drop rate l2wiki

acerberos

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SPOIL AND DROP RATE. THIS IS CLASSIC OFFICIAL SERVER FROM NC SOFT. IM TIRED OF PPL TALKING ABOUT l2wiki DROP RATE. IF THERE IS SOMETHING TO BE REPAIRED ABOUT DROP RATE IT WILL BE DONE IN TIME. AND l2wiki WILL HAVE TO REDO THEIR DROP SPOIL DATABASE IF ITS WRONG. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, acerberos said:

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SPOIL AND DROP RATE. THIS IS CLASSIC OFFICIAL SERVER FROM NC SOFT. IM TIRED OF PPL TALKING ABOUT l2wiki DROP RATE. IF THERE IS SOMETHING TO BE REPAIRED ABOUT DROP RATE IT WILL BE DONE IN TIME. AND l2wiki WILL HAVE TO REDO THEIR DROP SPOIL DATABASE IF ITS WRONG. 

L2wiki is the official wiki for the EU servers, not NA official. They don't have to fix anything. NA needs to give us our own drop database.

4 hours ago, Arinulis said:

L2wiki is the official wiki for the EU servers, not NA official. They don't have to fix anything. NA needs to give us our own drop database.

They never said they would provide a wiki with the drop database so they don't NEED to do anything. Gamers these days are so effing needy and want everything for free. I miss the good old days before everything was posted on the web and you would have to figure things by yourself!

36 minutes ago, Karadoc said:

They never said they would provide a wiki with the drop database so they don't NEED to do anything. Gamers these days are so effing needy and want everything for free. I miss the good old days before everything was posted on the web and you would have to figure things by yourself!

Korea NCSoft had and has a wiki for all of their games, with detailed info about most of the things. We had an attempt over here with just some minimal general info about the game but now even that website is deleted. NCWest had an attempt with Aion in the past but it got broken and they forgot about it. It's just never going to happen on NCWest. It's up to fans to do something like that. For example there is one wiki for aion made by a guy that knows Korean, copying Korea NCSoft wiki. Lots and lots of info about almost everything. Sometimes you do need reliable data when the game is too big.

1 hour ago, Karadoc said:

YES! ^

@acerberos I was agreeing with the person explaining that "back in our day" information was word of mouth or shared on forums, we had to fend for ourselves until some sites popped up. Unfortunately they weren't maintained as people quit the game or the project in general. 

It would be nice to not have to rely on the wiki atm and have our own version to reflect our own classic version.

tl;dr you and others including myself are saying "kwicherbichen"

3 hours ago, Karadoc said:

No, they definitely need to give their player base its own wiki, so that people stop using l2wiki as a reference. I remember way back in the day using l2wh drop sniffer to help them build their own database, so shut your pie hole before you come at me kid.

1 hour ago, Azure said:

@acerberos I was agreeing with the person explaining that "back in our day" information was word of mouth or shared on forums, we had to fend for ourselves until some sites popped up. Unfortunately they weren't maintained as people quit the game or the project in general. 

It would be nice to not have to rely on the wiki atm and have our own version to reflect our own classic version.

tl;dr you and others including myself are saying "kwicherbichen"

No, back in our day we used the sniffer provided by l2wh, to help them build a drop database. Obviously, if you were here back then you would have known that, but, apparently in your day, l2wh was no longer around.

• L2 Team
22 minutes ago, xmot said:

There isn't one and won't be one

The L2Wiki database was originally community curated before it was bought by a third party publisher.The wiki domain may have been owned at one point by NCSOFT 10-11 years ago, but the domain expired without a renewal. Before our F2P launch in 2011, we were exploring the possibility of bringing back the Items/Equipment database for the website. However, there were concerns raised from HQ about implementing the drop table information on an official website.

The remaining L2 wiki sites are outdated or have been completely abandoned :(

4 hours ago, Karadoc said:

We had the Prime Guide (not perfect but at least as accurate as the wikis) and the databases resulting from the sniffers. It wasn't nearly as hard to get info as you remember it.

10 minutes ago, Juji said:

The L2Wiki database was originally community curated before it was bought by a third party publisher.The wiki domain may have been owned at one point by NCSOFT 10-11 years ago, but the domain expired without a renewal. Before our F2P launch in 2011, we were exploring the possibility of bringing back the Items/Equipment database for the website. However, there were concerns raised from HQ about implementing the drop table information on an official website.

The remaining L2 wiki sites are outdated or have been completely abandoned :(

Thanks for the info.  Any plans to create one in the future?  We sure could use a drop/adena/spoils/exp database, at least.  I would think you already have a spreadsheet or something that shows that, or would want to create one, for your own use.  Why not share it with your customers?

• L2 Team
45 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Thanks for the info.  Any plans to create one in the future?  We sure could use a drop/adena/spoils/exp database, at least.  I would think you already have a spreadsheet or something that shows that, or would want to create one, for your own use.  Why not share it with your customers?

Building a wiki database site from scratch is massive undertaking when we still have issues to resolve for both Live and Classic Servers. We have not shared our drop table directly in the past and it is not something HQ has done before either with their powerwiki.

2 hours ago, Juji said:

Building a wiki database site from scratch is massive undertaking when we still have issues to resolve for both Live and Classic Servers. We have not shared our drop table directly in the past and it is not something HQ has done before either with their powerwiki.

Thanks for the reply.  I agree doing a full blown wiki would be a daunting task, but a table of exp/drops/spoils/adena would not be that difficult and would be quite useful.  I used to program computers for a living and I can tell you with dead certainty that your development team either has that information or has the ability to write a short program in a couple of hours (at most) that would create a table with that information.  You really should already have that, and, if your development team is on the ball, you do.  Whether you are willing to share it is another matter.  I can't imagine why you would want to keep it a secret, especially in light of the current controversy and the fact that your compatriots elsewhere have published theirs.  Please consider it.  

HQ actually does have drop table displayed just not the chances attached to them. If I search for sea of spores (http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/포자의+바다) and I click on mobs, I can see their attributes and their drop table. Or I can search after spellbooks (CDL drop from http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/부식수) or materials and I get the mobs needed.

@Lawman I think just a translation of the Korea one will suffice. The Korean one is a complete wiki and it's quite the task.

1 hour ago, beleaua said:

HQ actually does have drop table displayed just not the chances attached to them. If I search for sea of spores (http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/포자의+바다) and I click on mobs, I can see their attributes and their drop table. Or I can search after spellbooks (CDL drop from http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/부식수) or materials and I get the mobs needed.

@Lawman I think just a translation of the Korea one will suffice. The Korean one is a complete wiki and it's quite the task.

Thanks for the info.  I'll bet they have one in English, too, or could generate one easily enough.  It's not like I'm asking for the whole wiki, just the drop/adena/spoil/exp rates.  

5 hours ago, Lawman said:

Thanks for the info.  I'll bet they have one in English, too, or could generate one easily enough.  It's not like I'm asking for the whole wiki, just the drop/adena/spoil/exp rates.  

I think if they had one in English we would have had access to it by now. However, I gave the example of EN wiki for Aion which is not official and mostly done by one guy, but now it's mostly the only reliable source and covers different regions (EU NA KR). It's similar to the L2C Korean wiki so I think it can be done if there is enough effort. Perhaps some people can start working on one and NCWest can adopt it and maintain it later.

13 hours ago, Sakumi said:

Let's be real about back in the day..

There were detailed third-party drop databases, but that was only because the server files were leaked for several chronicles in CN. 

That's not why they were detailed. L2wh released a sniffer that was ran beside the l2.exe and sniffed drops from mobs, which is why their drops db was somewhat off.

Archived