Jump to content
Forums

Othell guide for starter 85-106


Recommended Posts

this thread is for show what you should learn and do with your othell till 106

PVE Othel Damage Guide
Ability Skill
85-88 Berserker Elemental Attack lv4
89 Berserker Might lv1
90-91 Berserker  BackFire lv2 <----- this skill good for shadow chase, and flash bluff
92-95 Berserker Focus lv3 + Death Whisper lv1 "Before you ask why Normal Crit Damage because normal Critical Damage added to skills so if you gain 7% normal crit damage you will see 7% more skill damage, this is same for skill crit damage +7% its +7% damage on skills, but because this is normal crit damage, its + damage on normal shot, so choice this first"

Now make Dual Class sadly only after 95 you can make sub so awaken your dual class and complete noblesse quest, this is important you need noblesse!
now that you have noblesse, do oly and and coc if you are in clan and gain a lot mark for can get superion codex cheaper, you will need it for enchant your shadow chase + flash bluff and stab and heart, try to reach +10 chance if posible, and +10 power on damage skills
level your Dual to 95 and learn Master's Rage Dual Skill
96-97 Death Whisper lv2-lv3
98-99 Berserker Craft Focus lv1-lv2
100-101 Berserker Fire lv2 "No mater what you learn before on warrior you must learn this in 100 and 101"
102-105 Berserker Craft Focus lv3 + Berserker Craft Death lv3
106 Berserker Divine Attack lv1 or Berserker Blessing, i'm 106 and i prefer more damage then gain more exp.

What item you should get
Jewels
Necklace: Tezza Soul For Stun and less Cooldown or Valakas less cooldown and patk that give you like 1% damage on skill.
Rings: if you prefer stun you need Baium Soul + Queen Ant Soul, if more damage, then you need Tauti Ring + Earth Wyrm Heart Ring (First ring set you will get like 50% more chance on stun, if mob not have immune to stun, it will stun 100% sure if you have +10 chance on chase, or if you prefer more damage, 2nd Ring Set will give you around 30% more damage then 1st ring set)
Earrings: Special Resistance Earring - Confusion + Blessed Zaken Earring, i wear this for stun

Quest you should complete
 Where Fates Intersect (85)  >>>> Reawakened Fate (95) give you nice Brooch Jewels + Brooch >>>>> Noble Material  (99) give you a nice circlet

Avoid Dex fact, its not affect your Half Kill Rate, some random noob was say this on past, and now almost all noob think its true, but its not.
STR all way, just increase your dex to max 66 and all perfect.
Ill update this thread, feel free to pm me in naia same name, or on forum, dont ask question on thread!
Feel free to post your advice what else starter should buy or complete.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KissMyKnife said:


Avoid Dex fact, its not affect your Half Kill Rate, some random noob was say this on past, and now almost all noob think its true, but its not.
STR all way, just increase your dex to max 66 and all perfect.
 

Well, Im kinda noob regarding Othels...I mean I played some years this class but I didnt made performance(It was my dual 105 mid geared orc...not the best race for othel).
Dex fact is not about half skils is related to something else :)
Othels are unique, they work like this:
-normal hit/ normal hit critical
-skill hit/half kill skill hit/skill critical hit/skill"blow"critical hit

The last skill"blow"critical hit is important. That blow type hits make othel great and higher dex you have>>>higher rate you get.

Here you can study the experiment.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now about different othel classes here a personal classament:
1. Othel GS, best one, he maximize damage from behind(all othels have a native passive skill who do that)
2.Othel Adventurer, second place, maximize damage from front
3.Othel WindRaider, despite the fact he have the highest base Dex he maximize damage from flancs...and its hard to hit mobs from flancs.
4.Othel fortune seeker...just a spoiler with knife :) apologies dwarfs for this

Edited by TheThrax
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, InjuredLady said:

Sensational, changed my idea and experience with dagger! thank you!

you see better damage? :D

 

will make new guide after update, i feel i have to make 1 :D to many change we get  for example on exalted reward

Edited by KissMyKnife
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, KissMyKnife said:


What item you should get
Jewels
Necklace: Tezza Soul For Stun and less Cooldown or Valakas less cooldown and patk that give you like 1% damage on skill.
Rings: if you prefer stun you need Baium Soul + Queen Ant Soul, if more damage, then you need Tauti Ring + Earth Wyrm Heart Ring (First ring set you will get like 50% more chance on stun, if mob not have immune to stun, it will stun 100% sure if you have +10 chance on chase, or if you prefer more damage, 2nd Ring Set will give you around 30% more damage then 1st ring set)
Earrings: Special Resistance Earring - Confusion + Blessed Zaken Earring, i wear this for stun

 

hey man, very usefull guide indeed. but what about other rings? for example what about Ring of Creation+Baium soul/AQ soul combo? 30% more dmg sounds nice but its also a lot more expensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xRiol said:

hey man, very usefull guide indeed. but what about other rings? for example what about Ring of Creation+Baium soul/AQ soul combo? 30% more dmg sounds nice but its also a lot more expensive.

creation ring damage its on between souls and wyrm, so sure use it, if you want more damage then both souls

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 2:25 PM, KissMyKnife said:

you see better damage? :D

 

will make new guide after update, i feel i have to make 1 :D to many change we get  for example on exalted reward

Much more damage, I will wait for the guide update! helped a lot! It is a pity NCSOFT does not stimulate the production of guides like the other regions! Thank you very much in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites


best rings for daggers = fallen angel ring +6++, dragon ring +3 ( obviously ), Olympiad ring 30 days , god accessories rings, and with this new update coming, angel ring +6... u can use fallen angel ring + angel ring... angel ring is craftable, but u need atleast 8-9 days farming aether, to craft 1... ( crafted rings are not tradable )...
dex is good for daggers in same way for archers... increases crit chance of skills... 

crit dmg increases your normal attack crit, and your skill dmg..
your skill crit dmg, increases your skill dmg and your skill crit...

imo dex is good for daggers not cuz half kill... but cuz increases blow land rate... and skill crit chance... so when your blow crit, it will increases all yours crit dmg + skill crit dmg bonuses, doing a lot of dmg... ;)
when i was a dagger b4 fafurion, i always use dex, cuz human have way too low dex, and miss alot of blows...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2020. 01. 15. at 2:19 AM, muash said:


best rings for daggers = fallen angel ring +6++, dragon ring +3 ( obviously ), Olympiad ring 30 days , god accessories rings, and with this new update coming, angel ring +6... u can use fallen angel ring + angel ring... angel ring is craftable, but u need atleast 8-9 days farming aether, to craft 1... ( crafted rings are not tradable )...
dex is good for daggers in same way for archers... increases crit chance of skills... 

crit dmg increases your normal attack crit, and your skill dmg..
your skill crit dmg, increases your skill dmg and your skill crit...

imo dex is good for daggers not cuz half kill... but cuz increases blow land rate... and skill crit chance... so when your blow crit, it will increases all yours crit dmg + skill crit dmg bonuses, doing a lot of dmg... ;)
when i was a dagger b4 fafurion, i always use dex, cuz human have way too low dex, and miss alot of blows...

Wrong about dex, on yull sure increase it for more crit damage, but on othell nop, was make 1k damage with more dex count all crit, you probable not know, there is 3 type of crit on othel the lower that like 2.8-2.9m then 2.92-3.1m that high, and top its 3.2m cause it rare, with dex the diff was only the damage was make -100k less damage on all type, but the low high and top number count was same, so stop this nonesense for dex.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 1:05 AM, KissMyKnife said:

Wrong about dex, on yull sure increase it for more crit damage, but on othell nop, was make 1k damage with more dex count all crit, you probable not know, there is 3 type of crit on othel the lower that like 2.8-2.9m then 2.92-3.1m that high, and top its 3.2m cause it rare, with dex the diff was only the damage was make -100k less damage on all type, but the low high and top number count was same, so stop this nonesense for dex.

So, I tested this a little and found the following:

Dex increases skill crit rate, skill crits do 2x damage of non-skill crits (base).

Now, KissMyKnife will definitely dispute this, and on the surface he/she is right, because we don't see skill crits doing 2x... I dug a little deeper and found that in fact, the stab damage we see regularly... are already all skill crits. We almost never notice the non-skill crits, because for othells, stabs crit *most* of the time, with lv1 buffs, I was skill crit-ing 99/100 times, I stabbed an NPC ~100 times until I got that one single stab that did "half" damage, in fact that was the non-skill crit.

Without buffs, it was more like 9/10 stabs were skill crits. This is with just passives, and the +10% skill crit rate AP.

Sorry for misleading you at the beginning :P DEX *does* affect skill crit rate, but it just doesn't matter much, if at all, for othell stabs. A hint to this behaviour is how almost all damage skills in the game has Focus enchant route, but stabs do not because they just crit so g.d. much anyway.

 

TL;DR Go +str dyes, not because dex doesn't affect skill crit rate, but because othell stabs already skill crit 99+% of the time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, f00dmonsta said:

So, I tested this a little and found the following:

Dex increases skill crit rate, skill crits do 2x damage of non-skill crits (base).

Now, KissMyKnife will definitely dispute this, and on the surface he/she is right, because we don't see skill crits doing 2x... I dug a little deeper and found that in fact, the stab damage we see regularly... are already all skill crits. We almost never notice the non-skill crits, because for othells, stabs crit *most* of the time, with lv1 buffs, I was skill crit-ing 99/100 times, I stabbed an NPC ~100 times until I got that one single stab that did "half" damage, in fact that was the non-skill crit.

Without buffs, it was more like 9/10 stabs were skill crits. This is with just passives, and the +10% skill crit rate AP.

Sorry for misleading you at the beginning :P DEX *does* affect skill crit rate, but it just doesn't matter much, if at all, for othell stabs. A hint to this behaviour is how almost all damage skills in the game has Focus enchant route, but stabs do not because they just crit so g.d. much anyway.

 

TL;DR Go +str dyes, not because dex doesn't affect skill crit rate, but because othell stabs already skill crit 99+% of the time.

you test only dex? not test normal crit damage and skill crit damage? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 10:28 PM, KissMyKnife said:

you test only dex? not test normal crit damage and skill crit damage? :D

I don't think you read my post at all, here is a video I made that shows that othell skill crits do 2x damage, however you get almost all skill crits as othell so boosting dex doesn't matter with regards to skill crit rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYBAX5Ferp8

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

I've been playing my dwarf for over 14 years now with breaks, and I will continue to do so because I like this race, not because I am chasing for best race/class/dual class combination, which only means something when you get to end-game items and max lvl anyway, which I never will and I am ok with that :) since C4 I have seen many changes made to this class, which started out as a money making machine with heavy armor and blunt - kind-of-dd, kind-of-tank, but also very nice even in PVP with the weight limit capacity to carry tons of CP pots 9_9, and turned out as a dagger in the end with the loss of the race and class identity as a dwarf spoiler, since both spoiling and crafting for warsmiths lost their meaning long time ago. 

My question though is - is Othel FS really that bad for PVE?

Othel FS passive skill Greater Luck:

Increases PvE damage by 30%, P. Skill Critical Rate by 15%, and LUC by 3, Decreases Normal Attack/M. Skill Critical Rate Received by 20%. Additionally increases deadly Atk. Rate by 5%.

Synergy/Song/Dance type active skill Lucky Coin of Maphr (10 min self buff with 5 min reuse time).

65% chance to trigger Great Tails (P. Atk. +25%, P. Attack Critical Damage +15%, P. Skill Critical Damage +15%)

35% chance to trigger Almighty Heads (P. Atk. +30%, Deadly attack rate +25%, P. Attack Critical Damage +20%, P. Skill Critical Damage +20%)

Could anyone elaborate please, how these skills compare to other Othel classes in PVE? I know that Lucky Coin of Maphr skill comes at a price of 77.777 adena each 5 minutes if on autocast and each 10 mins if cast manually, which leads to close to 700 mil adena per month farming every day 24/7. But it changes the farming a lot, though I do not need that in EV, because with this skill activated I need to wait for mobs to respawn because I kill faster.

Back in the day I used to take aggro in instances and raid boss parties due to damage output even with much better equipped and higher lvl players being in the same party (I guess because of the +30% PVE dmg passive skill).

Nowadays with ISS for buffs at 105lvl, tank at 105lvl, and my othel at 105lvl (all chars exalted with 105lvl or close to that dual classes and dual class skills) - all equipped with exalted quests free items and some boss jewelry on my othel - I can easily afk farm 24/7 at Enchanted Valley without fear of dying (tank just stands there with aoe agro to get mobs close, so that my othel does not run to other players' farming spots). It takes 3-5 stabs per mob to move on to the next one, so I clear the camp perfectly in time without the need to wait for mobs to respawn. In lvl 105 I got +32% of exp in 5 days of farming 24/7, meaning 105 to 106 takes roughly 16 days. I am satisfied with the PVE capabilities of Othel FS though I have never tried any other Othel class, so would be nice to know how other Othel classes compare to FS in terms of PVE.

P.S. Big thanks to @KissMyKnife for the advice on ability tree PVE setup, really changed the damage output enabling me to go to Enchanted Valley, because Hellbound was just way overcrowded :) was thinking of switching to level my dual class Yul GS more due to AOE capability, but read your posts and decided to stick to what I really like.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 4:56 PM, wannaBeer said:

I've been playing my dwarf for over 14 years now with breaks, and I will continue to do so because I like this race, not because I am chasing for best race/class/dual class combination, which only means something when you get to end-game items and max lvl anyway, which I never will and I am ok with that :) since C4 I have seen many changes made to this class, which started out as a money making machine with heavy armor and blunt - kind-of-dd, kind-of-tank, but also very nice even in PVP with the weight limit capacity to carry tons of CP pots 9_9, and turned out as a dagger in the end with the loss of the race and class identity as a dwarf spoiler, since both spoiling and crafting for warsmiths lost their meaning long time ago. 

My question though is - is Othel FS really that bad for PVE?

Othel FS passive skill Greater Luck:

Increases PvE damage by 30%, P. Skill Critical Rate by 15%, and LUC by 3, Decreases Normal Attack/M. Skill Critical Rate Received by 20%. Additionally increases deadly Atk. Rate by 5%.

Synergy/Song/Dance type active skill Lucky Coin of Maphr (10 min self buff with 5 min reuse time).

65% chance to trigger Great Tails (P. Atk. +25%, P. Attack Critical Damage +15%, P. Skill Critical Damage +15%)

35% chance to trigger Almighty Heads (P. Atk. +30%, Deadly attack rate +25%, P. Attack Critical Damage +20%, P. Skill Critical Damage +20%)

Could anyone elaborate please, how these skills compare to other Othel classes in PVE? I know that Lucky Coin of Maphr skill comes at a price of 77.777 adena each 5 minutes if on autocast and each 10 mins if cast manually, which leads to close to 700 mil adena per month farming every day 24/7. But it changes the farming a lot, though I do not need that in EV, because with this skill activated I need to wait for mobs to respawn because I kill faster.

Back in the day I used to take aggro in instances and raid boss parties due to damage output even with much better equipped and higher lvl players being in the same party (I guess because of the +30% PVE dmg passive skill).

Nowadays with ISS for buffs at 105lvl, tank at 105lvl, and my othel at 105lvl (all chars exalted with 105lvl or close to that dual classes and dual class skills) - all equipped with exalted quests free items and some boss jewelry on my othel - I can easily afk farm 24/7 at Enchanted Valley without fear of dying (tank just stands there with aoe agro to get mobs close, so that my othel does not run to other players' farming spots). It takes 3-5 stabs per mob to move on to the next one, so I clear the camp perfectly in time without the need to wait for mobs to respawn. In lvl 105 I got +32% of exp in 5 days of farming 24/7, meaning 105 to 106 takes roughly 16 days. I am satisfied with the PVE capabilities of Othel FS though I have never tried any other Othel class, so would be nice to know how other Othel classes compare to FS in terms of PVE.

P.S. Big thanks to @KissMyKnife for the advice on ability tree PVE setup, really changed the damage output enabling me to go to Enchanted Valley, because Hellbound was just way overcrowded :) was thinking of switching to level my dual class Yul GS more due to AOE capability, but read your posts and decided to stick to what I really like.

 

Hey, if you play spoiler don't change. I used to play Othell GH on main and tried spoiler on dual - pretty nice dmg. The only drawback for me were the missing self buffs that GH has. One of them I have it enchanted on recharge so mana will never end;)

But this was just a test for me. Overall I remember that in GC my main 104 was dealing not so much more dmg comparing the spoiler (on dual) and the spoiler was 2 lvs below my main.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/2/2020 at 8:28 AM, KissMyKnife said:

you test only dex? not test normal crit damage and skill crit damage? :D

 

On 23/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, KissMyKnife said:

this thread is for show what you should learn and do with your othell till 106

PVE Othel Damage Guide
Ability Skill
85-88 Berserker Elemental Attack lv4
89 Berserker Might lv1
90-91 Berserker  BackFire lv2 <----- this skill good for shadow chase, and flash bluff
92-95 Berserker Focus lv3 + Death Whisper lv1 "Before you ask why Normal Crit Damage because normal Critical Damage added to skills so if you gain 7% normal crit damage you will see 7% more skill damage, this is same for skill crit damage +7% its +7% damage on skills, but because this is normal crit damage, its + damage on normal shot, so choice this first"

Now make Dual Class sadly only after 95 you can make sub so awaken your dual class and complete noblesse quest, this is important you need noblesse!
now that you have noblesse, do oly and and coc if you are in clan and gain a lot mark for can get superion codex cheaper, you will need it for enchant your shadow chase + flash bluff and stab and heart, try to reach +10 chance if posible, and +10 power on damage skills
level your Dual to 95 and learn Master's Rage Dual Skill
96-97 Death Whisper lv2-lv3
98-99 Berserker Craft Focus lv1-lv2
100-101 Berserker Fire lv2 "No mater what you learn before on warrior you must learn this in 100 and 101"
102-105 Berserker Craft Focus lv3 + Berserker Craft Death lv3
106 Berserker Divine Attack lv1 or Berserker Blessing, i'm 106 and i prefer more damage then gain more exp.

What item you should get
Jewels
Necklace: Tezza Soul For Stun and less Cooldown or Valakas less cooldown and patk that give you like 1% damage on skill.
Rings: if you prefer stun you need Baium Soul + Queen Ant Soul, if more damage, then you need Tauti Ring + Earth Wyrm Heart Ring (First ring set you will get like 50% more chance on stun, if mob not have immune to stun, it will stun 100% sure if you have +10 chance on chase, or if you prefer more damage, 2nd Ring Set will give you around 30% more damage then 1st ring set)
Earrings: Special Resistance Earring - Confusion + Blessed Zaken Earring, i wear this for stun

Quest you should complete
 Where Fates Intersect (85)  >>>> Reawakened Fate (95) give you nice Brooch Jewels + Brooch >>>>> Noble Material  (99) give you a nice circlet

Avoid Dex fact, its not affect your Half Kill Rate, some random noob was say this on past, and now almost all noob think its true, but its not.
STR all way, just increase your dex to max 66 and all perfect.
Ill update this thread, feel free to pm me in naia same name, or on forum, dont ask question on thread!
Feel free to post your advice what else starter should buy or complete.

Thanks for the guide sir, i wanna ask about the Order of things.What should a naked dagger buy? I mean in what order of the items you mentioned, should i get jewels first? Talisman?a weapon first? I wear exalted only, thanks for respond

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xmot said:

I'd start with a cheap crit dmg ring, to pair with the paulina one.  After that mostly save for a weapon.

i got 2 crtical dmg cheap rings, so im forced to gather 35b for a weapon, sounds like impossible pff :(. allright thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

6 Billion is to make one blessed R99 weapon bloody type. You just need an over enchanted one to be worth it. 35b is a joke price to me for a R99 bloody weapon especially when making second SA now cost the same as the first . This market is crazy. Fact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 5:40 PM, wonho said:

is this guide still good in 2020, in special the ability tree? in solo farming with common buffs

Sure, it is actual. I personally go in Skill critical tree for AP and I  maintain 80-82 DEX and above 140 STR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my AP as a 109 Wind Rider.

l2-othell-ap.png

Order of learning (PvE):

1-4: Elemental Attack
5: Might
6-7: Backfire
8-10: Craft Focus (skill crit rate)
11-13: Craft Death
14-15: Focus
16-17: Fire (skill power)
18: Focus
19-21: Death Whisper
22-23: Divine Attack
24-25: Binding Attack
26: Combat Master
28-30: Magicians Elemental Shot (40 attribute is up to 4% more damage if you're under 1000)
31: Skill reduction
32-33: Mortal

My Dex is 75, I'm still using the 3 x exalted +3 str dyes

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...