Shield Wave Bug in Olympiad

L2Junkie

surprised no one has post about this bug yet, it looks like it is super annoying. I have not had the misfortune of having it happen to me yet.

here is what happens- best i can tell it only happens in Olympiad (someone correct me if i am wrong), and during Tank Vs. Tank fights, if one tank uses shield wave, and then the other tank also uses shield wave, both tanks lag out, and one of them randomly disconnects, it is totally random it doesn't matter who casted first or last, or who was winning or losing... i have seen it happen to both the first caster and second caster, so its not like you can really exploit it, unless you like a 50% statistic. me and a couple other tanks who have seen this and experienced this bug have petitioned, but the GM's who respond give a way off topic response to this problem... i often wonder if they can read and understand the game terms and questions, my guess is no. so i am posting here in hopes someone with some pull can get a fix for this in the works.

Thanks for the time.

best is the fraps this issue and post the link here and then point it to Neutron's attention as support doesn't really deal very well with actual bugs unless it's game breaking or impacting their l2store sales - anyways you need to find someone who actually talks with the Korean Dev team to pass your findings on and zendesk ain't that.

I've also seen a bug, again tank vs tank... where it appears like some poison/bleed hits both tanks at same time, and their life literally just melts off. Only seen it twice watching Olympiad and not sure which tank was winning when the "damage" started.

These are big issues as Tanks matches and their Tank VS Tank battles are an important part of clans Olympiad participation/farming.

The way L2Junkie describes it, what is a negative feedback in a Tank vs. Buffer scenario could become a positive feedback when two Tanks use Shield Wave at the same time, like when you hold a microphone in front of a loudspeaker or when a platoon of soldiers marches in step over a bridge and sets it oscillating catastrophically.

A developer should definitely look into this. The skill could well be working as intended, but the intention is misguided, i.e. there is a fundamental design flaw with a skill that sets off an automatic, self-reinforcing rapid-fire attack.

7 hours ago, iVSOP said:

like this? I used to have tankvstank in Olym this weekend, I just have movement delay when Grand wave barrier on, I'm not sure my enemy tank use shield wave same time with me or not but none d/c.

and check this : http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1975&start=300

Yes it looks like you replicated the affect. Now if its tank vs tank with full gear.... Imagine the life "melting" even faster than just happened with your boxes. Its like the feed off each other to make it lethal sometimes.

Seems to me that is not a bug, the barrier behalf that way against reflected damage. If target has reflect damage he will recive the barrier damage, because reflect hit the barrier, the barrier hit char, char reflect that damage again, and so on xD

Test yourself, buff a char with daring sonata, cast shield wave and attack,as soon as tank recive the reflected damage barrier do damage. Do the same without daring and nothing will happen.  That means tank  have some damage on open pvp now =O ? XD. 

19 hours ago, Yidao said:

The way L2Junkie describes it, what is a negative feedback in a Tank vs. Buffer scenario could become a positive feedback when two Tanks use Shield Wave at the same time, like when you hold a microphone in front of a loudspeaker or when a platoon of soldiers marches in step over a bridge and sets it oscillating catastrophically.

A developer should definitely look into this. The skill could well be working as intended, but the intention is misguided, i.e. there is a fundamental design flaw with a skill that sets off an automatic, self-reinforcing rapid-fire attack.

Why? is not so much damage anyway. Works only against reflected damage. Well it is a bit owning and creates lag on the person that recive the damage so xD maybe is a little bugged jajaja

3 hours ago, Irlumir said:

Seems to me that is not a bug, the barrier behalf that way against reflected damage. If target has reflect damage he will recive the barrier damage, because reflect hit the barrier, the barrier hit char, char reflect that damage again, and so on xD

Test yourself, buff a char with daring sonata, cast shield wave and attack,as soon as tank recive the reflected damage barrier do damage. Do the same without daring and nothing will happen.  That means tank  have some damage on open pvp now =O ? XD. 

Dont expect much. I do tested with yul and feoh top geared, the amount reflect they got seem nothing.

4 hours ago, Irlumir said:

Why? is not so much damage anyway. Works only against reflected damage. Well it is a bit owning and creates lag on the person that recive the damage so xD maybe is a little bugged jajaja

It depends on what you define as "a little bugged". When people get disconnected I personally would call this a major bug. Being able to use a skill only if you like a 50% statistic ...

I am not an engineer but maybe it would prevent the fatal feedback if the developers put the skill effects from Tank 1 and Tank 2 out of synch by adding a random delay between the reflected damage hitting the barrier and the barrier striking out at the victim?

The bug is not the effect, the bug comes into play when both tanks and anyone watching lag out.  Most times, one or the other and sometimes people watching, disconnect.  I finally got a response from GM's regarding the issue.

GM Wraith (Lineage 2)

Jan 9, 12:55 PST

Hi there,

Our QA has verified this bug. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This will be fixed in a future patch so please stay tuned for updates on our website and forums.

If there's anything else that we can help you with, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Wraith
NCSOFT Support Team

On 08/01/2018 at 4:02 AM, iVSOP said:

like this? I used to have tankvstank in Olym this weekend, I just have movement delay when Grand wave barrier on, I'm not sure my enemy tank use shield wave same time with me or not but none d/c.

and check this : http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1975&start=300

Good morning (Using Google Translate)

That's right, but there is a Bug in this skill. Just as there is inconsistency in other skills, example is Final Ultimate Defense, which says that I will take a maximum of 600 damage, but I use and I take 1,200, 2,000 damage, of course, maybe what is missing is NCsoft know how to explain the operation right of Skill.

Returning to the Shield Wave, just this, you see, clearly that you have a leg there, but depending on who you fight, there is locking. It has happened to me in the Olympics, to use this skill and the HP drained being mine, and it looks like it was not with another Tank, but with a class that neither reflects nor has. The worst case was when I dueled Parmassus against another Tank, and the two fought, the two of them used this skill together, and we fought, and the two were disconnected because of that, when we came back, he was PK and I was dead. Both me and him we did not understand, because it was a duel, neither I nor he used CTRL, but this really happened. So today, when I'm going to do a duel, I do not even use Shield Wave, and it looks like it would help me a lot, because I found the skill concept interesting, I use a lot of quest stuff with several mobs, and the interesting thing about the various mobs around me and when I use it, I do not suffer any lag, nothing, the char responds with mastery.

But, I believe, since they are new skills, it's all recent, NCsoft itself will fix that over time, and improve the tank's new skills over time. Because some need to be revised, Shield Wave needs to be revised over cause lag or locking, this depends on the location as well. For at the Colisseum I fought there, I used had a little lag, but nothing much, in Parmassus caught, depending on the arena, latch or the small lag. And I wanted her to modify Final Ultimate Defense, because if there says that the maximum damage received is 600, I do not understand how I take 1,200, .2,000 damage, and more, with the activated skill, so I lost all functionality and the name does not match the function, be the last defense. And worse, it prevents us from using other skills.

On 09/01/2018 at 8:25 AM, Yidao said:

It depends on what you define as "a little bugged". When people get disconnected I personally would call this a major bug. Being able to use a skill only if you like a 50% statistic ...

I am not an engineer but maybe it would prevent the fatal feedback if the developers put the skill effects from Tank 1 and Tank 2 out of synch by adding a random delay between the reflected damage hitting the barrier and the barrier striking out at the victim?

Well, this little detail, or bug, causes me fear of giving pk, in a duel, in a pvp does not have as same. But this also disrupts the tank to fight seriously in the Olympics, because we do not know if we will be caught or with a small lag, see that the video is of a face of the Max, who usually have powerful machines, see that he tested with stopped chars... The effect of the skill, it becomes more apparent the closer you are to the enemy. In short, if you're on his side, he'll hit him on the ground and start beating, the lag gets you to use other skills to help you fight. This has happened many times in the Olympics, I pinned it to the ground, I used it, and there was a lag that when I triggered the silence skill, did not respond promptly, and only responded again when the Shield Wave effect ended.

2 minutes ago, Keoz said:

You should try to read and understand better the descriptions. Ultimate Defense still has a dmg cap, but now it's not fixed, it depends on your defense. The higher your defense, the lower the cap

Yes, I understood all of this. That's why this skill has become awful. Depending on my defense, this sounds ridiculous as it is a disposable skills. Again, NCsoft simply plays a major Tank skill and saves you a lot since Tank was Tank since the first Lineage 2 games. This skill has always existed to make the tank receive minimal damage possible. They removed the factor of giving 11 k of P.Defesa and M.Defesa to put a measure based on the defense of the tank. To make matters worse, it's a skill they think is so strong that the reuse is 15 minutes. I do not understand what NCsoft has in mind, when it decides that a skill is appealing to the point of having extremely high reuse and worst, it does not allow using Reise Shield and Focus Shield. The only thing I do not like is that it limits the damage to 600 and is ready, without putting more obstacles to it, from the moment the description says that the maximum damage limit received is 600, it is 600, and then the description continue saying that it depends on your P.Defesa. That is, they were contradictory in the creation and description of the skill. What NCsoft has to learn, that of course Tank is a defensive class, it overcomes others in fatigue, for carrying low damage, be it physical or magic damage, but that has changed a lot. Tank continues to give low damage but has lost all of his ability to be a defensive class. These new skills are not so good, the only ones I saw useful were Focus Shield, because it really prevents us from taking critical magic, but Reise Shield does not, it increases P.Defesa, but I did not see that much use of it, and I do not reflects 10%, and NCsoft has created many items that decrease the received reflect that simply this 10% does not help at all. Longing for the time that tank was weak and still beating, but when using its UDs, the damage taken was small, too low. I miss the time that tank could handle several enemies beating him and could deal with it in a good, today a single DDs throw a tank in the blink of an eye.

However, I hope that this change they made, make improvements. And another, I also hope that NCsoft modifies other classes, because Tank is clogged with skill that simply by using them, prevents us from using others, otherwise the skill deactivates, Reise Shield / Focus Shield are skills that when using, we can not use other skills that use shield, otherwise the effect disappears, I think this is ridiculous. If we use Final Ultimate Defense, in addition to the absurd reuse of 15 minutes, we can not use Reise Shield and Focus Shield, NCsoft even thinks that the way it does, Final Ultimate Defense is enough or powerful enough, no, it's not, because by restricting everything to P.Defesa of the tank, she further limited the tank, so it is a skill with no use whatsoever, especially when it is more and more complicated to equip in North American servers. I hope that NCsoft also modifies the other classes so that several skills of it also has limit of use, of the type, if using this skill, can not use this skill. Because the limits that NCsoft put on tank skills, this is simply finishing the class. Shield Wave is the same thing, if we use another skill that needs the shield, add the effect, I never saw a class that was limited as the tank with so much skill that prevents to use others, this does not happen with other classes. It proves that many did not like it, that after the update, it was that all excitement, the tank returned to log, but after the first Olympics, tests and more tests, they saw that the class even got worse.

Eh... you are going quite out of topic. There was more concern than excitement after the update, you can check it in this forum, you'll also find some better analysis and tips on how to perform with the new skills.

There's a logic behind all theses changes and you just gotta make all the best of them... or reroll. As I told you, it was already commented with detail in other topics. Tank is still on game, both PvE and PvP-wise. No need to press the drama button.

4 minutes ago, Keoz said:

Eh... you are going quite out of topic. There was more concern than excitement after the update, you can check it in this forum, you'll also find some better analysis and tips on how to perform with the new skills.

There's a logic behind all theses changes and you just gotta make all the best of them... or reroll. As I told you, it was already commented with detail in other topics. Tank is still on game, both PvE and PvP-wise. No need to press the drama button.

it took me like a week plus in monster track for skills testing and a couple daily run to learn control my tank in this update. Lets leave behide a nerfed of party protection skills, the new tank control make me happy in both pvp and pve.

Archived