Forums

Update on Adena and Drop Rates

Hime

• L2 Team

Since the launch of Lineage II Classic, we’ve received tons of your feedback regarding Adena, drops, and spoil rates in game. Based on that feedback, initially increased those rates by more than double, and addressed key group areas that had lower than intended rates.

After observing the impact had in-game, and discussing with the development team, we concluded that no additional rate changes will be made. Our rates for free players are parallel with the other regions that offer Lineage II Classic as free-to-play. Ultimately, the nature of Lineage II Classic is that acquiring Adena and items are meant to be challenging, as players must decide strategically how they spend their Adena.

We recognize the concerns of our players, and we will be running the Attendance Checklist event along with weekend server boosts for the remainder of 2018. There will also be seasonable events that we run from time to time to acquire various reward items. 

The Attendance Checklist event will start after maintenance this week and the first weekend server boost event will start this Saturday.

Information on the Attendance Checklist and Server Settings can be read here: https://www.lineage2.com/news/winter-holiday-events-2018

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hime said:

Since the launch of Lineage II Classic, we’ve received tons of your feedback regarding Adena, drops, and spoil rates in game. Based on that feedback, initially increased those rates by more than double, and addressed key group areas that had lower than intended rates.

After observing the impact had in-game, and discussing with the development team, we concluded that no additional rate changes will be made. Our rates for free players are parallel with the other regions that offer Lineage II Classic as free-to-play. Ultimately, the nature of Lineage II Classic is that acquiring Adena and items are meant to be challenging, as players must decide strategically how they spend their Adena.

We recognize the concerns of our players, and we will be running the Attendance Checklist event along with weekend server boosts for the remainder of 2018. There will also be seasonable events that we run from time to time to acquire various reward items. 

The Attendance Checklist event will start after maintenance this week and the first weekend server boost event will start this Saturday. Event details will be available shortly.

:D ... Oh dear 

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

The Attendance Checklist event will start after maintenance this week and the first weekend server boost event will start this Saturday. Event details will be available shortly.

@Hime So it's intended that level 30 mobs give more than level 50+ mobs? Please tell me this is some poorly-timed April Fool's joke.

I seriously recommend you take down this post and reconsider again, otherwise you're going to be getting a LOT of paypal/cc chargebacks over the coming days.

2 minutes ago, Hime said:

You forgot to discuss with the Devs that by giving everyone free top D weapons from the afk event, you have destroyed the economy. Also, you forgot to mention that you have increased the drop rates in party areas but not solo, thus eliminating those playing without a CP. Eh, that's what I personally expected anyway. I wouldn't mind low rates if you did not implement things like afk events that give top gear and eliminated adena sellers/bots. But yeah. 

1 minute ago, LoanWolf said:

VIP 4 doesnt give additional adena.  Please tell the KR devs that it is bugged because that is obviously why it isnt being changed.

It's not supposed to give aditional adena, just general item drop rate. 

@Hime I don't know who did your research for you to come to this conclusion. But there is a huge difference in drop rates being challenging and adena rates being incorrect. VIP does not effect the drop rate of adena or the amount. So why would adena rates at lower level be much higher than most level 50+ areas? That a massive imbalance. If you sincerely think this, you will be signing the death of Lineage 2 classic.

6 minutes ago, Hime said:

Thanks , this is what classic means. Hard stuff .. who don`t like free to leave for LIVE SERVERS. Thanks and goodbye.

6 minutes ago, Hime said:

????? Welcome to NC West

What a joke hahaha

Just now, CataPvE said:

Thanks , this is what classic means. Hard stuff .. who don`t like free to leave for LIVE SERVERS. Thanks and goodbye.

Hard stuff? People, including myself running with top C and B gear after 2 months? That's not the issue dude, stop dreaming. The issue is that mobs in FT and Ant nest drop more adena than mobs in LOA. 

1 minute ago, Thegrumpymuppett said:

Couldnt make me happier this new. GOOD. let the whinning begin, finally no more carebear for players. want gear? buy  adena (which is illegal) or go grind monsters like i do :P

Where do you grind muppet? FT or Ant nest? 

11 minutes ago, Hime said:

Finally, you did something correctly. Now you only need to reverse the drops to what they used to be during the launch, remove skills that aren't suppose to be in 1.5 and exp areas. And will be officially good

3 minutes ago, Thegrumpymuppett said:

Couldnt make me happier this new. GOOD. let the whinning begin, finally no more carebear for players. want gear? buy  adena (which is illegal) or go grind monsters like i do :P

It's not that they are low, ya nimrod, it's that they are obviously wrong lol.  yeah let's all farm 30's mobs forever!

Owe also why I am pointing out your astounding stupidity, it was a great decision to turn off looping macros for the legit players while ignoring botting LITERALLY EVERYWHERE ON THE SERVER. Hell people bot the stupid Aden Quest making it impossible for a legit melee character to do it. GOOD GAME BRO GOOD GAME...

You should add (oh btw port fees start tomorrow so bend over farther). this is a joke i've been around since beta and in no way is this comparable to that. Please admit you didnt really look into this and don't want to bother. You will lose a ton of players because of this. AT LEAST KEEP THE PORT FEES FREE IF YOU INTEND ON KEEPING THIS THIS WAY

Just now, Eternal said:

Here come the tears, I love it !!!! Please for those who intent to quit, mail me all your in game items at character name  (Nyana) I do intend to stay. 

I guess you are a low lvl, better stay that way. You'll make more adena farming lvl 30 mobs than lvl 55 ones. :  ) 

Archived