the game first came out.

No it was not lol, I know I was there. The drop rate in this server is FAR lower than it was in C1. For EG: in C1 you could buy Soulshots and go and exp, by the time you got back to town you had money again to buy them again with a small profit.

15 hours ago, SinPalabras said:

The good news? You really don't need to buy another weapon or armor after C grade. In fact, I once leveled a Spellhowler all the way to S grade wearing a No Grade Devotion set and using an OE Homu. It can be done.

Oh yes, I remember being lvl 60+ in a devotion set, but I could get away with this as a summoner ;) Karmian was the ultimate thing tho for most players.

8 hours ago, Saffi said:

No it was not lol, I know I was there. The drop rate in this server is FAR lower than it was in C1. For EG: in C1 you could buy Soulshots and go and exp, by the time you got back to town you had money again to buy them again with a small profit.

Re: drops, the one thing that I noticed is that hunting in Elven Village zones produced far less drops for me than hunting in Dark Elf Village areas. Not sure if it's just me, or an actual issue by design.

As for shots, back in C1 I crafted them through a dwarf friend, so it was a nonissue for me. At D - B grade I got enough drops which he would crystallize that we got rich selling shots. And then I discovered that I had the gift of good luck when it comes to overenchanting -- far better than most -- and I never looked back. I think I made and sold most of the OE weapons on Devianne back then. lol.  I suspect that will change, since, again, there isn't as much excess adena on the server yet.

I agree it needs to be fixed.  Either go back to how the game actually was in C1, or up the drop rates.  This is just going to tick people off.  The XP rate is probably 20X while the adena drops are probably 0.1X.  It's to much of a mash up with the current carebear L2 and actual classic L2.

For example, having 7 day gear given as a quest item.  That is made for the new high XP L2, not the classic where 1-20 actually took months hardcore, and not  expected 7 days for casuals to make it past that point.

Archived