Forums

What is the best race for Othel

NewBasso

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

So depending on the mantra you follow, i.e. str vs dex, DE is best for str and LE is best for dex...

As for the difference, str means you hit marginally harder (stabs), and you get more skill resets, i.e. skill has a chance to instantly become available again, so you have a chance to say double stab twice in a row in quick succession.

Dex on the other hand, increases the stab land rate marginally, and also increases the chance for your skill to "crit". Without items a skill crit does 2x damage, but that can be increased via items, e.g. SAs.

The main advantage of the str mantra is you have an increased chance for a skill reset on limit break type buffs, I.e. UE, hide...etc. whereas dex is generally considered to have a more reliable increase in overall DPS, as you don't have to keep an eye on the skill resetting and also be dexterous enough to use that to your advantage instantly.

Edited by f00dmonsta

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 9:19 PM, f00dmonsta said:

So depending on the mantra you follow, i.e. str vs dex, DE is best for str and LE is best for dex...

As for the difference, str means you hit marginally harder (stabs), and you get more skill resets, i.e. skill has a chance to instantly become available again, so you have a chance to say double stab twice in a row in quick succession.

Dex on the other hand, increases the stab land rate marginally, and also increases the chance for your skill to "crit". Without items a skill crit does 2x damage, but that can be increased via items, e.g. SAs.

The main advantage of the str mantra is you have an increased chance for a skill reset on limit break type buffs, I.e. UE, hide...etc. whereas dex is generally considered to have a more reliable increase in overall DPS, as you don't have to keep an eye on the skill resetting and also be dexterous enough to use that to your advantage instantly.

all dagger stabs crit.  dex doesnt affect that.  stop spreading this false rumor.

dex will give slightly faster skill annimations. but increasing any bit of crit ability on skills isnt true.  possibly if you want to talk about p accuracy and "missing" a stab, but there is a ton fo other factors in that (lvl of both chars, gear, buffs, etc)

as long as your at 80 dex, your fine as a dagger.

to the OP: dark elf or dwarf imo, dark elf is best.

edit: dwarf bc they need more love

Edited by Hyperlite
small add
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 7:44 PM, Hyperlite said:

all dagger stabs crit.  dex doesnt affect that.  stop spreading this false rumor.

dex will give slightly faster skill annimations. but increasing any bit of crit ability on skills isnt true.  possibly if you want to talk about p accuracy and "missing" a stab, but there is a ton fo other factors in that (lvl of both chars, gear, buffs, etc)

as long as your at 80 dex, your fine as a dagger.

to the OP: dark elf or dwarf imo, dark elf is best.

edit: dwarf bc they need more love

I can confirm that you don't really need more than 80 DeX on dagger. Below 80 is bad, the half kills are significantly less. Currently I play 141 STR and 81 DEX. If I switch my bracelet I have 137 str and 85 dex and I don't see difference in killing the mobs faster.