Samsung galaxy s9 and windows, to play lineage 2

imdieying

1 minute ago, SumTingWong said:

How will you manage the heat?  W/e bro more power to ya, I don't see why it would be against the rules of the game, it's just against the rules of common sense :P

heat? is lineage 2 dude, played with a pentium III, do you think can heat something in new cores or even 1 of the 8 cores of s9?

no heat dude.

8 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Maybe you haven't played in a while, but the current client is a mess.  It uses more cycles than most AAA titles and still runs like crap.  

The original client, sure no problems, but do it, let's see how you manage! 

I'm legit curious now :P

3 boxs opened, max quality graphics, max tems of my cores 49 degress, ambient temp 27 degress

maybe you put wrong the thermal compound between heatsink and cpu.

31 minutes ago, imdieying said:

Hello, ill use my smartphone galaxy s9 to play lineage 2, installing a windows on it, and some wifi keyboards mouse and otp screen

is this legal?

Exactly how will you 'install windows' on it? Exagear Desktop? Anything that isn't a full proprietary Windows stack (including the entire Nt API) will not be able to run XC3 and so you will be unable to play L2. I repeat, anything that is based on Wine (no matter how much extended over the base product) will not be enough.

Your best bet would be to take a REAL x86 smartphone (which Galaxy s9 is NOT; they are using ARM due to power usage constraints = battery life) and get Win XP x86 on it. Yeah, you will most likely have to code peripheral drivers (WiFi, BT) yourself, but that at least would work.

1 hour ago, Devoid said:

Exactly how will you 'install windows' on it? Exagear Desktop? Anything that isn't a full proprietary Windows stack (including the entire Nt API) will not be able to run XC3 and so you will be unable to play L2. I repeat, anything that is based on Wine (no matter how much extended over the base product) will not be enough.

Your best bet would be to take a REAL x86 smartphone (which Galaxy s9 is NOT; they are using ARM due to power usage constraints = battery life) and get Win XP x86 on it. Yeah, you will most likely have to code peripheral drivers (WiFi, BT) yourself, but that at least would work.

there are some APKs than arent in google play store

i alrady ran it, i just want to know if is legal what am i emulating ( well is not an emulation, because main base OS is android, slave os is windows, nothing new. )

8 minutes ago, Coop said:

Good idea. Waiting for an instruction about this. I am using S9+ and currently my solution is using Chrome remote desktop to rdp to my desktop on my phone.

thanks

search about virtual emulation OS for android, there is many APKs, find the more flexible for you

remember you will need to share screen against a screen computer, and wifi keyboards, or OTP bridges, then you will have a computer, but "the cpu will be a smartphone, not a desktop computer or laptop "

this is like the rasperry PI, but with a cellphone, less electricity, and lienage 2 in extremely minimal mode, cant send your computer to 90 degrees.. only if someone puts wrong the thermal compound ,or modding the CPU quitting the security metal and stuff like that.

btw we need to know if is legal first, we need a GM answer

51 minutes ago, imdieying said:

thanks

search about virtual emulation OS for android, there is many APKs, find the more flexible for you

remember you will need to share screen against a screen computer, and wifi keyboards, or OTP bridges, then you will have a computer, but "the cpu will be a smartphone, not a desktop computer or laptop "

this is like the rasperry PI, but with a cellphone, less electricity, and lienage 2 in extremely minimal mode, cant send your computer to 90 degrees.. only if someone puts wrong the thermal compound ,or modding the CPU quitting the security metal and stuff like that.

btw we need to know if is legal first, we need a GM answer

It does sound that you don't have any clue what you are doing. Simply running x86 Windows in a VM will make it impossible to play L2. Even the superlight versions like Prelude PTS will be laggy as hell AT LOGIN SCREEN ALREADY.

Themida/WinLicense will detect any form of VM through hardcoded device name/id checks and will not allow you to run L2. Obviously, a smart guy like you would simply edit a few things in the registry and this "protection" would be bypassed. Still, XC3 will fail to run and it will be game over.

The Exagear Desktop that I mentioned recompiles x86 binaries to ARM ones during runtime on a special version of Wine - therefore easily achieving 10x and higher performance boost VS windows in a VM. Even with it, superlight prelude pts would still lag. However, it is pointless to discuss since XC3 will not work in anything based on Wine.

what a retarded idea. "I played in pentium III, so I can play in S9"

that is not even comparable, go learn the differences between a computer and a smarthphone. The only think that matters is not the CPU ghz frequency... and dont forget that the old pentium iii was like 3 or 4ghz which smarthphone can't constantly keeep up that frequencies because of heat issues

dude go study and learn the basics before opening this kind of completely non-sense topics

Archived