Drop Rates

RustyOldTank

Arithmetically speaking, spoil rates are roughly 25% of what is posted on L2wiki, I did some limited testing last night.

the golems at spider nest spoil iron ore at a ~40% rate, after 400 mobs, i had 39 iron ore, and I did not count mobs that failed to spoil.  The mobs were green and the spoil was level 2 (level 20 dwarf).

So, if I had to guess, we are looking at a roughly 25% spoil/drop rate, that feels bad.  This was with VIP4.  Though, I don't think VIP affects spoil rate, honestly.  So that's probably the default server rate, and drops are .25*1.5 = .33 or so, which is consistent with what other people have been reporting (33-50% for adena drop).  @Juji any information here?  If this stays this way, I don't think having a spoiler is worth the effort honestly, unless you're a bot.

personally I have no problem with the exp rates or the increased table, that's good!

but we have level 30+ people (With 50% drop runes) who have no hope at ever even hitting a D grade item unless they win the lotto.

The server has the GOD rates of noob mobs, which was implemented to control adena farming by f2p bots, that's gotta go.   This is not a classic drop rate. 

People will quit in droves.

12 minutes ago, FatHips said:

personally I have no problem with the exp rates or the increased table, that's good!

but we have level 30+ people (With 50% drop runes) who have no hope at ever even hitting a D grade item unless they win the lotto.

The server has the GOD rates of noob mobs, which was implemented to control adena farming by f2p bots, that's gotta go.   This is not a classic drop rate. 

People will quit in droves.

Agree :-)

One more thing to consider is the drop rate of spell books, imagine that they follow the same trend. For example, I remember farming same mobs for three days straight on Skelth and felt lucky when I got death whisper SB drop - which is 0.05% on regular classic. On this Frankenstein's reanimation of "classic" that will be 0.0125% 

3 hours ago, FatHips said:

this game is going to die

That is for sure. 

farmed for a while, got lvl 15, guess what? with 1k free soulshots and free wooden set, by lvl 15 - i have enough money to buy 256 soulshots(so happy taht tp is free). AMAZING drop rates. I remember playing like 15 years ago - by lvl 18-20 I was able to afford a mid No grade weapon (the one that cost 120k, back then, there was no free stuff like we have here, was buying everything) Over here - I cant afford soulshots. Well, I'm done over here, with this "free to play" (when it takes 7-10 hits to kill a monster: 7*8 = 56gold needed, and you drop 0-30, you just cant survive without $100500 purchase). Hope they will understand after they will check how many people are still here few days later

2 hours ago, Sithyn said:

They Should Be FIX This Snits soon !! i got nothing by killing monster they said classic O.o

if i remembers drop are a huge parts of classic !!

Now i feel like i was playing salvation but hardcore asf xD-_-

We dont have any info abouf fixing it, yet.  :-/   SADLY company that develop this game cant FIX this ASAP ...

@Juji

@Hime

This is something that has a lot of people bothered, myself included. I did a test yesterday, spending $25 to get to VIP 3 for increased drop rate for a new character. Got to level 19 (thanks to exp buffs and buff scrolls) in a few hours. Not a single item drop. Not sure if it's just the RNG gods upset with me, would not be surprised l, but for the love of classic, it is far worse then what we see in LIVE at the moment. Mind you, I have been playing L2 since 04, back when the grind was real and the best experience of an MMO in my experience to date. Back then playing as a dwarf, I was able to sell the antidotes and bandages to the NPC's and mat spoils to players and have half my low D grade armor by level 20. When my old clan would go out and grind in a full part, we would get a number of item drops in just a few hours. Not seeing that happen any time soon.

Its seriously unfortunate - everyone here genuinely wanted ncsoft to do something good here and bring us a decent classic server, instead they seemed to have given us something that we need to buy nccoin with. It’s even more fishy that they aren’t saying anything.

people HAVE quit, and more will quit unless addressed.

in the old days of lineage2...2004 or so... you had to lvl without SS....so...if you dont like it  you just can  go to play  private server x50

but  classic= hustle till lvl 60 ,  walk instead tp, lvl slow, save ss for pvp or rb

Archived