Switch Dual Class with Main

OzX

Maybe the OP is new to the game or forum, but we've had this discussion and debate ad nauseam for years. It reached its height when NCSoft said that we would get some version of a sub to main swap during one update, but they then totally reneged and proposed something other than what we asked -- a split character service, where your main character kept all of the nontradeable stuff that you were hoping to keep on your dual class. In the end, we never got anything.

So like the others said, the answer is "No!!!" (from NCSoft) and the only thing that you can do is re-roll and pay out hundreds or thousands of USD more to build the new character like you did the first one. Welcome to the wonderful world of Lineage II.

This used to be a service available when I played originally before GoD.  It was gone when I returned earlier this year.  I never read up on why it was removed and isn't an option any longer.  Maybe there's some weird reason but seeing as main/dual can exist at same level I don't see why it wouldn't be an option.  However, regarding your question, it likely isn't going to be an option again any time soon.

9 hours ago, Nefyrion said:

This used to be a service available when I played originally before GoD.  It was gone when I returned earlier this year.  I never read up on why it was removed and isn't an option any longer.  Maybe there's some weird reason but seeing as main/dual can exist at same level I don't see why it wouldn't be an option.  However, regarding your question, it likely isn't going to be an option again any time soon.

It always was a separation service.

6 hours ago, mixa said:

It always was a separation service.

It's completely possible I'm not understanding what is meant here. But do you mean it was a separate service with a charge? If so than yea. If you're talking about something else I'm not sure. It was a long time ago for me but I do remember basically switching my main to doomcryer taking the appearance of the orc and everything, my spellhowler became one of my subclasses but was still an option to switch to.  Not meant as any kind of argument just was wondering what was meant by separation service.  Apologies for the ignorance.

Devoid and mixa are talking about this:

79b935c6cab82ec08e950aef.jpg
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/다이나믹+듀얼

That was originally an event in Korea. Now you can purchase the service over there any time for 29,700 Won aka 30 US dollars:
http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage2/goods/list?dci=52

What you are talking about is something that happened long before GoD. Like for example Draecke was originally a Human Duelist and switched to an Elven Sword Muse. But that is no longer compatible with the current game coding.

correct and you can find the old details on the Lineage2 Legacy website archive, see below links :)

http://legacy.lineage2.com/archive/2008/04/choose_your_des.html

http://legacy.lineage2.com/my_account/account_services5.html

now for whatever reason the Koreans no longer want this service and as such neither will we get it as the game has changed quite a bit since then with the creation of dual class which can level up just as much as your main etc.  - most likely the combo of unlimited dual class + Red Libra replaced it's function

10 hours ago, Skylarking said:
Re: Lineage II June Preview

Let me share experience about main class change. Though it might be not the case, and freeshards can't be precise sourse of information, but still.

Once I used to play on a freeshard (hf chronicle, java), and was discussing mainclass deal with local admin. The procedure has been like this: donator changes his class to another. Using regular tools, admin changes his class to a desired one, but there's a moment that might be the case here, on the official server. Freshly changed main class had proper skills for his class, etc (btw, no restrictions for orc ol or gnome warsmith, just some issues with kamael inspector), BUT when he registered for oly and played it, he was considered by the system as his old class.

For instance, donator plays BD and decides to change for titan. He changes, having no skills of BD, just full skills of a titan, but in the end he becomes the hero of BD class.

The admin described and fixed this like that: he explained that there's some thing reffered to as a "noble list" - some sort of database, where RB progress, castle records, hero status histories are stored. To fix that problem of duality he just removed character's noble status, and then again, after series of relogs made a toon noble again, thus cleared his noble history and class bias.

Here, on an official servers may be the same reason: back in a day you could have had this service, when entire noblesse deal had been just a series of 3-4 quests.
Now, admins will have to remove not only standard line, but also look thru' your entire exalted series (make note that these quests are not linear), maybe even factions, ability points, God knows, maybe even revelation skills and thru' many others to change and register your newly made main class properly. Or maybe it's just impossible to make all of these procedures without having permission/proper tools of NC?

most people are to lazy to click links and your old post actually makes full sense and when you look at that it becomes clear it's not something NC sees as profitable to do as it cost to much resources per request on a game that runs on absolute minimal support - easier to just throw in another p2w l2store promo then having to process 5 such main/dual change requests lolz

Archived