Lineage2: Broken System??!!

Been in this game since BETA which is a good 17 years. 
BUT I'm really curious what Ncsoft is thinking for the past 2-3 years.
Every expansion is REALLY not improving the game and so many areas are dismantled instead.

Even now, the BASIC skill learning have restriction. No way to get RUNE. No way to get Codex...etc
RUNE is a luxury now??!! CODEX is a luxury as well??!!

AND why change the SIEGE timing when most people cannot attend?? More players during that time zone??

I really don't understand all this rant about Rune Stones lately (and yes there is several posts about it) o.O

This is clearly not the inquiry of someone that plays actively since BETA ^_^ It was hell before to get spellbooks to learn ALL skills. Now you just need SP for most of them. If you can't afford 4x or 8x or 40x rune stones, then don't learn those skills O.o it's not like you're learning Divining Inspiration (Beginner's book) in all characters. There's still ways to get Rune Stones in game, but envolves people playing together :D With Maphr Boxes, Rune Stone prices went down to less than half. If it's super important to you to learn those Rune Stone skills, then consider that cost in your budget.

If you're in a hurry, you always have L2 Store xD

P.S: No way to get Codex? Go register every olympiad and CoC match that you can, and you will be able to buy a few at the end of the month. And that is something you can do alone.

A very good valid point raised by TheRaTank.

Been wondering why the developer is breaking up a good game.

Been in this game for 8 years.. always been enjoying the siege. Why change the Siege timing? Yes, I understand it have been changed a few times before. But the current Siege time is way out for me.

And Yes... its simply dumb to alter the BASIC skill system. U need tons of $ and times to learn skill.

I want to laugh at Nymphadorae comments. U new to this game?

Edited by DorfL2

First this game is 16th not 17th years.  And for sake of argument, claiming been there once since BETA - DOES NOT - really tell the whole story of just how much time and money invested someone truly has.  Because he could easily have quit the game for 15 or 16 years, so essentially a true bald noob who has absolutely ZERO experience with the current Goddess of Destruction "skill-based" game play system vs. normal critical rate and normal critical damage system.  

Also his post is 18 hours ago, this is AFTER Rune books has gone from 250m down to 110m and few days ago 99m, much cheaper than in recent memory.  Was he not aware of such drastic price reduction of Rune books before posting what he did?  I guess in all fairness, it's still more expensive than the 55m or lower days but, if he was genuinely fair about complaint on prices, there are other areas to complaint than Rune books (much needed price relief by this week's Maphr box event).

There are so many improvements to this game, I cannot possibly begin to address all of them past 2-3 years.  Interface improvements, ranking system to motivate and give perspective of the server health and a sense of who's who and where and what level, etc., so much promotional events it feels like it's constant ongoing and is expected.  Back in the good old days, there will be months before any events coming and none of this xp server event for 8 weeks or crap like that.  It was truly hardcore grind for many years 2011-2015 with crappy macro system, with PK Scam and all kinds of irritants. 

There is a prevalent culture of complaint in this game, frankly I'm pretty sick and tired of it.  Not enough people giving thanks for saying positives about all the improvements we've seen.  There are a lot of improvements if you really look - one example are the 110 instances.  Where in the history of the past 16 years can you do a solo instance that gives you TRILLIONS of XP without rune or vitality bonus?!!  in freaking 2 mins?  that's like a freaking dream back in the 2015 era.  Where are all the thanks and gratefulness?  

How about the improvements on the stupid and ridiculous Exalted 3 to need to capture the damn flag in a seige?  Nowadays, we can go up to Exalted 6, just EASY MACRO?  where are all the thanks?  How about free Exalted armors, Exalted weapons that you can even improve and enchance for unheard fraction of the cost?  How about dragon shirt thanks?  I don't hear any positive words - nothing but complaint and complaint and complaint.   

Bunch of noobs who claim coming from BETA, hogwash b.s.  Not the least slight hardened hardcore mentality at all, fragile and weak, uncreative and ungrateful "newcomer" mentality.

Edited by GhostintheShell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I am in this game since BETA. I have never left the game.
I've been playing this game for 16-17 years.

What about the time when Rune stone was once 40-50mil?
I'm pretty shock that someone actually highlighted that RUNE stone drop from 250m to 110m (During EVENT)
Not all players are Pay To Win. Or Even paying to play the game.

Yes, to be fair. NCWEST did improve the game.
But the ratio as to improving the game was slightly off compare to breaking the system.

Guys guys, if you play this game since before koreans invented it.....please be kind and share with us your server, toon name, class and lvl...otherwise your words mean nothing here(yes, nothing...as long as you came with a new born toon).

For me ...all this chat regarding balok 14 ppl, rune stone, blablabla come only from abusers who infest servers with gazilions toons in order to rmt adena.

@Juji if you really want to do something about it visit now Plunderous Plains....you will find there an entirely army of wynn bots.

Probably you will take no measures and let those **** to ***servers like you did in the past with GoG :)

H5

Edited by TheThrax

Been here sense Beta, yes, took many breaks.  I did my exhaulted quest when ya had to set an alarm and get up at 2am for a shot at Lilith.  Most memorably though, I remember getting the wishing potion quest down to 25 mins on 2 toons because it was the ONLY way to get the amulet to learn party heal for my overlord.  I did the quest 3-4 times a night for well over a month trying to farm this.  I remember needing to hit Baium and laying dead after being pk'd watching baium die w/ no chance of getting up to hit it.  4-8 rune stones is nothing compared to what we used to go thru.  Even the book to be able to use dual dagger was hard to get!!  Ya'll need to stop trying to play 6 characters and pick 1 to build.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think the issue here, which I agree with is the availability of items. Rune stones, need to be an in game drop. Forgotten books, need to be an in game drop. You should not HAVE to pay for every little thing in game simply to advance basic fundamental skills of a character. Pay to win? Sure.. Pay for advantage? Ok... Pay to simple learn a skill is a joke. Anything that is an item IN game needs to be IN game, and not ONLY available in a cash shop. We used to farm what we needs.. Whole clans out trying to get drops to gear one person, much like TOI now. I'm fine with the Advanced rune stones being hard to get... at least they're attainable.

All of the instance zones are also quickly being gobbled up by.. you guessed it.. MONEY paid zones.. oh you can have an hour for free.. want to go into a place that was free for 15 years? Well.. now it'll cost you money. 

I'm pretty sure we can all agree this is quickly becoming BS.  

19 hours ago, DorfL2 said:

I want to laugh at Nymphadorae comments. U new to this game?

Unlike you that joined forum last year and then went AFK again until now? ^_^ "welcome back" anyway.

Back to topic, these changes weren't implement from day to night. And basically, it was much harder to get anything before, like @GhostintheShell and @Degus mentioned.

38 minutes ago, MrE said:

I think the issue here, which I agree with is the availability of items. Rune stones, need to be an in game drop. Forgotten books, need to be an in game drop. You should not HAVE to pay for every little thing in game simply to advance basic fundamental skills of a character. Pay to win? Sure.. Pay for advantage? Ok... Pay to simple learn a skill is a joke. Anything that is an item IN game needs to be IN game, and not ONLY available in a cash shop.

I agree with you on this, but the issue is that people start to think that everything is essential 9_9 brooch jewels, dragon shirts and circlets were pure L2 Store items. Now they're given away for free to every Exalted that completes first and second quest. Never in the history of this game, did people get so much free gear. And still find a reason to complain... If you don't like how this game turned out, it's fine, you're entitled to that. But if you're not enjoying it, just uninstall it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nymphadorae said:

Unlike you that joined forum last year and then went AFK again until now? ^_^ "welcome back" anyway.

Back to topic, these changes weren't implement from day to night. And basically, it was much harder to get anything before, like @GhostintheShell and @Degus mentioned.

I agree with you on this, but the issue is that people start to think that everything is essential 9_9 brooch jewels, dragon shirts and circlets were pure L2 Store items. Now they're given away for free to every Exalted that completes first and second quest. Never in the history of this game, did people get so much free gear. And still find a reason to complain... If you don't like how this game turned out, it's fine, you're entitled to that. But if you're not enjoying it, just uninstall it. 

Oh see, I disagree, I think people have every right to ask for changes in a game they 100% support and keep in business. Doesn't mean all changes need to be implemented or listen to. But when the player base is 100% of what keeps you in business? Yes, we as players have every right to be unhappy with 1. The state of the game and 2. The direction of the future. 

Lots of things are free yes, but look at the cost of the things that just came out. The new SA? lvl 6 100 billion. That's almost 1000$ for a single item, come on.. that's insane and stupid and should not have any place in a "Game". yes you have a "chance" of making one yourself, but that chance costs money. And its a HUGE GAMBLE. And as anyone that has played L2 for any length of time knows.. In L2... the House.. ALWAYS WINS .. the chance rates are garbage, for a reason.. you'll spend more money.  No one should be happy about that part of the "game"

31 minutes ago, MrE said:

Oh see, I disagree, I think people have every right to ask for changes in a game they 100% support and keep in business. Doesn't mean all changes need to be implemented or listen to. But when the player base is 100% of what keeps you in business? Yes, we as players have every right to be unhappy with 1. The state of the game and 2. The direction of the future. 

Agree, but if everything is an issue... well... there are other games out there xD

31 minutes ago, MrE said:

No one should be happy about that part of the "game"

Like you said before: for you this is a game, for them it's business. With this business model, without L2 Store, you wouldn't have NCWest servers to play ^_^ Shilen SA and other end-game items are not mandatory to play. So as optional OP item, they decide to put it on L2 Store instead. Note that I don't agree with this. With having items ONLY available through L2 Store and not by any other means (drop in game, free events, and so on), and even worse at high prices and / or gambling for a chance to get those items. But I do understand why it's done that way. If the servers rely only on players' payment and goodwill... they would be closed long time ago :|