PK penalty is too much

Ulyo

There are many options for dealing with "pesky" and "annoying people". I 7 box in the game so I get the usual stupid with an extra dose of hate because I'm a "bot" or "boxers are evil" on top. I haven't had to resort to a PK once to rid me of any of these nuisances. Because I used my skills, environment, and mobs correctly to remove the problems.

Got a problem with a KSer on your AE trains? hold aggro lightly and intentionally run near the KSer. So when they KS the entire mob attacks them. Usually they die in a couple seconds without even realizing what is happening. Yes I know there's a thousand ways that could go differently and it's up to you to adjust for those variables (log dumping etc). I'm just providing one example of how I removed a nuisance without PKing.

Sometimes just taking a short break to stretch, use the bathroom, etc is enough to get rid of the problem.

I'm sure one of these days I'll have to PK and I have a mage ready for that role. I'll just kill it with one of my mains to remove the karma and move on (trade any equipment you might have before killing).

1 hour ago, LightRider said:

Well if you can't kill mobs fast enough to burn your karma then that is on you.

Pk punishment is to severe right now.

You should be able to dekarm faster.

Situation today in cruma:

• Our party went to one room where nobody was in. Then after 5-10mins a guy with 2 boxes and his friend came in and started ksing mobs we were killing.
  • We flagged, he started saying "np, the only way for us to go away is for you to pk us".
  • So we pked them.
  • Then he said: "No problem ,brb i'll make you get even more karma, and i have time all night to do this...".
  • 5mins later he comes back and we killed him again.
  • The guy didnt come back after that
  • Then we were dekarming for 1,5hrs and thankfully nobody else came to that room.

1 hour ago, Paradiz said:

Pk punishment is to severe right now.

You should be able to dekarm faster.

Situation today in cruma:

• Our party went to one room where nobody was in. Then after 5-10mins a guy with 2 boxes and his friend came in and started ksing mobs we were killing.
  • We flagged, he started saying "np, the only way for us to go away is for you to pk us".
  • So we pked them.
  • Then he said: "No problem ,brb i'll make you get even more karma, and i have time all night to do this...".
  • 5mins later he comes back and we killed him again.
  • The guy didnt come back after that
  • Then we were dekarming for 1,5hrs and thankfully nobody else came to that room.

If you want to burn karma faster i would suggest the Live servers.

This is supposed to be a hardcore experience and if you don't like how it is currently then do not kill players and find other alternatives.

8 hours ago, LightRider said:

If you want to burn karma faster i would suggest the Live servers.

This is supposed to be a hardcore experience and if you don't like how it is currently then do not kill players and find other alternatives.

you should actually realise that "hardcore" doesn't mean that everything must be bleeped up.Remove buffs too so it can be too hard, running with speed potions is not hardcore,remove them too. This candy "hardcore" is annoying from one point on.Yeah the game should be hard,but not punishing in every aspect.

Edit: just realised that f u ck is transformed into bleep

7 hours ago, Jiwan said:

you should actually realise that "hardcore" doesn't mean that everything must be bleeped up.Remove buffs too so it can be too hard, running with speed potions is not hardcore,remove them too. This candy "hardcore" is annoying from one point on.Yeah the game should be hard,but not punishing in every aspect.

Edit: just realised that f u ck is transformed into bleep

It also means it shouldn't be carebear either.

Again there should be consequences for killing other players and right now it is severe at lower levels. Once you get higher and get more xp per mob it should be quicker as you should be stronger to take on mobs that give more xp.

57 minutes ago, LightRider said:

It also means it shouldn't be carebear either.

Again there should be consequences for killing other players and right now it is severe at lower levels. Once you get higher and get more xp per mob it should be quicker as you should be stronger to take on mobs that give more xp.

i don't think 3 hour non stop killing is carebear rly, without considering that you won't be interrupted by other players trying to kill you whom you will actually need to kill and just gimp yourself even more. Im against pking anyway and i don't know how it will be on higher lvls,but i think as this feature is available early on, it should be even on all lvls independent of the amount of total xp you get.It would be better imo if it was on percentage of xp need for someones current lvl.

Ideal system would be if the ones attacking a red character flag to the pk too. You cant even defend yourself as pk, thats the main issue. It could be made so that only players flag to the pk on attack if the attacking character is in level range of the pk to avoid abuse.

4 hours ago, LadyShu said:

Ideal system would be if the ones attacking a red character flag to the pk too. You cant even defend yourself as pk, thats the main issue. It could be made so that only players flag to the pk on attack if the attacking character is in level range of the pk to avoid abuse.

Ideal for griefers and those wishing to extort people just trying to play the game. That would make taking over leveling areas super easy because anyone who dares to attack your red will be demolished by your non red party members. Anyone who doesn't attack the red will still die to the red. Getting the PK character into the level range for the area is super easy. It's a terrible idea.

As a PKer you ALREADY attacked someone WHO COULD NOT DEFEND THEMSELVES..Don't want to pay the time don't do the crime. NCsoft isn't going to give you a blank check to pk anyone you want so deal with it.

I do think the pk penalty and the time required to remove karma for 1 pk is a bit ridiculous and not even close to the way the karma system used to work.

when I pk someone, i just kill myself to de-red. i have vip 4 and an ee box with mithril robes and +5 wit. im guessing my loss in % is going to be less than whoever i just killed based on that, so im still winning. I also get to look like a bad ass not giving a bleep as i begin to xp over their dead body and they try to figure out which char to tab to town.

once ee's and bishps get higher res's, they will be selling their res's in chat.

like i said, i agree the current system is deeply flawed. you just have to be smart about how you will de-red yourself to minimize your own xp loss while enjoying the tears of whoever you killed.

Archived