Relax and Play ; Don't Threaten

Stett

Please stop threatening about the future of this product because you don't get what you want. They will listen and deliberate if you come with a logical argument. Not just "baby rage". No one can predict the future of this release. I hope it does well. Enjoy the free game. It may take a while to get started. They said progression was hard core for a reason. In the end, I personally believe this is the best strategy for longevity of the launch itself. Their target market is clear. I don't think anyone who hasn't invested any money to support this release should deliberate. If you like the content, you support it. It is simple as that. None of the L2 store items are trade-able. No one is forcing you to spend money. Let others enjoy the game as intended. I come to this game to relax and enjoy some killing of monsters. I hate to see world chat full of people dissatisfied and then complaining. It's okay to have an opinion on a matter. It is another to say "the server is going to die in one month" as a threat. Honestly, I will be grind this out on my free time while drinking a cold beer. No stress. All the time in the world.

ofc we can predict the future of the servers

spoils are practicly dead aka no spoilers and therefore no crafters and that means inflated economy that cannot be sustained

which will lead the entire playerbase into leaving the server and those that will remain are the big whalers which they arent capable to spend so much money on the server because there wont be an economy to spend it...

8 minutes ago, Stett said:

Please stop threatening about the future of this product because you don't get what you want. They will listen and deliberate if you come with a logical argument. Not just "baby rage". No one can predict the future of this release. I hope it does well. Enjoy the free game. It may take a while to get started. They said progression was hard core for a reason. In the end, I personally believe this is the best strategy for longevity of the launch itself. Their target market is clear. I don't think anyone who hasn't invested any money to support this release should deliberate. If you like the content, you support it. It is simple as that. None of the L2 store items are trade-able. No one is forcing you to spend money. Let others enjoy the game as intended. I come to this game to relax and enjoy some killing of monsters. I hate to see world chat full of people dissatisfied and then complaining. It's okay to have an opinion on a matter. It is another to say "the server is going to die in one month" as a threat. Honestly, I will be grind this out on my free time while drinking a cold beer. No stress. All the time in the world.

And you my friend should understand that it truly damages the future of the server no to a point to KILL the server in a month but a certain death in a near future, with the way the broken rates are at moment it is slowly crippling the server you liking it or not, if it was a strategy w/e the results are the same and if so it was a shady strategy that wasn't transparent for the players, no one is stopping other ppl to enjoy the game for them maybe ignorance is a bliss, we are trying to enjoy it ourselves by demanding correct 1x rates.

You can't straw man your way out of every argument. It's only as broken as you see it. All that does is increase player progression %. As previously stated, you are rewarded for the time you invest into this game. Your claims are unsubstantiated as to the crippling effect. The problem is how you view the issue. "Shady". The only way to protest the rates itself is to just quit the game. If that's how much you disagree, you should exercise your right. I have done so with any game I have played. I don't pretend to know what is best for a server. They will play things by ear, if anything. They said the experience would be Hardcore. I guess they weren't exaggerating. :P

3 minutes ago, Stett said:

You can't straw man your way out of every argument. It's only as broken as you see it. All that does is increase player progression %. As previously stated, you are rewarded for the time you invest into this game. Your claims are unsubstantiated as to the crippling effect. The problem is how you view the issue. "Shady". The only way to protest the rates itself is to just quit the game. If that's how much you disagree, you should exercise your right. I have done so with any game I have played. I don't pretend to know what is best for a server. They will play things by ear, if anything. They said the experience would be Hardcore. I guess they weren't exaggerating. :P

yes please explain to us noobs how the literal minority probably no more than 5% donators will be able to sustain the server economy? gonna throw ncoins on the ground ? gonna buy stuff you cant buy on store? gonna try and craft stuff that you cant spoil mats for it?

please explain to us how the economy will survive without the majority of free to play players feeding adena/materials/parts for weapons/armors into the economy? or you think donators wont leave when they see that shit is hitting the floor ?

Not threatening people really want to play this game and make it long term. You are delusional if you can’t see the writing on the wall. You will not progress ever unless you pay $ for soulshots every time you need them, and even still you will not be able to afford anything decent.

if they want rates this low why are d grade weapS still the exact same prices, that’s not how economics work.

id rather play on skelth with less people than a server I need to pay $ for to buy soulshots.

innova would be smart to open a new server.

most of all I do want this to succeed but with ncsoft track record and their silence I am not certain it will, sadly

Most of the CPs and solo players are waiting for the next maintenance with a hope for resolution. You will see how fast it dies if nothing is resolved by the next maintenance and the maintenances after that. Its literally unplayable after 40 level since you wont have items to progress and just "MAYBE" enough adena for just teleportations. 

9 minutes ago, Stett said:

Just my 2 cents but I guess "Hardcore" still implies some level of satisfaction/gratification/reward after you grind enough and achieve something. And actual classic servers were built that way. In this particular case, there is no point in grinding in the first place (drop rates were proven to be significantly lower, etc), therefore, there is no satisfaction even when you grind all day long. 
This might sound funny, but, personally, I think that this is not even a game at this point. Games are supposed to be fun. This is not fun at all

I'm not using strawmans here mate, ogre guy was, if you aren't aware of the issue you should study it a bit,

exp/sp ~0,75x adena ~0,25-0,33x Drop ~0,5x and spoil around ~0,25x to 0,33x

The crippling is real alot of players are refusing to play until it is fixed and simple fishing, quit the game instead of demanding the NCwest Transparity and Correct Rates is simple illogical and unreasonable, especially for ppl that already invested money in the game.

disconnect the afk and secondary accounts of the game
many people can not play
everybody has that problem for so many secondary accounts
I saw up to 4 accounts that a person used
6000 online accounts divided by 4(1 player,4 acc)
the result all the people who can not enter

4 minutes ago, JamesSunderland said:

I'm not using strawmans here mate, ogre guy was, if you aren't aware of the issue you should study it a bit,

exp/sp ~0,75x adena ~0,25-0,33x Drop ~0,5x and spoil around ~0,25x to 0,33x

The crippling is real alot of players are refusing to play until it is fixed and simple fishing, quit the game instead of demanding the NCwest Transparity and Correct Rates is simple illogical and unreasonable, especially for ppl that already invested money in the game.

quitting wont make the cut..they should demand a refund and if ncsoft dont comply ask your bank 

then you will see how  its going to hit the news and the bad pr will flow right on their faces

@op 

you do realize that most of the people complaining are only doing it for the sake of complaining, because what brilliant person would spam the forums about doom and gloom of the server if NCSOFT doesn’t do what they want? 

Thats like going to a pizza store, looking at the menu, ordering them to prepare Chinese food and preaching doomsday when they don’t get their way. 

Most of the regular individuals will just find something else to play as opposed to pretending to know  the server’s future. 

Invested money huh? 30$ That's almost nothing. People who use multiple boxes are fine with me. Those are just people trying to get an advantage as anyone would. Trying to exploit the system. The key issue is player progression. You feel that it is burdensome or that you are handicapped. I think they made it clear in the pre-release live stream. They would address issues as they come along. They will look at the pool of player base and player progression to determine the next step. I understand it may not be that playable at higher levels but most of the server is not at that level yet... There is always room for change in the future. They are not hard stuck but, the server has barely been open for a week. Let's give it some time and put some trust into the developers. It is fine to voice our opinions but, they can only measure what they see. Right now, the player base has grown over the first week so much that they had to provide an additional server. Only time will tell if they need to remedy the issue. At this point in time, it's unnecessary because they barely got started. Maybe the way I view things are wrong. I try to be objective as possible. These I believe are the key things they are looking at in determining whats best for their player base. They possess the raw data and we do not. They cannot reply on a hypothesis of the future. They can only rely on factual data from their servers. Every day has enough problems on its own to focus on, so we should deal with it on a day by day basis. At least, this is the most practical approach as far as I can tell. I respect everyone on this matter though and am glad I was able to discuss this.

I will just say that when GOD come out with the free to play model there where several servers all with healthy population, normal adena drops and spoils. Then jewels kick in starting the p2w madness and all drops got nerfed hardcore. All at that time said this is the beginning of the end. Now there are 2 servers with decreasing player base....

Don't deny what allready haf happened before. This ships starts with a sunking hole....

23 minutes ago, Stett said:

Invested money huh? 30$ That's almost nothing. People who use multiple boxes are fine with me. Those are just people trying to get an advantage as anyone would. Trying to exploit the system. The key issue is player progression. You feel that it is burdensome or that you are handicapped. I think they made it clear in the pre-release live stream. They would address issues as they come along. They will look at the pool of player base and player progression to determine the next step. I understand it may not be that playable at higher levels but most of the server is not at that level yet... There is always room for change in the future. They are not hard stuck but, the server has barely been open for a week. Let's give it some time and put some trust into the developers. It is fine to voice our opinions but, they can only measure what they see. Right now, the player base has grown over the first week so much that they had to provide an additional server. Only time will tell if they need to remedy the issue. At this point in time, it's unnecessary because they barely got started. Maybe the way I view things are wrong. I try to be objective as possible. These I believe are the key things they are looking at in determining whats best for their player base. They possess the raw data and we do not. They cannot reply on a hypothesis of the future. They can only rely on factual data from their servers. Every day has enough problems on its own to focus on, so we should deal with it on a day by day basis. At least, this is the most practical approach as far as I can tell. I respect everyone on this matter though and am glad I was able to discuss this.

What data do you think they are looking at? Appropriate "Player progression" is highly subjective and should be discussed (e.g on this forum). Forum feedback is no less informative than this "factual server data" you are referring to. We are not talking about hypothetical issues of tomorrow. There are clear issues right now. Most people cant login because the server queue is crazy. Honestly this is a good problem to have but obviously needs to be addressed or it will have an immediate impact on the server population. The hype surrounding this server will never be greater than it is right now so right now is the time to get it right. The xp curve and adena/spoil rate is absurd... plain and simple. It's not just absurd at 70 it's absurd right now. And while this may have been VAGUELY implied before release I also VAGUELY knew my girlfriend had issues when I met her but she was hot so I got involved anyway betting on the off chance she wasn't out of her bleep mind. This is how most humans think regardless of how silly it sounds in retrospect. We are all here betting on the off chance that this "Classic" server can provide some fraction of the joy Lineage provided before it went to shit. We are here because the game was just better prior to Chaotic throne and the game developers know that now because their "Server data" showed them a regularly declining game population. For them to allude to the fact that this server would have a classic feel only to release this custom hybrid with harshly reduced rates is simply misleading and unfair to us. If you choose to buy in that's your decision but the rest of us have legitimate cause.   

1 hour ago, ogre said:

true. also notice that there is about 13000 or so players and about 25 complainers so...I'll personally give it some time.

I give it a few days to a week when everybody's Wood and Dev set goes *poof*...

Most people that haven't made it through the Moonknight quest aren't going to be to happy about having to drop 19k adena on a shop bought set.

I would also venture to say if soulshots were removed from the L2store today, this game would come to a grinding halt tomorrow...

7 minutes ago, Karnz said:

I give it a few days to a week when everybody's Wood and Dev set goes *poof*...

Most people that haven't made it through the Moonknight quest aren't going to be to happy about having to drop 19k adena on a shop bought set.

I would also venture to say if soulshots were removed from the L2store today, this game would come to a grinding halt tomorrow...

good points, how ever you also get permanent 2 piece sets... not as good but still... sorry if this is a strawman whatever.

Archived