Seriously now?

AtomizeR

Had an Elmore +5 and thought to try turn it to Legendary.

I had a feeling that this High-Low chance on dimensional merchant would mean 90%-10% so i bought 10 scrolls at once.....ended up to buy another 10 scrolls and with a non Legendary cloak.

WTH nc? Not even 95%-5% ????????

it's a roll of a dice. each roll has a 1 in 6 chance of coming up with a 6. But it doesn't mean that if you roll the dice 6 times you will definitely get a 6. You might have to roll the dice 50 times to get a 6, you might get it on the first roll. Doesn't change the fact each roll has a 1 in 6 chance of coming up a 6

ps the legendary exchange has a 5% chance of delivering what you want, if I remember correctly.

45 minutes ago, Mete said:

it's a roll of a dice. each roll has a 1 in 6 chance of coming up with a 6. But it doesn't mean that if you roll the dice 6 times you will definitely get a 6. You might have to roll the dice 50 times to get a 6, you might get it on the first roll. Doesn't change the fact each roll has a 1 in 6 chance of coming up a 6

ps the legendary exchange has a 5% chance of delivering what you want, if I remember correctly.

Well i guess you are right but it is still so annoying. I also used another 14 scrolls so in total 45 and still nothing...

1 hour ago, Mete said:

Do you know what the chances are that you roll a die and NOT get a 6 out of 50 rolls? It's astronomical... as in, .0166% chance of that happening yet.. it happens in this game.. ALL THE TIME. If you'd like to know the specifics look up mean sampling distribution and standard error for statistics along with simple die probability. They refuse to post the rates for the NA server.. there is a reason.  Because if they did.. we could simply show equations that prove they lie about rates. They're screwing their customers and we can't sue them if they don't post the rates.... NA is the most expensive cash shop out of all the servers, we have the least content and the slowest updates. This isn't by chance.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MrE said:

Do you know what the chances are that you roll a die and NOT get a 6 out of 50 rolls? It's astronomical... as in, .0166% chance of that happening yet.. it happens in this game.. ALL THE TIME. If you'd like to know the specifics look up mean sampling distribution and standard error for statistics along with simple die probability. They refuse to post the rates for the NA server.. there is a reason.  Because if they did.. we could simply show equations that prove they lie about rates. They're screwing their customers and we can't sue them if they don't post the rates.... NA is the most expensive cash shop out of all the servers, we have the least content and the slowest updates. This isn't by chance.  

I don't disagree, except the game version of "rolling the dice" is a random number generator, and even if we ignore any possible affinity,  the odds of generating a number between 1 and 100 100 times and never getting a number between 96-100 (5% success window) are different than a 6 sided dice, and different again if the rng generates numbers between 1 and 1000 (with a 50 number success window). WHat I am trying to say is, the dice was an example, if you redo the math with random numbers between 1-1000 (which is more realistic than the dice) and calculate the odds of doing 5-10-100 "rolls" and never landing in the 50 number "win" window will scare you.

Anyways, personally like I said in another thread I view these scrolls as ncwest selling me a click of a button that has a 95% chance of doing nothing, and charging me between 15 and 20 euro per click. I find that insulting and I refuse to buy these scrolls from the ncoin store, I bought whatever cheap scrolls I found ingame, end of story.

• Like 1

It is pure randomness.

I made 1x Legendary cloak with 1 scroll. The second cloak took me 20 scrolls.

A friend made 2x Legendary cloaks with 2 scrolls, other people haven't been successful even after 40 scrolls.

Some hit the lottery, some don't.

Cloak event had always bad odds, the reason why they are so expensive is because people tired of it. Most cloaks on the market are 5 year old or from those who spends thousands of bucks and left the game already.

I think the rates apply on the server not on individual,  if 100 people use 1 scroll only 5 people will succeed, ore if 2 people use scrolls , 1 uses 1 scroll  and the 2 uses 95 scrolls both will succeed, so more people on server using  scroll  the better succeed rates, but when you are playing  alone on the server you get hit by all the failed rates.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mitzza said:

I think the rates apply on the server not on individual,  if 100 people use 1 scroll only 5 people will succeed, ore if 2 people use scrolls , 1 uses 1 scroll  and the 2 uses 95 scrolls both will succeed, so more people on server using  scroll  the better succeed rates, but when you are playing  alone on the server you get hit by all the failed rates.

Hi,
Not the first time I hear that, and already confirmed by some friends from Chronos who used to be in Naia before.
So basically, move your toon to Chronos since more enchanting is happening there.