Forums

The official game rates

Treik

This is a fact post and not a whining one.Its purpose is to inform and that only.

After 2+ weeks of testing the official servers and monitoring adena/item drops etc,I concluded that the game rates are not x1.The comparison though is always being made with the l2 classic wiki info.So the actual rate is about x0.67.It reaches x1 after you have achieved VIP4.I think it was intended so there's no point in further discussion.The game is "subscription" based unless u are hardcore to the core.HF take care and see you in the hunting grounds = )

2 minutes ago, Treik said:

This is a fact post and not a whining one.Its purpose is to inform and that only.

After 2+ weeks of testing the official servers and monitoring adena/item drops etc,I concluded that the game rates are not x1.The comparison though is always being made with the l2 classic wiki info.So the actual rate is about x0.67.It reaches x1 after you have achieved VIP4.I think it was intended so there's no point in further discussion.The game is "subscription" based unless u are hardcore to the core.HF take care and see you in the hunting grounds = )

Of course, it was intended. They couldn't be more reasonable, give everyone 1x rates and give VIPs the exp/sp booster. It would have made too much damn sense and sadly upper management at NCwest doesn't have the balls to stand up to NC Korea. 

NCWest refuse to be transparent about them, thinking we would rage about it.

It's quite the opposite as everyone is raging because they think they will change in the future, keeping false hopes that the rates aren't intended and only exist as a bug.

Be honest with your players.

Well I agree with you.It isn't any different from any other subscription based game though.You need 4k NCCOINS to "buy" the game and so much less to keep it (subscription).It appears a classic P2P rather than a P2W one and the FREE word just serves marketing purposes.Althought that's just for now.Things may change with the store updates.We will see

7 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Of course, it was intended. They couldn't be more reasonable, give everyone 1x rates and give VIPs the exp/sp booster. It would have made too much damn sense and sadly upper management at NCwest doesn't have the balls to stand up to NC Korea. 

You are assuming that they knew there are two (or more) completely different gameplay builds. This was news even to Innova, and they always press NC HQ for info and/or playtest to verify it.

And don't tell me you couldn't see this (the rates, the attempts to "fix") coming, it was obvious how this will end even before classic was released.

Regarding Korea, of course they don't care, they are currently preoccupied with their new server, Aden, which, at this very moment, already has almost 9k online players.

2 minutes ago, Devoid said:

You are assuming that they knew there are two (or more) completely different gameplay builds. This was news even to Innova, and they always press NC HQ for info and/or playtest to verify it.

And don't tell me you couldn't see this (the rates, the attempts to "fix") coming, it was obvious how this will end even before classic was released.

Regarding Korea, of course they don't care, they are currently preoccupied with their new server, Aden, which, at this very moment, already has almost 9k online players.

Korea has never cared about the NA market period. Sometimes I wish NCWest were its own company like Innova, then maybe we'd get some decent admins around here, ones that truly cared and were able to fix things. 

22 minutes ago, Treik said:

IT DOESNT reach x1 with vip4

34 minutes ago, Treik said:

Sure it's intended, but at this time it's hard to call any rate out there 1x, even the live servers.

5 minutes ago, mixa said:

Sure it's intended, but at this time it's hard to call any rate out there 1x, even the live servers.

Well no one can say for sure.I just got some trustowrhty samples,monitored the drops and showed the results.The adena drop can be seen cut in half clearly after 40+(o.67 is just above the half).The vip gives you daily packs to "fix" this.The item drops stand at ~66-77% of the normal drops.By normal I mean the l2 wiki ones.So 0.67 + 50% (of 0.67) reaches 1.Thats how subscription "fixes" the game

2 minutes ago, Treik said:

Well no one can say for sure.I just got some trustowrhty samples,monitored the drops and showed the results.The adena drop can be seen cut in half clearly after 40+(o.67 is just above the half).The vip gives you daily packs to "fix" this.The item drops stand at ~66-77% of the normal drops.By normal I mean the l2 wiki ones.So 0.67 + 50% (of 0.67) reaches 1.Thats how subscription "fixes" the game

This is valuable input and may be right.  But it also may depend on which mobs you sampled.  Were you sampling in areas that have already been "fixed" or areas that are unchanged?  My suspicion is that the rates vary by area and mob even independent of the "fixes".  We won't really know if they don't release a drop/spoil/adena table.  Also, spoils are completely broken, and are unaffected by VIP.  

BTW, 1x should be the original 1.5 rates, since they said they were releasing the game based on 1.5.

I disagree that you need VIP 4 subscription to play the game cause rates are hardcore. They are OK. I am VIP zero and would be happy with .25 of what it is now. It’s low rate just take your time I am happy to spend 10 years developing my character rather than hitting max level win oly and be bored. Cheers

16 minutes ago, Lawman said:

This is valuable input and may be right.  But it also may depend on which mobs you sampled.  Were you sampling in areas that have already been "fixed" or areas that are unchanged?  My suspicion is that the rates vary by area and mob even independent of the "fixes".  We won't really know if they don't release a drop/spoil/adena table.  Also, spoils are completely broken, and are unaffected by VIP.  

BTW, 1x should be the original 1.5 rates, since they said they were releasing the game based on 1.5.

I've done both.The item drops keep the same rate pre-past 40s.Spoil rates havent been tested above 40 but they re x0.67 pre 40 too.The adena drop rate seems to be near x1 pre 40 while dropping to x0.67 after that.You 're right about the spoil rates, they aren't being "fixed" by the VIP4 privs.

3 hours ago, Treik said:

mb u right  but vip 4  not increse spoil chance , and its a big problem . try spoil in Dragon valley ... bad exp , bad adena rate , very rare drop , and horrible spoil stat .

4 hours ago, 1643 said:

I disagree that you need VIP 4 subscription to play the game cause rates are hardcore. They are OK. I am VIP zero and would be happy with .25 of what it is now. It’s low rate just take your time I am happy to spend 10 years developing my character rather than hitting max level win oly and be bored. Cheers

You really think this game will last another 10 years?  You'll get to top levels just in time to turn out the lights.  Seriously, though, if you enjoy endless grinding at lower levels for 10 years, more power to you.  I like to grind, too, but I'd be happy to reach useful (for sieges, oly, etc.) levels a little sooner than 10 years from now.  Have fun.

7 minutes ago, Lawman said:

You really think this game will last another 10 years?  You'll get to top levels just in time to turn out the lights.  Seriously, though, if you enjoy endless grinding at lower levels for 10 years, more power to you.  I like to grind, too, but I'd be happy to reach useful (for sieges, oly, etc.) levels a little sooner than 10 years from now.  Have fun.

It will take a year or two for NCWest to introduce 'Bloody Classic', then you will see the same NC fanboys like @Taunt claiming how everyone else has no clue about 'Bloody Classic' and how good the servers are going to be, etc. etc.

TL;DR Lineage II will last another 10 years, ez.

Archived