New AFK Fishing event incoming!

4 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Brazillians are gonna love the name of this one!

Uma delicia 100%

"Monkey Bait can be acquired through direct purchase or Chef Monkey’s Gift on the L2 Store" lmfao get lost NCsoft.

Seriously some people till want events like halloween where multiboxing afks wins top d weaps?NO.This is real event,even though its UNFAIR that u cant get monkey baits ingame,they should provide a way for f2p players but well the 5mins buff is all i NEEDED so i solo farm much easier than before.

You people cry about this event but you literally contribute nothing but a body to the game. We pay so you can play free. Cry more its delicious.  Also you still get the herbs which is basically PoF buff and boosted xp/sp so theres no reason to cry. Vip barely gets anything extra according to the event theres nothing great from the fishing portion anyway just a 1hr buff thats going to take an entire night of fishing to get 1 buff.

• Amraith changed the title to New AFK Fishing event incoming!

I'm not a fan of this event. It seems quickly strung together. I was hoping they would make a hunting related event for Valentine's day but o well. The 5 min buff is kinda nice depending on the drop rate. Aside from that just seems like a way to pay for some passive xp fishing. Meh

Fishing event is a cash grab from ppl who are semi inactive either way.

As a free to play player i don't see NoTingWong with this event.

So far the game had close to 0 p2w.

Let the fishermen support the game, so that we all could play for free. 

Also free cov is for everyone. That's awesome.

Pleasantly surprised by another L2 Store event that isn't heavily P2W.  Classic players should note that Heine Fishing Event (a similar Live Event) is lauded as one of the most Pay2Win features in the game due to AFK XP being so much better then Active XP. That doesn't seem to be the case with this event (thank the lord.)

2 hours ago, BadCrab said:

Pleasantly surprised by another L2 Store event that isn't heavily P2W.  Classic players should note that Heine Fishing Event (a similar Live Event) is lauded as one of the most Pay2Win features in the game due to AFK XP being so much better then Active XP. That doesn't seem to be the case with this event (thank the lord.)

monkey baits give 15% more exp and its a bit faster.It isnt that much of a boost at all and i highly doubt you get more exp by fishing than real farming.So yes im glad classic is following a somehow healthy way.

Yeah the +15% bonus XP is pretty negligible - I don't think anyone is going to forego raids or hunting parties in favor of AFK fishing. That is not the case with the Live Fishing Events on Chronos (Where it is exponentially faster to level by AFK fishing with L2Store Event Baits then any AOE party.)

I just hope the trend continues and the following events are not P2W related, this has been good common sense from NC in managing this version of the game, so I really hope they keep it up this way. That being said, a close future event should allow the purchase of Pk scrolls again, we needs them 9_9

Archived