30-days packs issue

Tell us what is the reason to buy these packs against 7-days?

Please make 30-days to be able to use at Oly/Chaos. Many people buy them just for replacing few missed items. For toons is enough istina/octavis/etc, top spenders already have full sets(augmented and enchanted).

You should work better with product target audience.

1 hour ago, Auburn said:

I vote no on this one. If the 30 day packs work everywhere, what is the point in the normal jewels besides the Augmentation, which is a tiny boost. This would completely devalue the boss jewels.

You are wrong. Jewels of angels are very good, but "soon" we will get jewels of dragons and gods...

Think one more time before saying "completely devalue". 

Back to these packs, show me the reason to buy and pay for more expensive packs.

1 hour ago, LordDragnil said:

You are wrong. Jewels of angels are very good, but "soon" we will get jewels of dragons and gods...

Back to these packs, show me the reason to buy and pay for more expensive packs.

These are made for the ppl who don't want to save Adena and buy the permanent stuff.As these are only a substitute and not the real deal, they come with few caveats - cannot be enchanted or augmented and you have to buy a pack every month, also cannot be used in Oly, which is very much intended.

4 hours ago, LordDragnil said:

Think before telling someone they are wrong.

Jewels of angels passives are garbage (other than mdef) unless you enchant them to +6 or higher, and good luck with that. Even then they still will not stand up to an actual boss jewel, ie blessed valakas, blessed antharas, lindvior. If you were able to use the 30 day rare accessory packs for EVERYTHING why would anyone buy normal jewels? To make them +6 or higher for some MDEF? Hardly worth the 30B adena investment. 

So once again no. You have to look at picture from both sides, not just the one you want. You have a Bias because that's what you want. Now say you had a full actual set of boss jewels and ever random joe shmo just bought this 30 day pack and could use it for everything you could. wouldn't that make you feel a little dumb for spending 100b+ for a boss jewel set instead of a 2b a month for jewels?

17 hours ago, mixa said:

"save Adena"

I "fight for fun". Are You sure that "fight for adena" exactly you need?

14 hours ago, Auburn said:

Think before telling someone they are wrong.

I do it in 99%. It should not be taken as some kind of argument, but just a simple fact. I am  INT(j/p)-A personality  type and I always (almost) think before.

14 hours ago, Auburn said:

wouldn't that make you feel a little dumb for spending 100b+ for a boss jewel...?

Exactly. I am sure it is. AND, in any case, it's not all you need to feel fully geared up. So...

16 hours ago, Auburn said:

You have to look at picture from both sides, not just the one you want.

I wanna too, sale items with the prices I bought them, but we don't have more idiots players. So I don't hope to ever return, at least, the part of money back. In the same time, I will  not going to pay for those things that don't satisfy me.

Let me show you missing aspects:

1. In an isolated system, the price is determined by the supply-demand curve. Real economic model of the games include deflation and  inflation. These things depends of many factors: the amount of money in the game, the novelty and uniqueness of the items, and so on... . Developers are required to introduce new items and depreciate old ones. That is the order of things.
  2. New items are not equal to old ones. New items consume old, so prices will be held. We missed update with the accessory solvents. IMHO, it's mistake for our game build.
  3. The more processes slow down, the closer the death. Aren't you bored enough play with the mobs? Wanna play with bots at Oly? It's the future of empty servers.
  4. The game must earn. These packs earn, permanent jewelry don't. Just a business point of view.

I hope you understand and I do not need to describe in more detail, because there is no time to explain .

4 minutes ago, LordDragnil said:

I "fight for fun". Are You sure that "fight for adena" exactly you need?

That's your own concern, not ncwest's or anyone else for that matter. You can play for whatever you want, but these jewel properties are what they are for a reason.

18 minutes ago, mixa said:

That's your own concern, not ncwest's or anyone else for that matter. You can play for whatever you want, but these jewel properties are what they are for a reason.

So what's the reason you see? Your post looks like message in the bottle with  a blurred ending.

PS.
Back to the topic question, what is the point to buy 30-days packs against 7-days? I had some, used one and see zero reasons to buy them more

1 hour ago, LordDragnil said:

1. In an isolated system, the price is determined by the supply-demand curve. Real economic model of the games include deflation and  inflation. These things depends of many factors: the amount of money in the game, the novelty and uniqueness of the items, and so on... . Developers are required to introduce new items and depreciate old ones. That is the order of things.
  2. New items are not equal to old ones. New items consume old, so prices will be held. We missed update with the accessory solvents. IMHO, it's mistake for our game build.
  3. The more processes slow down, the closer the death. Aren't you bored enough play with the mobs? Wanna play with bots at Oly? It's the future of empty servers.
  4. The game must earn. These packs earn, permanent jewelry don't. Just a business point of view.

I hope you understand and I do not need to describe in more detail, because there is no time to explain .

1. The economic impact on both players and NCSoft would be felt if these packs were allowed to do everything you mentioned.

a. Players Jewels prices would lower and cause them to be less valuable.

b. NCSoft would suffer because 90% of the real jewels on the market came from past events, not from raids or in game farming means.

2. New items (Angel Jewels) are 100% NOT equal to the current boss jewels set. This will change with the new Dragon Jewels in future updates but as of right now, Old > New (Class by Class basis)

3. Agreed, its a 15 year old game holding on by a thread, but the relevancy to the current topic is loose at best.

4. And earn it does. Permanent jewels don't earn? Refer to point number 1. Where did 90% of those jewels come from? L2Store. The rare accessory packs are just a small patch in a much larger hole that NCSoft themselves have created.

I actually hope they delete the things entirely. I am very much an "earn what I got kind of person", not the whole just "give me what I think I need" snowflake generation. That obviously where you and I differ.

14 minutes ago, Auburn said:

1. The economic impact on both players and NCSoft would be felt if these packs were allowed to do everything you mentioned.

a. Players Jewels prices would lower and cause them to be less valuable.

b. NCSoft would suffer because 90% of the real jewels on the market came from past events, not from raids or in game farming means.

Is this hard to understand that epic jewelry for current gemeplay is a must? For price that need to buy one ear here, you can bay full gear on the private (or maximum exploration pack in other games) and play with more fun, more people and without soulshot lags.

It is normal for their business that we still have a lot of blind. As long as people think it is worth it, it is. But time does not stand still, and there are less and less of these.

28 minutes ago, Auburn said:

2. New items (Angel Jewels) are 100% NOT equal to the current boss jewels set.

I don't know why you stucked at the angels jewelry. But if you spend the same money as for current dragons epics, you will have a chance to get something different and even better (rings from +6). But ofc you must be with the maximized luck. That means you already have rings, +10 set, dyes, talismans, hair accessories and more and more... . So those who have it all have a distinct advantage.

36 minutes ago, Auburn said:

4. And earn it does. Permanent jewels don't earn? Refer to point number 1. Where did 90% of those jewels come from? L2Store. The rare accessory packs are just a small patch in a much larger hole that NCSoft themselves have created.

Permanent jewels(means items) don't earn. They become cheaper and cheaper in the auction, until those who wish collect a certain amount of adena. Come to the store next time and say that they can not longer sell smartphones cheaper, because you took them twice as expensive last year.

4 hours ago, LordDragnil said:

I don't know why you stucked at the angels jewelry. But if you spend the same money as for current dragons epics, you will have a chance to get something different and even better (rings from +6). But ofc you must be with the maximized luck. That means you already have rings, +10 set, dyes, talismans, hair accessories and more and more... . So those who have it all have a distinct advantage.

Permanent jewels(means items) don't earn. They become cheaper and cheaper in the auction, until those who wish collect a certain amount of adena. Come to the store next time and say that they can not longer sell smartphones cheaper, because you took them twice as expensive last year.

I'm stuck on angel jewelry because you mentioned newer jewelry that's better than the old ones. Am I missing something or has there been something newer to come out than angels jewelry, because last time I looked we didn't have Fafurion yet. Also why I wrote on a class by class basis. Which judging by your response I can see you either didn't understand or choose to ignore.

How do you figure they don't earn? Reading comprehension. I was referring to the business aspect from NCSoft perspective. Putting in large items like boss jewels as a reward increases sales of L2store during events. You are referring to players. NCSoft will continue to put them in rewards and they will continue to sell them because they will always remain relevant. If that relevancy every wears off, they will update it with newer, more shiny, more expensive rewards, IE the new dragon jewels.

"A single snowflake voicing his opinion will never cause and avalanche." -Auburn

snowflake (dreacke's favorite word) 

only new epic atm would be a +7 or higher fallen angel ring and that's only if your archer/dagger imho..

also I stole the word snowflake from Truffle & co but dang did that became more & more applicable eh.. kinda start to really dislike those western millenials, funny how that attitude doesn't exist in eastern europe/russia or asia

20 hours ago, LordDragnil said:

So what's the reason you see? Your post looks like message in the bottle with  a blurred ending.

Too bad it's your vision though. The 30 day pack is a great thing to have as it is.You're just "mi mi mi" about minor and intended things.

On 29.03.2019 at 2:37 PM, mixa said:

Too bad it's your vision though. The 30 day pack is a great thing to have as it is.You're just "mi mi mi" about minor and intended things.

Who said this is bad?
All of you like to talk about nothing.... My question was simple...

On 28.03.2019 at 10:41 PM, Auburn said:

How do you figure they don't earn? Reading comprehension. I was referring to the business aspect from NCSoft perspective. Putting in large items like boss jewels as a reward increases sales of L2store during events. You are referring to players. NCSoft will continue to put them in rewards and they will continue to sell them because they will always remain relevant. If that relevancy every wears off, they will update it with newer, more shiny, more expensive rewards, IE the new dragon jewels.

I did not come here to talk about the sales mechanism. He is so clear. I want to talk about how to interest new players to play on official servers. I absolutely do not care how much money you spent and how much more you are going to spend. This is your business. I am thinking about how to make this game more popular and profitable.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:06 AM, LordDragnil said:

I did not come here to talk about the sales mechanism. He is so clear. I want to talk about how to interest new players to play on official servers. I absolutely do not care how much money you spent and how much more you are going to spend. This is your business. I am thinking about how to make this game more popular and profitable.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:13 AM, LordDragnil said:

My last word here.
Greed has ruined the official servers. 
For me, this is extremely obvious.

I am not going to describe anything more, because it is not worth my time.

Bolded and underlined is everything you are being hypocritical on.

Bringing these packs in the game is a good thing, it allows newer players who are willing to spend a little money the ability to have something from the beginning that would be well out of their reach for YEARS unless they RMT for them. Allowing them to use them for everything though is overkill IMO. To each his own.

Archived