New PVP System Changes.....umm Hime?

@Hime I am nowhere close to being the best writer but the pvp changes you have made need some explaining please. Its possible i am illiterate and have bad comprehension but i am reading that if I am on auto hunt i will attack an enemy player and if they are white (no pun intended) I will go red and they will come back and kill me and loot my items i drop.

The whole thing is pretty confusing.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/19847-pvp-system-changes-1072020/

12 hours ago, daraiders said:

@Hime I am nowhere close to being the best writer but the pvp changes you have made need some explaining please. Its possible i am illiterate and have bad comprehension but i am reading that if I am on auto hunt i will attack an enemy player and if they are white (no pun intended) I will go red and they will come back and kill me and loot my items i drop.

The whole thing is pretty confusing.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/19847-pvp-system-changes-1072020/

No, if u been killed by a player, you will not drop nothing. You drop items only if you have been killed bby a monster or NPC while red name.

@Hime you realize that there will be no penalty for strong players to  pk everyone and you will have fundamentally broken l2 pvp system. The l2 pvp system is the only reason I play this game. I'm afraid this may push me from game, and my future millions in nccoin purchases will go bye bye if this isnt resolved

So now total idiots who are in this game just to spoil the fun of lower-level characters are not risking anything anymore? This is stupid.
After all, that was what it was about. You kill a low-level character - you risk losing something. Now everyone will run around and kill each other pointless.

• Like 2

Just now, miguelsan said:

You're about to be unemployed because this server will die fast, developers have very poor judgement . If you want to kill a game this is how you do it, just my 2 cents

hahahaha i hear about "this server will die faster" since 2018 hahahahaha

All "crying guys" about new pvp system is the botters. Thats the truth

Just now, Cathalix said:

So now total idiots who are in this game just to spoil the fun of lower-level characters are not risking anything anymore? This is stupid.
After all, that was what it was about. You kill a low-level character - you risk losing something. Now everyone will run around and kill each other pointless.

Thats a good point. Some ppl will use this new system on wrong way.

@Juji @Hime 

Team

I believe the dedicated few deserve an explanation here...It seems you made it so anyone can kill anyone without penalty.... So for instance a lvl90 can kill every single person on server and there is no penalty if someone kills him... Only if a mob does...if this is correct you have totally killed the game... What penalties are in place if that person kills everyone.. And then you have no revenue stream.....i think you need to explain your thoughts on how this will improve game play

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, miguelsan said:

@Hime you realize that there will be no penalty for strong players to  pk everyone and you will have fundamentally broken l2 pvp system. The l2 pvp system is the only reason I play this game. I'm afraid this may push me from game, and my future millions in nccoin purchases will go bye bye if this isnt resolved

I am not in the habit of posting on these forums.  More updates have been more or less positive.  I've been happy with the direction taken by the dev and GM teams.  However, this change will be hardcore abused by strong players

@Hime and @Juji - I urge you to take this seriously.  It is a serious oversight.

Not having significant repercussions from endlessly PKing players less geared/leveled than you is absurd. 10k max Karma can be cleared in a matter of minutes.

It encourages bullying and endless griefing.  Having a risk of dropping items when killed by players is the ONLY reason PKers stop at low PKs.

My characters are reasonably geared and leveled.  I'm including myself in the group who would be able to abuse this change.  I will be able to stay red, tank MANY chars and endlessly grief/PK characters below my level of gear, without any concern for losing my high value gear.  If I die, I'll just use one of my 2000 Brezzes and continue griefing

I enjoy this game's PK/PvP/PvE systems.  However, this SINGLE change will make me and other high spenders consider leaving the game.

Address this or risk losing a significant number of high paying customers.

*Edit*

I understand that this is in tandem with the "attack white players in rival clans if you're on auto-hunt" change I believe is being implemented.  You should NEVER auto-attack white players.  EVER.

Remove that change, and this PK update will be made redundant.

Consider this: I am in a clan tagged as rival by another clan.  I take off my gear, am white and run up to an auto-hunting rival.  They kill me, go red.

I can repeat this endlessly, getting them over 4 pks easily.  I then train mobs onto them or stun their healers/buff the mobs they're fighting, etc etc (get them killed by mobs) and steal their gear with ABSOLUTELY NO DECISION ON THEIR PART.

How is this balanced?

Edited by Davinc
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, JoeTimbu said:

hahahaha i hear about "this server will die faster" since 2018 hahahahaha

When my tiny clan is the server's "8 Top" by clan exp, I wouldn't call such a server alive.

Soon to be "5 Top", I guess.

• Like 1

Game over for me!  You guys should not allow individuals who DO NOT actually play the game make terrible update decisions like this!  You don’t enforce your EULA in regards to 3rd Party Programs and now this!  Someone needs to lose their job, because this game is about to “TANK” and I’m not talking about the toon that wears the heavy armor for all those who don’t understand the expression...  RIP L2 Classic!!!

-HB

• Like 1

Not quite sure what your development team were thinking by not having a drop penalty for chronic PK characters - what you have now done is given the green light to high level rogue PK characters to use there best gear without consequence. At least before if a 70+ PK character wanted to indiscriminately kill other characters they typically did it without high end gear for fear of getting caught and potentially dropping it if they were killed.

Looking for the logic...................

• Like 1

@Hime and @Juji

Update to my previous post.  It is now clear that ANY clan can mark ANY other clan as Rival and Debuff them at will

This means NO ONE will be able to play as before.

I can simply mark ANY clan as my Rival and grief them until they quit EXPing, raiding, playing or simply make them quit the game.  I can cast SPS/Sorc Cancel to ruin their buffs and let them die to mobs, etc etc etc etc

How did this get into the game?  Can we please have a discussion on why the devs felt it was a needed change in L2 Classic?

Edited by Davinc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Davinc said:

@Hime and @Juji

Update to my previous post.  It is now clear that ANY clan can mark ANY other clan as Rival and Debuff them at will

This means NO ONE will be able to play as before.

I can simply mark ANY clan as my Rival and grief them until they quit EXPing, raiding, playing or simply make them quit the game.  I can cast SPS/Sorc Cancel to ruin their buffs and let them die to mobs, etc etc etc etc

How did this get into the game?  Can we please have a discussion on why the devs felt it was a needed change in L2 Classic?

i'm curious too about what they was thinking when had this GREAT idea... doesn't make any sense.
But, you know, they WILL NO talk with us, like always. Like always, will be their will, only.

Due to the event regarding the XP bonus many people bought NCcoins to use to purchase XP scroll/runes.

With the sudden changes to PVP that are being exploited these players are unable to benefit from the purchases they have made.

What compensation is NCSoft able to offer?  I would suggest full refunds and credits issued to all accounts affected by this change.