The battle has been won. But the war is far from over - Adena/Drop/Spoil nerfs

Tetsuo

Hi All,

Lets be honest. The nerfs to adena/loot/spoil rates were 100% by design.. it was actually a great idea that 2-3 years ago, they would have gotten away with.
Nerfing adena was to force people to buy SS from the shop and likely, force users into buying gear through L2 shop when they are inevitably released.
Spoil rates and loot drops were nerfed to increase the value of 'silver coins' thus enticing players to buy VIP3/4 and earn materials that way.
What we have now is a Lineage 2 that is broken, where progression walls exists as players simply cannot gear up even when using the shop to supplement SS.

These predatory actions implemented by NCSoft/West arent new. We only need to look back to the Destiny 2 XP throttling and Battlefront 2 lootbox fiasco's to realise developers and publishers are becoming more daring and cunning in their monetization schemes! NCsoft/NCWest decided to force players into spending money before inevitably hitting a progression wall, and whilst perhaps not as obvious as Destiny 2 or Battlefront 2, it is still just as insidious.

I want to congratulate all those who voiced their concerns against these predatory actions. Those who chose, rather than to be silent, to make their anger, their frustration and disappointment heard. We had the proverbial wool pulled over our eyes prior to release, with patch notes saying absolutely nothing about the nerfs (this is what annoys me the most).
Many of us played at release and understand how amazing Lineage 2 is and what Lineage 2 Classic could have been. We have been left unbelievably frustrated and saddend that greed took priority over providing a good, fun and authentic experience.
Maybe things will change, maybe NCSoft/West will continue their predatory monetization schemes, but if they do, they can expect a mass exodus reminiscent of Bless Online.

Keep fighting the good fight boys. Corporate greed should never be accepted.
Tetsuo.

First of all. Juju and hime already said there changing the adeana/materials/spoils drop rates by the end of the week. So why are you still posting non sense? Just Shutup and wait. Simple as that. And they never said that NA classic was going to be identical as EU classic so why does everyone compare it to that. NA classic is its own new game. Its not the same as any other classic or live version out there. And they never said it was going to be either. They never said it was going to be identical to 1.5 or 1.0 everyone just assumed that. Now the drops rates are getting fixed. So there should be no reason for people to keep posting to fix drop rates because its been addressed. Then again I bet after drop rates increase you'll be back here moaning about something else lol. Nothing will ever be good enough for you guys. Ever. 

IMO the solution is simple, have a linear increase in drops that match VIP level, with VIP lvl 4 being "normal" drops.  I'm ok with making free players have an adena disadvantage.  My issue is that people WHO DO PAY, aren't playing at normal rates.

So happy to finally see the L2 community come together like this. But, at the end of the day money talks. With the Login issue they made so much money. They got 1000+ people to pay just to login. Then, with the rates. They got them to buy NCcoins. At the end of the day the #s are the only thing moving the wheel. For them, this was a very successful server opening. Is only when the money stops that real change can be made. If you look at discord and the people playing. Money hasn’t stop and won’t stop for a month or so.  

4 hours ago, Crysillion said:

I'm "on your side", so-to-speak, but I honestly have no idea what you're trying to do with this post. I'm here to play the game, not fight the immorality of a business.

If this all goes to shit, I'll just quit. That's how it works.

Well , then you passively care, which is worst then "I don't care". - If this all goes to shit, I'll just quit. That's how it works. -

3 hours ago, Euthanaisa said:

First of all. Juju and hime already said there changing the adeana/materials/spoils drop rates by the end of the week. So why are you still posting non sense? Just Shutup and wait. Simple as that. And they never said that NA classic was going to be identical as EU classic so why does everyone compare it to that. NA classic is its own new game. Its not the same as any other classic or live version out there. And they never said it was going to be either. They never said it was going to be identical to 1.5 or 1.0 everyone just assumed that. Now the drops rates are getting fixed. So there should be no reason for people to keep posting to fix drop rates because its been addressed. Then again I bet after drop rates increase you'll be back here moaning about something else lol. Nothing will ever be good enough for you guys. Ever. 

The reason WHY we have this changes by the end of the week is because the mass of players who were posting feedback about the issue, and NOT because Juju came to this conclusion alone!

Other then that, your whole post is "JustShutUp"!

3 hours ago, existenz said:

OMG!

cant you people just play the game and enjoy it? 

i just dont understand people that come to a game not to play it but to change it in every-way they can.

Because there is NO game to play and enjoy right now. We will play and enjoy it once things have been fixed. 

You don't have to understand. All you have to do is say "Thank you community for making this happens"!

2 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

Ha! Im dieing here this post is so funny. 

Yours is not. Which is worst !

3 hours ago, existenz said:

OMG!

cant you people just play the game and enjoy it? 

i just dont understand people that come to a game not to play it but to change it in every-way they can.

Play the game?

Tf are you talking about. You can't even log in.

4 hours ago, Crysillion said:

I'm "on your side", so-to-speak, but I honestly have no idea what you're trying to do with this post. I'm here to play the game, not fight the immorality of a business.

If this all goes to shit, I'll just quit. That's how it works.

He made this post because he cares about not only this game, but the community and gaming industry as a whole. I'm with him. If we all have this attitude "if it goes to shit, i'll just quit" these publishers and studios will continue to do whatever it takes to take as much money as they can from us. They will spend way more time designing ways to force you to spend money through micro-transactions on their game rather than designing systems that increase your enjoyment and fun or story/quest development, character development, etc. If you don't think these businesses hire psychologist, neuroscientists, and people who study human behavior as it relates to addiction/gambling/etc, so that they can design their predatory systems around it, then you're in for a surprise. If we don't take a stand as the gamers and community who these studios supposedly make these games for, we will never change the industry. It used to be about "us" and we got full games on Day 1. Now it's all about microtransactions, DLC Preorder bonuses, pay 2 win, and what not. I'm tired of it and I'm disappointed at the fact that NCsoft resorted to this and took advantage of us with Lineage 2 classic. They easily could have made it a simple flat monthly fee like it used to be, with nothing but cosmetics on the shop and maybe a small 25% boost to xp, sp, adena, drop rate if you pay a little more for monthly VIP. Nothing more. They've ruined my nostalgia for the game and if this continues It may very well be my last time playing this game as it will leave a very bad taste in my mouth.  

Archived