Blackbird Olympiad times

Enthused

Sooooo, u're telling me they made 2 servers on 2 different time zones...which makes sense, then made common events for both those servers which basically makes it impossible to not give an advantage over to one or another group of people, which makes 0 sense? Really? There's ppl getting paid to make these decisions?

• Like 1

Lol, you guys are all under the impression that it would even matter what time it’s at. Heroes don’t become heroes because they are good at the game they become heroes based upon how many wins their “Zerg” feeds them it’s been this way for years. Hell, I was stupid enough not to notice the time discrepancy when I started my character on Elcadia and if you think Oly time is bad most clans raid at 2pm-3pm EST. “Oh no sir, I’m not playing a game while I’m supposed to be working… that’s my screensaver I swear!”

ELCadia server time is 100% catered to Europeans and Brazilians. I'm fine with that. Give them their own server, that's cool.

Blackbird, on the other hand, is an NA timezone server. The fact that Olympiad is at 2:00PM on Weekdays is unacceptable. I live in America. I play on an American server with an American timezone. And yet, for some reason, I will NEVER be able to participate in Olympiad because I would have to be home from work, sitting at my PC, by 2:00PM.

There is no excuse for this. There is no compromise here. A compromise would be pushing it back at least an hour, preferably two.

1 hour ago, Kalampoki said:

I'm on gmt +3 playing on a gmt-1 server and oly is at 12pm. So yeah, it doesn't help at all when some of us wake up at 5-6 am. Neither us nor eu is happy with that timing 

12 AM not PM. Looks like both EU and NA players are unhappy with this setup. 

7 minutes ago, Vladbila said:

12 AM not PM. Looks like both EU and NA players are unhappy with this setup. 

which is why it's a compromise.

If you live at the "extremes" of the time zones (GMT-7/8  in the states or GMT+3/4 in Europe) olympiad will be difficult.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:28 AM, Eulogy said:

Honestly it needs to be at least 2 hours ahead of that. Even those who work where server is located will still be working. This is a huge oversight.

although you are right, this is not going to happen due to the shared events between the 2 servers :/

6 hours ago, Shalille said:

That might  indicate that it is actually a good compromise between both server timezones.

EU already has these exact same servers. Go play on Purple or Ruby if you want EU timezones. 

This here is NA. There should be no compromise for EU players here at the expense of NA.

2 hours ago, Enthused said:

EU already has these exact same servers. Go play on Purple or Ruby if you want EU timezones. 

This here is NA. There should be no compromise for EU players here at the expense of NA.

I'm quite aware that you guys were not around the old good days of Lineage 2...most likely cause the core members of TWO would be worthless there (<3) BUT, in case you forgot about it: "NCwest" aka "the american servers" always had EU GMT based servers. Teon rings a bell? Luna? Or Naia? 

So once we've settled the issue with ur request of "kicking" EU players cause "tHiS Is A nA sErVeR xd", they really had to find a compromise. 

You guys complaining about times when basically it's impossible to find a suitable time for it and contents must be cross-servers. 

Orc fortress starts at 9 PM for us (current time is almost 7 AM, to give you an hint), olys were suppose to be 30 mins after fort time that but INSTEAD it's 1h and 30 mins later. Means olys starts at 11 PM. Garden raid is at 00. Which means people that has to go to work the day later and wakes up at 5/6 AM are mostly cut off those contents. And not everyone is willing to sleep 5 hours for a game. 

So yeah...it's hard for you and it's hard for us, there's no way to make those things happen at legit times for both sides. Just deal with it and move on.

Hero status is just a flashing useless light with a passive that wont be of any use later on and PG bosses are around a pretty good time for your side. 

12 minutes ago, Innis said:

Hero status is just a flashing useless light with a passive that wont be of any use later on and PG bosses are around a pretty good time for your side. 

Most of NA is still at work for Olympiad and PG bosses. This is simply not acceptable for an NA server.

If Innova/4Game EU Purple and Ruby servers didn't exist, then I could see your point. But EU players literally already have these same servers, with timezones that are catered solely to them. 

9 hours ago, Enthused said:

The 2 servers are competing against each other for a single hero slot per class, (according to what I've read of the oly info on the essence site https://dev.l2central.info/essence/articles/518.html), so you cannot have a different schedule time for either server, it has to be a compromise time between both.....

.....otherwise both sides will complain that they are not able to queue against the others at all and lost their hero slot to some guy who had his friends feed him wins while they were unable to contest the matches to disrupt his feeding.

###

Once you get over the mental hurdle of the existence of a compromise time, it gets easier  to think about what compromise time slot is fairest.

It doesn't matter. An NA player having olympiad at 2:00PM on a weekday is stupid. No NA player should have to deal with that on NA servers.

There is no compromise here as long as it's at the expense of NA. I don't care about EU. Go to Innova/4Game for that.

19 hours ago, Enthused said:

It doesn't matter. An NA player having olympiad at 2:00PM on a weekday is stupid. No NA player should have to deal with that on NA servers.

There is no compromise here as long as it's at the expense of NA. I don't care about EU. Go to Innova/4Game for that.

If you and your clan didnt kill the EU by pking everyone, maybe it would make more sense when you say that rofl

As for olympiad times, keep it as it is or move it 3 hours earlier to help muricans :)

On 9/10/2021 at 10:05 PM, Innis said:

I'm quite aware that you guys were not around the old good days of Lineage 2...most likely cause the core members of TWO would be worthless there (<3) BUT, in case you forgot about it: "NCwest" aka "the american servers" always had EU GMT based servers. Teon rings a bell? Luna? Or Naia? 

So once we've settled the issue with ur request of "kicking" EU players cause "tHiS Is A nA sErVeR xd", they really had to find a compromise. 

You guys complaining about times when basically it's impossible to find a suitable time for it and contents must be cross-servers. 

Orc fortress starts at 9 PM for us (current time is almost 7 AM, to give you an hint), olys were suppose to be 30 mins after fort time that but INSTEAD it's 1h and 30 mins later. Means olys starts at 11 PM. Garden raid is at 00. Which means people that has to go to work the day later and wakes up at 5/6 AM are mostly cut off those contents. And not everyone is willing to sleep 5 hours for a game. 

So yeah...it's hard for you and it's hard for us, there's no way to make those things happen at legit times for both sides. Just deal with it and move on.

Of course, some people were around for the “good ol’ days” of Lineage II. We remember multiple servers Bartz, Kain, Devianne, Erica, Gustin, Lionna, Sieghardt, Hindemith, Teon, Franz, and Luna. Maybe some others, but I can’t remember 2004 was forever ago. The game launched, and of course, they wanted to capitalize on all time zones; of course, they made multiple servers with different timezones. Maybe making as much money as possible to appease the stockholders and see significant bonuses for the CEO made them want to have all these servers. Does that ring a bell? Also, at the time, NC Interactive (which would later become NCSoft West “NCWest”) was the only publisher of Lineage II. *BOOM* Mind Blown. But I believe you forgot in 2008, Innova (4game) purchased the rights to publish, distribute and transmit Lineage II in Europe. And if you are wondering, this verbiage comes straight from their website “Innova Co. SARL has exclusive rights to publish, distribute and transmit Lineage® II in Europe.” Thus creating friction between the two because Innova has always catered to the EU only. So we, the people who live in North America and play on a North American server, would like NCWest to cater to NA only as Innova has, but that’s not the case.

Maybe they should flip-flop the times. This way, people in North America have a chance to wake up in the middle of the night versus being at work in the middle of the day. Or alternate weekly. 8:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. one week, then 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. another week. However, having the times at 8:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. server time or depending on where you live in NA 11:00-18:00 is much worse. Much of the world works from 08:00 to 18:00. So I am sure those in the EU are much happier with these Olympiad times than those in North America. At least if the times flipped, I would have a chance to sleep and wake up for 30 mins to play Oly. As of now, I am unable to compete because I am at work.

I gUeSs I fOrGoT tO uSe LoWeR aNd UpPeR cAsE iN mY sEnTeNcEs!

What's the point of investing on an NA server that I can't compete on because of work? I live in same exact time zone as the server so I thought I would be able to participate in things as big as Olympiad. Complete bullshit. Would rather go somewhere else.

@Jujihas there not been any word or thoughts whatsoever exchanged within the NCWest team to change or extend oly running time? Push it forward 1 hour would solve everything and still be good time for everyone.

• Thanks 1

The only timezone that kinda works currently is EST, which is at 5:00 PM for them. Most people are off work by that point and can participate. The problem begins once you start including the rest of the country, however. By the time you get to where the server is located, 4:00 PM, you are already starting to run into issues. 

As you get into mountain time, and then Pacific, it goes from bad to a complete joke. The NCSoft West HQ is located in California, which is at the 2:00 PM Olympiad time I am speaking about. 

Having to be at home in front of your PC by 2:00 PM on a Weekday, means you are ducking out of work at 1:30 PM or even earlier depending on your commute home. This is the middle of the work day.

To call this a complete joke would be an understatement. As others have mentioned, it is a "compromise" for the Brazilians, and mostly for the Europeans. But guess what? The Europeans already have these exact same servers, with all events set around their prime time gaming hours. Meanwhile, our own NA servers, NCSoft West, are totally throwing Americans under the bus for the benefit of the Europeans who already have their own Aden servers.

• Thanks 1