Classic Server Please

icasi

• 2 weeks later...

There's so many private classic servers out there right now it's unreal. NCsoft could easily make the money back if they would only listen to their fan base on what us veterans/players really want. I've made a post, none of you might agree with my ideas, but it could cut out a lot of bots/issues in game. No donations, no play to win, no bullshit behind it. All for the love of the game.

No doubt we would have the subs, but if the classic launch isn't done right players would leave the game all over again because the server would be flooded with bots. People selling adena for real life cash, scammers, players purposely killing other players for their gear. The list could go on and on. That's why my main focus was everything that we do in game ONLY you should be awarded for whatever blood, sweat, and tears you've worked hard for.

Take care, 

Brett

Well that's the thing, I shouldn't have to play on a European server. I shouldn't have to change my ip address to play any game. I would like to see us have our own classic server right here. I've started playing this game way back for beta, prelude, bought the game, and paid the monthly subscriptions. I'm only asking for the game I used to love. We know what caused the issues, so why not go back and try to correct them? I'm not only asking for a classic launch, but asking for it to be done right. If they do what I'm asking from them how could it be destroyed if it's entirely player based? Again, all for the love of the game. Everything earned is what you've picked up from drops, exp earned, or crafted by your clan members. Adena should be pointless to have and not the main focus. Built in-game anti-bot protections could help, obviously if there's a exploiter running their bot for over two days period with non-stop farming it's pretty clear what's going on.

Take care,

Brett

I don't think many of you fully understand what ncwest has done to itself well what the ncwest managers have done to the corp that gives them a monthly salary.

This is because many of you joined the ship in 2011 or later on.

At its peak ncwest has more than 350k customers. All of them, former ncwewst customers, are still playing l2 but elsewhere and they are all paying to play l2.

Simply put ncwest nowadays prefers to follow what 100 or less users are doing instead of doing what 349.900 users wants.

Since 350k users generated an x revenue now with 3k or less users ncwest has to raise the price of everything to cover its losses in terms of users that simply quit.

No more no less. When you will see the normal price on several official l2 classic servers for an item x and you will compare those prices to the ncwest ones you will istantly unistall one of the clients.

Aka coka cola usa sells a coke to 350k customers for 1 $. If the customers' number falls to 3k that very coke will have a value or 100 $, each.

Nonetheless a coke in germany is still worth just 1 $.

To get, barely, an idea of what ibuff wrote just log in. All regions are supported just check it better.

As a sidenote no one in there can add a circlet because all of the players will move elsewhere.

I understand completely what you mean, Quitted. I've been around for years. The game started to change somewhere around Interlude for me. The current game doesn't do anything for me now. I know many players who have been asking for a classic server for quite a few years now, but seems like ncsoft continue to ignore us. I wouldn't quit very easy. I remember how hard it was when I only had mithril past level 40 back in those days, but that's what I loved about the game. Nothing was given to us. They must fix the adena issue. Everything earned should be by us farming it minus all of the hand outs. Adena shouldn't be the most important in other words. Adena should be used to buy simple items in every town shop. Anything above D grade should be spoiled for the materials and crafted by our clan's warsmiths/bounty hunters. Full drops can't be traded, dropped, or sold. You could trade crafted equipment with your clan, but can't be traded, dropped, or sold with others outside the clan. Prices can't go up if the prices are already set in each town shop. Private shops could be changed into private trade shops for whatever material is needed. There's ways ncosft could make this work.

Take care,

Brett

Do you wanna play on l2classic here with ~1k online? With full l2store?) To have something in l2classic you need to spend at least 12h/day. Otherwise, those who can spend more time than you will take all castles, spots, epic... l2classic is not for EU/NA players, you guys are lifers :)

32 minutes ago, dUdot said:

Do you wanna play on l2classic here with ~1k online? With full l2store?) To have something in l2classic you need to spend at least 12h/day. Otherwise, those who can spend more time than you will take all castles, spots, epic... l2classic is not for EU/NA players, you guys are lifers :)

Official EU/NA Classic server is a good idea, but it will get destroyed by the management for a very short period of time, probably less than 1 year. NCsoft West proved they can not manage/keep a good number of servers well populated and provide enjoyable experience for most of the players. 

dUdot, you are a top dog and you understand very well what I mean and I am going to say. The whole idea of Lineage 2 has been shifted to a simple Online In-game store. Game was not designed to be that way, that is why we have all these problems now. It was designed to be like that - you invest your precious time and play, then you obtain items/knowledge/skills. Depends on the time you were investing, you would find similar TIME INVESTORS in-game! You find each other, you communicate, you play, you make - friendships (some ppl even meet in life, because of the game).Then constant parties are formed, then clans, then alliances etc etc, at the same time other people are doing the same ( AKA, enemy clans, Server's Second Side, etc etc).

The huge Gap between players was intended to happen for a much longer period of time ( if we do not count the 3rd pt programs, scripts... ), in a 9vs9 pvp if you remember those days, there was a huge Thrill, having a "HERO" in the party was much more powerfull and significant! There are many more examples, but we need a good few hours for all of them!

Now it is almost the same as before, but with one important difference! Real Money Investors meet in-game instead of Time Investors, THAT is the key! They look for same ppl, so they build a strong group/clan/alliance! Of course they will rule the server, because all of them start to play in same group/clan. When they all get together, they leave no room for any real opposition, because they 1 shot 99% of other players, or they can do a 3 vs 7 and still win without any problem.

That is the nature of humans, does not matter if it is in real life or a game, they look for similar people with similar needs/ideas.

Lineage2 was intended to diminish that and provide an equal environment for all, well once again money became the main target and we all know what follows.

On 2/19/2018 at 10:54 AM, Quitted said:

At its peak ncwest has more than 350k customers. All of them, former ncwewst customers, are still playing l2 but elsewhere and they are all paying to play l2.

Simply put ncwest nowadays prefers to follow what 100 or less users are doing instead of doing what 349.900 users wants.

Since 350k users generated an x revenue now with 3k or less users ncwest has to raise the price of everything to cover its losses in terms of users that simply quit.

ahh, second time today I quote you :) Apologies.

Can you think at ...not 350 000 users online but 10 000 users online on each server? 10 000 Users in 100-103 lvl range...I dont think there are 10 000 mobs to kill lol and I cant imagine how painfull will be the lag...or sieges.

You said you are an old player, can you remember Shrine Of Loyalty in early days of GoD-2011?70-80 ppl  lvl 80-84 struggle to hit a mob to finish that daily quest in that tiny spot? Truth is: in L2 there is not enough content to suport more then 2 000-2 500 live ppl :)

8 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

Can you think at ...not 350 000 users online but 10 000 users online on each server? 10 000 Users in 100-103 lvl range...I dont think there are 10 000 mobs to kill lol and I cant imagine how painfull will be the lag...or sieges.

You said you are an old player, can you remember Shrine Of Loyalty in early days of GoD-2011?70-80 ppl  lvl 80-84 struggle to hit a mob to finish that daily quest in that tiny spot? Truth is: in L2 there is not enough content to suport more then 2 000-2 500 live ppl :)

Read what I have said, problem is they introduce new stuff, with little to no remake of old, little to none balance changes in PVP/PVE. From time to time they just boost mobs hp/pdef/mdef/element resist so they are stronger and you need more items from the l2 store in order to xp.

In L2 there is enough content to keep up much more than 2500 live players, they have just killed 90% of the game in order for them to sell L2Store items, that should be obtainable by spoil/craft/farm/grind/quests/raiding/fishing etc etc 

Shrine of Loyalty is such an example of bad game design, It was not intended to be a great PVP spot or anything like that.  They simply had to think about it and place more spots with the mobs needed to do quest, in L2 history we see that again and again. 

You have to sum them up in one year pleist. Only that.

Just go to the old forums and check out how many servers there were at the gold times.

Ofc there were players that logged in and did only the first 5-7 levels than gave up but nonetheless they were ncwest customers since they have paid a monthly fee.

You don't have to believe me. Google --> l2 classic --> private servers --> sum up the population.

I don't think you remember well how it was. An armor set was worth 50.000 adena not 50 billions adena. Everyone with a spoiler could afford that set without oe it to +10 or +12

it was for all a +3 set.

Dudot is right on one point. The time spent in the game.

Tbh that was the hardcore part of the game. Many of us logged in at that time to do the dailies with the clan and that clan was made by ppl who always met irl.

There was a connection between the game and the rl. Now the only connection i can see is from a toon to a wallet and the only skills a player does nowadays have it to punch in credit card numbers more times than the other players can do.

It was simply another game, another time.

28 minutes ago, Argus said:

Official EU/NA Classic server is a good idea, but it will get destroyed by the management for a very short period of time, probably less than 1 year. NCsoft West proved they can not manage/keep a good number of servers well populated and provide enjoyable experience for most of the players. 

By players like me, exe, overdps, etc. We will exp 24/7 with our CPs, we will sell pwlvl, we will PK all players just to destroy their morality... On RU classic there are many players like we are, here - less than 5%. And I'm sure, we will play together...

My prediction: 1-sided server in half a year, then NC will try to get as many as possible money by adding OP items in l2store, then.. desert with 200 online

7 minutes ago, Quitted said:

There was a connection between the game and the rl. Now the only connection i can see is from a toon to a wallet and the only skills a player does nowadays have it to punch in credit card number more times than the other players can do.

It was simply another game, another time.

Yes, and we cannot bring it back.

Looks like some people here don't know, but now in classic there are +10 sets with OP bonuses(and yes, w/o items from store you cannot make even +8), Baium's talismans, 100500 instances for lazy people, etc, etc.

Better don't ask NCwest about classic :)

Ok, Argus I read it...I understand what you said there but with or without items in NcStore ppl need to farm to get exp. To balance lack of field content they invented more instances and same with items. Much more then 2500 mean lets say 5 000...but thats all you can get on 1 server.

Ahh, Quitted...that was 15 years ago...those times were very diferent :)

59 minutes ago, dUdot said:

By players like me, exe, overdps, etc. We will exp 24/7 with our CPs, we will sell pwlvl, we will PK all players just to destroy their morality... On RU classic there are many players like we are, here - less than 5%. And I'm sure, we will play together...

My prediction: 1-sided server in half a year, then NC will try to get as many as possible money by adding OP items in l2store, then.. desert with 200 online

In order for you to dominate the server, you need to have the right tools, which are ONLY PROVIDED by NCsoft, go back in time and think about it. 

I respect you for being hardcore old school player, but by NCSOFT PROVIDING - items, SERVER transfers, enchants, boosts, PROMOS, this is what leads to a true Unbalanced one sided server. 

If you get to the core problem - it is the tools provided! You go even further to the core of the CORE, which is players investing so much money they brake the game, because it is allowed to be like that, by NCsoft ;) 

There shouldn't be a ncstore in classic. We didn't have it back in the day. So why should we have it now? That's what I meant classic server DONE RIGHT. Obviously the way ncsoft could make their money back by all of the players on low rate 'classic' private servers right now. All those players can pay monthly subscriptions. After all that's what made retail,..official.

Take care,

Brett

17 hours ago, namesbrett said:

There shouldn't be a ncstore in classic. We didn't have it back in the day. So why should we have it now? That's what I meant classic server DONE RIGHT. Obviously the way ncsoft could make their money back by all of the players on low rate 'classic' private servers right now. All those players can pay monthly subscriptions. After all that's what made retail,..official.

Take care,

Brett

The economy and people's spending habits and mindsets have changed over the past 15 years. Reminiscing about the past is alright, but it doesn't mean it's a viable option.

PS Oh, and they don't care. Obviously they still turn a profit.

I hear you. I played L2 with a few friends when i had no life, it was fine back then, not just fine it was awsome. However, with jobs and kids, this new system to level up fast is great. Tho it does butcher everything else in the game if you level past everything. But to take back classic, as in the grindy parts? Well, sure, i mean the cost of a server can´t be that hard, If enough people want it let them have it. How will NCwest make money on a classic server? Is it like you need to sub to play classic? Will it be profitable?

Maybe they would let go of some things, increase a few things and look at GW2 for ideas on how to make a shop so they make money. I think if they think about it they can have a WIN-WIN situation going on. I would love to have more quests on different locations throughout the world while you level up. You do go to different areas now. But it usually is kill 200 of those and you get a level or two and you can leave this area completely. What if they fleshed out and made a few quests here and there in Gludin, and then you move on to gludio, and dion etc. Not just the one place, but all over? Decrease quest EXP and increase mob exp, make it possible to Take GK to certain places, but to to all places?

I mean i can go on and on on how i would want it to be, but with a very tight budget i doubt they can do anything. But they should remember to EARN MONEY YOU GOTTA SPEND MONEY ;)

I loved exploration, going to places that sometimes took some time, i loved it. That is gone atm, we are going to explore when we reach 85. And the Adena thing, a few billions of adena to buy x item, is insain, really insain. I bought a few Coins cause the price is right, and i do want to support them anyway i can.

The endgame goal was so far away, that it wasn´t really a goal to me when i played this back in 03-04-05. The exploration part, the finding materials, the crafting, the world, it was great. If they only would increase Exp given from mobs and put in hundreds of quests, increase running speed somewhat, if they take away the bad parts of any game or atleast refine them, and keep the good parts. It would be great.

Bots and Gold sellers, cant be that hard to ban. One game master online a few times a day = win. And while we are at it. Gms online means events = win win.

Archived