Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stomper

Solo People

Recommended Posts

stomper    2

To the devs, you are missing out on the solo player and they are leaving in numbers. Those solo casual players spend abit of money aswell and should be given something to keep them interested aswell. That is an entire market you not taking advantage of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sokjad    0

thats the point, its a really entire market here you guys are missing. Most of L2 players came back for nostalgic feelings, they are not kids, they have money, but they dont have TIME to play in a CP 6 hours a day... they may pay shots some times, maybe a rune to make the 2 or 3 hours they play more efficient... but in this case, they have to spend the money they could have spended on NCoins, in the russian shop for adena,  its better use 14 USD on 1kk to have vip for an instances. 

I cant get how NCSoft doesnt get they are making money to russians more than for themselves :/

 

PD: sorry my bad english xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shakedown    26

I've played solo to lvl 50 on 3 toons.
$$ is fine. XP is fine.

Not sure why you have so much trouble.

You have to find an additional way to make income other than hunting. It's just a fact and always has been.
There are plenty of opportunities.
Overenchanting.
Crafting
Buying/Selling

Lvling services (Legit for adena)
etc....

If you really like hunting, farm the same mobs. You will have a higher chance at drops due to simple probability.

Edited by Shakedown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are all marketing experts. Ncsoft is a company and knows how to do their job very well. Everyone cries for drop / adena / exp, etc. Many threaten to leave but the servers are always full of people.
If they lost dollars, as you think, they would have closed the servers already.
Think about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shreekz    3
1 hour ago, Shakedown said:

If you really like hunting, farm the same mobs. You will have a higher chance at drops due to simple probability.

Not how probability works but agree with everything else in your post. +1. I once went to EG to see how crowded it was. Decided to go elsewhere but I killed one mob and got bagh nakh full drop.

But all seriousness, learn the market or something. This is not a game you race to Max level for end game content. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stomper    2

I have played this since open beta and there has always been a secondary solo style of playing and here there is not pretty simple to see. Just because its working for a few of you does not mean its working as intended for the majority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shakedown    26
8 minutes ago, stomper said:

I have played this since open beta and there has always been a secondary solo style of playing and here there is not pretty simple to see. Just because its working for a few of you does not mean its working as intended for the majority.

It's possible to solo. I make $ soloing. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make..

Pro tip - Don't buy C grade weapons for PVE

 

Edited by Shakedown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madfaker    1
1 hour ago, Shakedown said:

It's possible to solo. I make $ soloing. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make..

Pro tip - Don't buy C grade weapons for PVE

 


 

pro question . how much time do you play and do you play without shots ? couz if u play 15h a day with no shots yes you are making money . doh

most ppl work and can only play 3-4-5 h a day . in those 5 h of play time you want them to stay in town and enchant and speculate market ? what game is this ? market tycoon ?

solo players are not supposed to be top geared and rich, but they shouldnt have a problem with sustaining their 5 h farm .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shakedown    26

1 is an ungeared dwarf that doesnt do anything

and yes i have a buffer

On 12/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, Madfaker said:

pro question . how much time do you play and do you play without shots ? couz if u play 15h a day with no shots yes you are making money . doh

most ppl work and can only play 3-4-5 h a day . in those 5 h of play time you want them to stay in town and enchant and speculate market ? what game is this ? market tycoon ?

solo players are not supposed to be top geared and rich, but they shouldnt have a problem with sustaining their 5 h farm .

I spam SS with an LxB

I don't make a ton of money soloing, but it's sustainable and profitable.

Most of my money comes from crafting and flipping items on the market.

I'm not sure when you started playing this game. But this actually very close to how the original game was played. Although the player knowledge of the game was significantly different and it was probably much harder, although CPs weren't a thing so finding people to play with was easier.

You can't just hunt/grind and spam shots while playing solo and expect to make significant progress financially. The game was never intended to allow this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FesterAdams    11

Maybe casters using shots have it hard making a plus after 40. Melees with at least 1 buff box and a brain make plus. Summoners make plus.

Archers can make an easy plus, as they spend half the SS a melee does..IF they use a non top D bow. But heaven knows why...everybody wants a LXBow and pays insane amounts for it despite they never do PvP and dont even want to do PvP. And after that they spend 3 SS per shot, which leads to  the 1.790th thread "I am an archer and cant make money". Heaven knows how they were able to buy a 3.5kk weapon (or maybe the gold sellers know as well).

Overenchanting as an average player is a way to burn your Adena, especially Top D enchant. Some few will be lucky, most will lose more than they can afford.

The best ways for the average player are:  tfarming mobs that drop wanted mats, spellbooks etc.. Clever group set ups that allow to farm without shots. Selling things more expensive than you bought them...by looking whats wanted (buy shops) and testing out what people are going to pay for the stuff (and finding the right time when to buy and when to sell).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djos    2
8 hours ago, FesterAdams said:

Maybe casters using shots have it hard making a plus after 40. Melees with at least 1 buff box and a brain make plus. Summoners make plus.

Archers can make an easy plus, as they spend half the SS a melee does..IF they use a non top D bow. But heaven knows why...everybody wants a LXBow and pays insane amounts for it despite they never do PvP and dont even want to do PvP. And after that they spend 3 SS per shot, which leads to  the 1.790th thread "I am an archer and cant make money". Heaven knows how they were able to buy a 3.5kk weapon (or maybe the gold sellers know as well).

Overenchanting as an average player is a way to burn your Adena, especially Top D enchant. Some few will be lucky, most will lose more than they can afford.

The best ways for the average player are:  tfarming mobs that drop wanted mats, spellbooks etc.. Clever group set ups that allow to farm without shots. Selling things more expensive than you bought them...by looking whats wanted (buy shops) and testing out what people are going to pay for the stuff (and finding the right time when to buy and when to sell).

I think u do a wrong comparaison here : top D  has a utility cos people 8se it to replace low C : patck is similar and shooting cost is divided by 2

Also people are able to buy top D bow cos up To lvl35 with a des luck farming is overall profitable. It's at 40 that the struggle begins

Edited by Djos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
outlaw    26
On 12/5/2018 at 10:18 PM, Shakedown said:

I don't make a ton of money soloing, but it's sustainable and profitable.

Most of my money comes from crafting and flipping items on the market.

 

it is . if u are <45-50 lvl . :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FesterAdams    11
On 7.12.2018 at 7:53 AM, Djos said:

I think u do a wrong comparaison here : top D  has a utility cos people 8se it to replace low C : patck is similar and shooting cost is divided by 2

Also people are able to buy top D bow cos up To lvl35 with a des luck farming is overall profitable. It's at 40 that the struggle begins

If you enchant a Reinforced longbow to +3 or higher it does decent damage as well and only eats 1 SS. If you overenchant it you lose 1.5kk for the bow. When doin it with a LXbow you lose 3.5kk.  

Also it seems i didnt pay enough attention to the game, because i missed any struggle after 40. Aden dungeon  XP/SP  scrolls, EACs and EWCs,  XP scrolls from AI, even more XP scrolls from FoM etc.. When my lock was 45 i did 2 or 3 weeks both dungeons every day and leveled Alts meanwhile.

Another option to boost yourself to 45: Stay 40 with your char(s) and gather all these AI scrolls + do the dungeon every day. This way you wont have to pay gatekeeper costs to travel between Aden and AI.  When you have enough scrolls use them in 1 go...ding you are 45. Then you can do both dungeons till you have some XP scrolls. And ding you are 50+ and have tons of SP to get important skills. Make Alts to make Adena. With this Adena you can boost your main chars equip. 

Play it as a game without any pressure. You have all the time in the world, because you wont be able to catch up to the top Lvl guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djos    2
12 hours ago, FesterAdams said:

If you enchant a Reinforced longbow to +3 or higher it does decent damage as well and only eats 1 SS. If you overenchant it you lose 1.5kk for the bow. When doin it with a LXbow you lose 3.5kk.  

Also it seems i didnt pay enough attention to the game, because i missed any struggle after 40. Aden dungeon  XP/SP  scrolls, EACs and EWCs,  XP scrolls from AI, even more XP scrolls from FoM etc.. When my lock was 45 i did 2 or 3 weeks both dungeons every day and leveled Alts meanwhile.

Another option to boost yourself to 45: Stay 40 with your char(s) and gather all these AI scrolls + do the dungeon every day. This way you wont have to pay gatekeeper costs to travel between Aden and AI.  When you have enough scrolls use them in 1 go...ding you are 45. Then you can do both dungeons till you have some XP scrolls. And ding you are 50+ and have tons of SP to get important skills. Make Alts to make Adena. With this Adena you can boost your main chars equip. 

Play it as a game without any pressure. You have all the time in the world, because you wont be able to catch up to the top Lvl guys.

Well reinforced longbow consumes 2 SSD not 1 but still it's 1 less compared to lxbow. 

Ofc it's easier to get and so cheaper to OE but as u stated yourself average players should not OE: in many cases ou will only result in adenas they can't afford to lose.

There is also the slow vs very slow part. I know it only affects pvp but some people just want a more versatile bow.

When i talk about struggle i mean farming is barely profitable. U can get Nice drops from dungeon but in many cases u'll get only buffs scrolls and just end up listing time and adenas.

On the XP scrolls part u are totally right, however having partially done that myself I trully doubt the "plenty of SP" part 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FesterAdams    11
Posted (edited)
On 10.12.2018 at 8:00 AM, Djos said:

Well reinforced longbow consumes 2 SSD not 1 but still it's 1 less compared to lxbow. 

This was an example. (Dark)Elven Bow uses 1 SS,

 

On 10.12.2018 at 8:00 AM, Djos said:

Ofc it's easier to get and so cheaper to OE but as u stated yourself average players should not OE: in many cases ou will only result in adenas they can't afford to lose

I wrote about enchanting a reinforced Longbow to +3 and NOT overenchanting it. I just stated in case you overenchant it (most people do sooner or later) you dont lose that much. Even on this server i know 2 guys that crystalized their LXBow without being able to afford it. I bought an Elven bow +4 for 1.1kk. With a lvl 40 archer fighting white mobs i needed 4 shots with it. LXBow+3 needed 3 (not counting crits).

On 10.12.2018 at 8:00 AM, Djos said:

On the XP scrolls part u are totally right, however having partially done that myself I trully doubt the "plenty of SP" part 😅

I wrote plenty SP for "IMPORTANT" skills. 

Edited by FesterAdams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xHaseo    74
On 5/12/2018 at 4:21 PM, elari said:

Not a solo game.Period

The only game parts you can't "solo" are the "massive" contents or the ones where you need a pt to join. But that can be easly fix by joining a group just for the event.
You can go from 1 to 85 soloing. Period. 
Learn how L2 works in 2019 and stop crying. Period. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×