Discussion: Do you agree with Devs decision not to increase Adena rates?

Zirael

From a market/economy standpoint it's a bad move to leave things as is, people are selling single spellbooks for easily 5-8m or more, armor pieces for almost double that, and they sell instantly. The thing is a majority of people who can afford those prices have likely bought adena from sellers or gotten extremely lucky with a drop, overall it's a sign that things, as they are, aren't working or we haven't yet found that sweet spot yet. Optimally they would keep tinkering with it until they find a decent balance between gain and time spent. Currently we have a huge gap between the rates, if they wanted to do a classic adena rate they should have left the exp gains where they were and not added in the shortcuts.

This could be a sign that they've realized the server is losing popularity and is on a slow downward spiral, and aren't willing to put more manpower into the game as they have new mobile ip's to work on.

TL;DR Rates are bad from an economic standpoint, should have left the exp at a lower rate if they wanted to keep the drop/adena low too. Created an extremely imbalanced market that heavily favors people who can spend hundreds buying adena from gold sellers who likely got their supply from bots.

59 minutes ago, wildernessbox said:

From a market/economy standpoint it's a bad move to leave things as is, people are selling single spellbooks for easily 5-8m or more, armor pieces for almost double that, and they sell instantly. The thing is a majority of people who can afford those prices have likely bought adena from sellers or gotten extremely lucky with a drop, overall it's a sign that things, as they are, aren't working or we haven't yet found that sweet spot yet. Optimally they would keep tinkering with it until they find a decent balance between gain and time spent. Currently we have a huge gap between the rates, if they wanted to do a classic adena rate they should have left the exp gains where they were and not added in the shortcuts.

The thing is, those are real sb prices. Look at other F2P L2 servers.

DW = 10-15m
Haste = 10-13m
PR = 18-23m
WM = 15-20m

etc.

I suspect the hardcores and the big spenders will love it.  The free-to-play, solo players and honest players, other than the honest hardcore players, hate it.  I've already left these servers and this firms up my decision.  They made a huge mistake.  When classic turns into live, with the whales in charge and the rest of the servers dead, perhaps people will see just how large a mistake.

2 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

I would agree with it if they decreased the adena rates at low lvl areas like it was during the opening. If they base their theory on JP and KR servers, then the increase in certain areas but not other makes no sense. 

Well, RMT needs to get adena somehow.

Do you really think that the Sweetest Vemon quest reward of 3200a was a bug or unintended?

They don't do anything about adena sellers because without them, the servers would be even more dead. Some people simply don't want to put in the grind for obtaining their own gear.

So many reasons they don't do anything about adena sellers:

More technical overhead. The faster they ban adena sellers, the faster they sellers create accounts, the faster the database fills up with accounts that are not real players. I'm willing to bet this could also increase the support tickets received from sellers trying to recover lost adena reserves. You might say, well adena sellers don't care if they get banned....in many cases probably not. But i wouldn't put it past them to at least try one attempt at recovering an account with adena on it.

You know they can track the money so it's not like they don't know who's selling it. The fact that they don't do anything is because they know they would be in more trouble if they didn't let people RMT.

Archived