logging into ncsoft website error on ncsoft side - Work around found

Stormie

So im trying to log into the ncsoft website on my main computer at home every account i try and log into it with i get the same error message...

"Something went wrong on our end... please wait a few minutes and try again."

What i have done....

-Cleared cache

-Restarted Computer
-used multiple browsers chrome, Edge, firefox
-tried using incognito mode

What makes this issue even stranger I am not having any issues with my phone, or my laptop loggin in with the same accounts.

Anyone else having this issue and know of anything useful to try?

36 minutes ago, P1mpJuice said:

ur banned

except im not because i can log into the game and into my account on another computer... nice try though. 

so talking with people in discord someone is telling me that my main computer was blocked from loggin in because i logged into more than 3 distinct account. 

which i am kind of inclined to believe because i started having the issues right after i logged into my 4th account.

I have submitted a support ticket in the mean time... but is this actually a thing @Juji can you confirm this is an actual thing?

is the same thing going to happen to me when i log into the game on my 4 accounts too lol its kind of a joke...

Someone has shared a work around with me that worked when i tested it this morning and it works.

Step 1 - Clear your cache on your browser

step 2 - close your browser

step 3 - open adjust time settings for your computer

step 4 - change your time zone to something else with a different GMT than you are in currently

step 5 - make sure that set time automatically is checked, toggle it even but needs to end up on.

Then then try and log into your ncsoft account.

Edit: after i logged into 2 accounts in a random new time zone i switched my time zone back to my own and i was able to login an account..

@Juji please get your website coders on this issue, its pretty garbage coding.

9 minutes ago, Stormie said:

Someone has shared a work around with me that worked when i tested it this morning and it works.

Step 1 - Clear your cache on your browser

step 2 - close your browser

step 3 - open adjust time settings for your computer 

step 4 - change your time zone to something else (anything it doesnt matter)

step 5 - make sure that set tijme automatically is checked

Then then try and log into your ncsoft account.

Edit: after i logged into 2 accounts in a random new time zone i switched my time zone back to my own and i was able to login an account..

@Juji please get your website coders on this issue, its pretty garbage coding.

Did you used to play spellhowler on Bartz with your Dad? 

Hey Stormie/Dweller,

I had this same issues last Friday and submitted a ticket. They responded by asking why i was logging in to so many accounts in a small amount of time.

That said, it appears they've unblocked me (as now I can log in to respond). I have yet to get a response for the questions I've asked but the fact is when you log into x amount of accounts within x amount of time, it flags your IP as having malicious activity (The x's are the questions I asked and they did not respond to yet. Hopefully they tell me so I don't block myself again). So the only way to fix is to submit a ticket to support and explain why you were logging in to many accounts in a short time frame, then they'll unblock your IP.

Hope this helps!

54 minutes ago, Lumo said:

Did you used to play spellhowler on Bartz with your Dad? 

No.

38 minutes ago, Dweller said:

Is this a joke? People complaining about macro, autopickup, while we have this great feature o.O

Ps. Lf help to fix this sh#t, changing timezone did not help

Did you make sure to clear cache on browser, close it then change time zone to something else in clock and toggle auto select time zone on and off? have to do it in that order it seems.

11 minutes ago, Dorren said:

Hey Stormie/Dweller,

I had this same issues last Friday and submitted a ticket. They responded by asking why i was logging in to so many accounts in a small amount of time.

That said, it appears they've unblocked me (as now I can log in to respond). I have yet to get a response for the questions I've asked but the fact is when you log into x amount of accounts within x amount of time, it flags your IP as having malicious activity (The x's are the questions I asked and they did not respond to yet. Hopefully they tell me so I don't block myself again). So the only way to fix is to submit a ticket to support and explain why you were logging in to many accounts in a short time frame, then they'll unblock your IP.

Hope this helps!

I submitted a ticket last night as well no response yet, but this "BUG" is was only blocking one of my computers from my house so i dont see it being an entire ip block.

But like i mentioned this work around worked for me, that also being said was I ever really blocked or is their website coded very poorly.

I am not sure how we are expected to manage our accounts if we are being "Blocked".... I mean on skelth (pay to play) i had 10 accounts just myself no issues logging into all my accounts from the website ever... this is kind of stupid.

Not sure. I was blocked desktop but able to use laptop and phone at home. Then laptop got blocked, then phone last. Think different IP on each device as I had to IP verify each device before I could use them. Even though all on same network.

• L2 Team
15 minutes ago, NotStormie said:

btw work around stopped working around clearly cant login again....

up Still cant log into any account, cmon ncsoft at least at this to your list of known issues please.

Still working on this, Stormie.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:59 PM, Hime said:

so any update on this, been 48 hours ago still no response and still locked out of all my accounts on the website.... my friend as submit ticket about not being able to log into website that is getting "something went wrong on our end, please try again later." and support replied "I am sorry, but we will not be able to assist you with accessing an account at this time." basically saying no time to help him. That is not an acceptable response to someone trying to give your company money via ncoins.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:59 PM, Hime said:

finally revieced a response to my ticket....  "I am sorry, but we will not be able to assist you with accessing an account at this time." the best part about this is my friends ticket for

same issue support team fixed it on their end for him. BUt me and 1 more friend told by copy paste ninja support team member Czian that we dont have time for your issue....

i submitted a new ticket maybe this time i will get someone from support who actually wants to do their job.... not holding my breathe.

Stormie, this is what was replied to my ticket of unable to log into website.

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into your issue.

Reviewing your login attempt, it appears that it was flagged for security reasons that prevented you from logging in. This could have been a result of high risk characteristics of your attempt or due to past associations with compromised accounts or devices.

Please understand that it is a violation of the User Agreement to transfer or share game accounts (except for a legal guardian allowing their minor child to play). The fact is that there are several reasons why account sharing is a bad idea. Any account in which a password is shared is an account in jeopardy of account security breaches.

Naturally, if someone using a shared account loses, mistakenly trades, or sells an item belonging to another player on the account, we cannot become involved. If someone using a shared account resets the password to disallow access by others sharing the account, we are not able to step in to solve the problem until we can verify the original account holder. And if someone allows a non-family member to also access the account, we cannot intervene. It is for reasons like this that account sharing is considered a violation and can result in the temporary suspension or even permanent closure of the account.

At this time, we’ve taken steps that should allow you to log in.

Please let us know if you are still having difficulties logging in.

On 2018-10-01 at 12:17 AM, Stormie said:

except im not because i can log into the game and into my account on another computer... nice try though. 

so talking with people in discord someone is telling me that my main computer was blocked from loggin in because i logged into more than 3 distinct account. 

which i am kind of inclined to believe because i started having the issues right after i logged into my 4th account.

I have submitted a support ticket in the mean time... but is this actually a thing @Juji can you confirm this is an actual thing?

is the same thing going to happen to me when i log into the game on my 4 accounts too lol its kind of a joke...

I’ve logged into a total of 5 accounts on same pc, only 3 at the same time but I can still log in. There’s no way they’ll ip ban you for logging into 4 accounts that’s rediculous lol

reason for 5 acts. 2 main, two wrongfully banned, a dwarf 

4 hours ago, Sailence1 said:

Stormie, this is what was replied to my ticket of unable to log into website.

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into your issue.

Reviewing your login attempt, it appears that it was flagged for security reasons that prevented you from logging in. This could have been a result of high risk characteristics of your attempt or due to past associations with compromised accounts or devices.

Please understand that it is a violation of the User Agreement to transfer or share game accounts (except for a legal guardian allowing their minor child to play). The fact is that there are several reasons why account sharing is a bad idea. Any account in which a password is shared is an account in jeopardy of account security breaches.

Naturally, if someone using a shared account loses, mistakenly trades, or sells an item belonging to another player on the account, we cannot become involved. If someone using a shared account resets the password to disallow access by others sharing the account, we are not able to step in to solve the problem until we can verify the original account holder. And if someone allows a non-family member to also access the account, we cannot intervene. It is for reasons like this that account sharing is considered a violation and can result in the temporary suspension or even permanent closure of the account.

At this time, we’ve taken steps that should allow you to log in.

Please let us know if you are still having difficulties logging in.

Thank you for your patience.

You could be receiving the message you are describing as the result of one of the following reasons:

• The result of security measures in place for the protection of our games, our players and their information and accounts. This means that your attempts to access an account closely mirror that of individuals who intentionally attack the services we provide with malicious intent. As such, we cannot allow accounts to be accessed under those circumstances.

• That your system is blocking security features of our website. Please make sure that your system is not blocking any features of our website and that your Java plugin is enabled and up-to-date.

• That the account you're attempting to log into, or the device your attempting to log in from is associated with another account found to be in violation of our Terms of Use or User Agreements or guilty of payment violations such as fraud or charge backs.

• Alternately, this message could mean that you are attempting to access our services from a region where the service is not available. If that is the case, you will not be able to create or access an account.

I am sorry, but we will not be able to assist you with accessing an account at this time.

RIP this is the response i receieved and a friend of mine. then my other friend got a message like you and they fixed his account.

@Hime is this real life? 

Hello,

After researching the provided information, we will not be able to assist you with accessing this account. Any further replies or messages in regards to this account may be closed without a response.

Regards,

Czian
NCSOFT Support Team

I cant log into your website because i get "something went wrong on our end" error message....this account has legitimate purchases on it you have taken my money... i dont even know what to do anymore.

I can play the game just fine on my accounts but cant log into a single one of them on the website. And then support tells me to bleep off. anyone have an idea because i have got nothing.

• 2 months later...

This has been a problem with the website for years now. Everytime I logged in to buy NCcoins for my accounts I would get that error after the fourth one. In the past I would get around it by using a different browser or even machine to do another four and then switch again for the last one. I haven't bumped into the issue in several months as  i switched to buying nc coin from amazon because I got tired of the 24 hour or so waiting period between purchasing the coins from Ncwest and when those coins would be delivered. If you buy a nccoin code from Amazon the coins are applied very shortly after you enter the code on the Ncwest web site.

Archived