Good Old Topic about Lineage 2 from 2004 :D

Kabala

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=441892

Damn :))

I laugh so hard at this : Most people use things called soulshots/spiritshots which increase your damage which reduces the time to level by approximately 1/2 (twice damage) but is VERY expensive and unmaintainable without 'buying game money with real-life money', or by using them sparingly.

Anyway, I .. really didn't had any idea that S grade was a thing back in 2004.

Nonetheless, nice read :)

- XP is the most difficult to obtain of all MMOs and consumes 90% of your in-game time. It is not fun to XP after a while, it is dramatic and tedious. 

THIS actually is why i played lineage back in the day and now play NA classic again!

3 minutes ago, LadyShu said:

THIS actually is why i played lineage back in the day and now play NA classic again!

That's the way of playing Lineage 2, since .. forever :D

Anyway , is it true that you lost 1% XP if you died in a Siege ? That's .. hardcore lol!

34 minutes ago, Kabala said:

That's the way of playing Lineage 2, since .. forever :D

Anyway , is it true that you lost 1% XP if you died in a Siege ? That's .. hardcore lol!

Unfortunately yes. Would take days to recoup xp loss after sieges sometimes. 

1 hour ago, dorukasama said:

......And kids nowdays crying for not having 3k SS non stop in the bag.... or they were crying...cuz now....Im seeing millionaires

Yes lets take the word of someone who says they are so ticked off that they had to make an angry post to vent. That clearly is someone who has no axe to grind and is a totally impartial factual voice...

Shots were used sparingly in the early levels but by 20 in beta/prelude you should of been using shots full time along with having money for scrolls/potions (especially potions lol).

I mean seriously did you miss this part?

- You can be scammed easily out of money/items

That's just dumb.

Or this part

On top, once done with lineage, you can barely even sell your account or money in the account, the rates people pay for this amazingly difficult to play game are very low.

Yes the dude is ranting that he can't get much real money value out of his account. Which is super against the TOS and a bannable action.

Not exactly the brightest or best MMORPG player EVA...That whole thread is full of stupid and I do kind of find it funny.

BTW you were going to see millionaires even with the severely nerfed drop rates we got for the first week. Bots in large numbers grinding away 24/7 with no shots will always be far beyond you.

9 hours ago, Kabala said:

I laugh so hard at this : Most people use things called soulshots/spiritshots which increase your damage which reduces the time to level by approximately 1/2 (twice damage) but is VERY expensive and unmaintainable without 'buying game money with real-life money', or by using them sparingly.

ss/sps were expensive mostly during c1.

later, c2-c3 onward, it was only expensive at low level, until lvl 40. after that you could sustain yourself as a mage and have a small profit. anyone using ss instead of bsps were making more profit. there was no s grade in 2004, that was in 2005. but korea was like one year ahead tho.

in 2005 we had both c3 update, with up to 74 skills changes and subclass system iirc, then later during autumn we had c4, with 76-78 skills, s-grade gear, new areas like varka/tomb/etc. s grade shots were expensive at first but then we had cheaper crystals and you could start making profit hunting in the new zones.

so the thing with shots being luxury and running in negative adena didn't last much. not to mention later changes, i think from c4 onward, to low levels, where you could get like 7k shots and other free stuff.

10 hours ago, Sweetness said:

Unfortunately yes. Would take days to recoup xp loss after sieges sometimes. 

And that's actually one of things I kind of like.

It keeps you actually playing the game, as logging into the game and running around farm spots searching for enemies only for pvp, gets boring quite quick. Or logging in only for epics/sieges. But doing pve + pvp for farm spots imho is the most interesting aspect of the game.

11 hours ago, Kabala said:

I see Americans were whining just as much back in 2003 as they do now. Oh dear. 

8 hours ago, dorukasama said:

......And kids nowdays crying for not having 3k SS non stop in the bag.... or they were crying...cuz now....Im seeing millionaires

ppsssst try being so noob that you leveled from 1-30 without ever using an SS.... lol I did it once, then a clanmate introduced me to SS lol. 

Archived