Chronos Server Connectivity Issues 8/27! - Resolved

EMpulse

• Administrators

This issue is now resolved, and Chronos is back online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, everyone.

Please know that we are aware of the current Chronos server connectivity issue and are in the process of addressing it.  Chronos  will be taken down until at least 00:00 AM 8/28 PDT (or longer) in order to resolve the situation.

We greatly appreciate your patience until we can get everything working once again as intended.

Thanks so much,

-EMpulse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Update 7:

Hello everyone,

I know the situation is not ideal. We have our entire team working behind the scenes to get Chronos server back online as soon as possible. 

The issue is much more complex than previously thought, and a lot of work is being done in our Database to ensure the problem is resolved for good. Also, it's not only us here at NCW working to resolve the issue, but the dev team is also involved in the work needed to bring the server back online.

As I stated before, we will plan to compensate everyone once the issue is resolved, but as a direct measure, once servers are back online, the Angel Cat will be spawned.

As most of the work is related to the Database, which is immense, the process is taking longer than expected, and we will need to extend the downtime again. We expect the Chronos to become available at midnight on 8/28 PDT.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I appreciate everyone's support.

Hermes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Update 8:

Bringing Hermes' latest message here for better visibility:

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your patience. I'm happy to announce that Chronos is back online.

The Angel Cat is already in the game, and we will have further compensation distributed during the week. Once I have the details, I will share them with you all.

Thanks again for your patience.
Hermes

Edit: Chronos is back online

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, EMpulse said:

Hello, everyone.

Please know that we are aware of the current Chronos server connectivity issue and are in the process of addressing it. Both the Chronos and the  Dimensional servers will be taken down until at least 11AM PDT (perhaps longer) in order to resolve the situation.

We greatly appreciate your patience until we can get everything working once again as intended.

Thanks so much,

-EMpulse

11AM PDT what is the GMT time for this?

24 minutes ago, EMpulse said:

Hello, everyone.

Please know that we are aware of the current Chronos server connectivity issue and are in the process of addressing it. Both the Chronos and the  Dimensional servers will be taken down until at least 11AM PDT (perhaps longer) in order to resolve the situation.

Thanks so much,

-EMpulse

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/25272-chronos-down/?do=findComment&comment=174850

Server on but all npc's and services are down just like before crash

and in the meantime what do we do? we look at each other's faces among those of us at home? when the server returns to normal, will they give us the dandy ball? We are already tired of game bugs and they are caused by your fault. you are the ones who should leave the administration and be taken over by someone who really wants to move the game forward. we are already tired, always the same, on top of that the events are for the donors, I pay very little and they also exclude me. Go thinking what compensation they will give us for keeping us away from the Farm for so long.

Just now, Hermes said:

Hello everyone, 

We are extending the server downtime by one more hour. 

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Hermes

Damm hermes.. My free time when I can play while kids are not around  is *bleped*  

• Hermes changed the title to Chronos Server Connectivity Issues 8/27! - Updated
1 minute ago, Hermes said:

Herkese merhaba, 

Sunucu kapalı kalma süresini bir saat daha uzatıyoruz. 

Rahatsızlık için özür dilerim.
Hermes

You are like my boss, after you say will you work for an hour, will you stay for two more hours, the room says like you :D

7 minutes ago, Erica28 said:

Damm, you guys need a life, screaming and crying all time looking for 100% stable server and Red libra......

What a you talking? Saturday is the only day when people can play.. We have jobs ,family and little bit spare time for ourselves...

3 minutos atrás, Erica28 disse:

Damm, vocês precisam de uma vida, gritando e chorando o tempo todo procurando por um servidor 100% estável e Libra Vermelha......

Sem vida, provavelmente, eu não estaria jogando o servidor ou postando aqui no FÓRUM.

Você deveria estar vivendo a sua, mas esta fazendo post em FÓRUM de L2.

piada pronta!

5 minutes ago, Erica28 said:

Agree but kicking and screaming on this site and trowing gestures for them to hurry up is cringe.

As far as I know Forum is for communication? We use global chat in Game , we can talk to each other on forum while its down? 

Don't get me wrong but I'm bored like others, as we all have limited time to play , so there is some action at least in forum ^^

• Administrators

Hello everyone,

Another update: We will need to extend the Chronos server downtime by one additional hour. However, we are bringing the Dimensional server online in a few minutes. 

Regarding compensation, we will be discussing it once the problem is resolved. However, once the server is back online and stable, we will spawn the Angel Cat as an immediate action, and additional compensation will follow during the week. 

I will keep updating this thread with the latest information.

Regards,
Hermes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Hermes changed the title to Chronos Server Connectivity Issues 8/27! - Update 2
5 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Hello everyone,

Another update: We will need to extend the Chronos server downtime by one additional hour. However, we are bringing the Dimensional server online in a few minutes. 

Regarding compensation, we will be discussing it once the problem is resolved. However, once the server is back online and stable, we will spawn the Angel Cat as an immediate action, and additional compensation will follow during the week. 

I will keep updating this thread with the latest information.

Regards,
Hermes

There is no reason for dimensional server as we cant login to connect to enter dimensional server?