Forums Transition To Discord Announcement

• Administrators

Greetings Lineage II Players,  

For years, our Forums have acted as a fantastic hub for our players to communicate and talk about our games. However, as technology pushes forward and new ways to communicate and interact become available, we must also keep our players' needs in mind. On March 12, 2024, we will sunset all our games’ Forums and fully transition to more effective ways of communicating and updating our players via Discord.  

Our Forums will be turned into read-only mode for archival purposes. You can still access the years of community history and helpful information, and we will be opening a new Resources tab on Discord that links to the archive. 

To our dedicated Forum community – we thank you for your years of sincere discussion and debate. We hope to hear from you all directly on how to make our Discord community a home for everyone. 

Discord has allowed us to use a suite of new features to push information quicker and more conveniently to our players, allowing them to customize notifications via Desktop and Mobile apps, and interact in completely new ways that are not possible in the Forums: via chat, voice, and video. We also realize that not all players enjoy rapid-fire messages, and we have forum-style channels available on Discord for those who prefer more curated discussion. 

New to our Discord? Check it out to see things like: 

• Weekly maintenance updates and notifications (including Server Up and Down messages)  
  • Community Manager engagement 
  • Game news, events, and promotions 
  • Discord exclusive giveaways 

Our Discord channels are always growing, and in the future, we’ll be working towards features like:  

• Community partnerships and news 
  • Player Bug reports 
  • Expanding upon voice and video channels 
  • Creator partnerships 
  • Additional moderation and staff involvement 

Our goal is that this change will help us continue to give players clearer, more streamlined communication. We are excited to grow closer with all of you by continuing to build fun and active game communities. 

Come join us and take part in developing the future of our community!  

Lineage II Discord: https://discord.com/invite/cGnUdjmYjT 

Thank you, 
The NCA Community and Communication Team 

no thanks, tried and didn't like it so left. won't return

sign on the walls my man, end of an era seeing how many official forums L2 has had since the days of closed beta, hint it's more then 3

total post count was over 10k but nobody cares, only shows how much i used to care about this game 

https://tenor.com/view/nostalgia-nostalgic-memories-mad-men-jon-hamm-gif-11031792

@Rownen  I do NOT use lineage 2 discord.  Not sure what this will mean for me as last I checked discord is not mandatory for playing this game.  How will I receive downtime information and or ask questions?  If this discord product you guys were pushing were an in-game feature I would have no choice but to at least have it.  As it sits, this an outside server not part of your game.  Dunno maybe I'm over thinking this.

you guys not communicate in discord as well, but ok, do what you want.
Its not matter at all. even if you guys delete this forum, you guys have to keep the logging, that why you not remove forum.

so... some1 decided to move all communications with CUSTOMERS to a 3rd party program, where you ppl have 0 control if something fails, if discord gets sold, closes, servers malfunction as it has happened multiple times in the past... pure genius. 

in order for us to be here we have to have a game account. in oder for ppl to be on discord you have to register your private info to god knows who. Day by day you resemble illegal servers.... Is there any proffesional left in there who thinks straight?...

on 2nd thought why are we even writing here as you clearly do not read forums, or why are we debating as you clearly disregard player feedback...

On 3/3/2024 at 8:14 PM, Pyrogen said:

@Rownen  I do NOT use lineage 2 discord.  Not sure what this will mean for me as last I checked discord is not mandatory for playing this game.  How will I receive downtime information and or ask questions?  If this discord product you guys were pushing were an in-game feature I would have no choice but to at least have it.  As it sits, this an outside server not part of your game.  Dunno maybe I'm over thinking this.

Does the new Purple Launcher feature Discord in some way... some mention of a Lobby, IDK. If this Launcher/Account migration somehow tries and force me to join Discord,  I will blow up all my gear... before deleting all my characters.

Sad news.

Forums used to bring a lot of value (before you killed it by banning tons of players). There were many organized discussions from which I could learn a lot about the game, its mechanics, tips and tricks, it was easy to follow posts from NC, one could share their thoughts in longer posts.

Discord looks like how I would imagine a brain of a troubled person.... everything's scattered,  the colors hurt my eyes, people keep spamming nonsense, I can't find anything there.

OK so Naia has been down for quite a while, where on discord I can find out if NC are aware, what is the current status, what is the estimated time of bringing it back online? Apart from spam and nonsense in the #live-chat section I don't see anything on this topic.