Epics

Wintra

@Juji both servers are run by the 1% and nothing will ever change.. people will leave never having chance to compete. Sure, if you spend a lot $$$ you can get closer to that 1%, but without access to epics there is no chance to fight agains dragon weapons.

Please, please consider making epics an instance.. it can be hard as f(&*^, but give a chance to others.  I hate WOW, but dungeon runs are great and anyone can at least try them.

We all know that nothing will ever change with p2w events.. but you can make this game a little more fun.

Thanks,

• Haha 1

This has been discussed years ago, nothing has been done on the matter. I'm rather confident nothing will change now.

The dragons and whatever other epics worked well in the old days, but since GoD came, these should have been instances so everyone can actually see that part of the game and benefit off it.

Same goes for the raids in game, these should be available to everyone, not just a few nolifer rmters.

And before some vegan comes to tell me that I've done that too, yes I did but I didn't farm every single raid every day that spawns or care if I lost any. Not to mention the huge strain from camping them every day and the sheer boredom that's involved.

Dunno why I'm wasting my time posting this though, lost cause.,

Edited by mixa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mixa said:

This has been discussed years ago, nothing has been done on the matter. I'm rather confident nothing will change now.

The dragons and whatever other epics worked well in the old days, but since GoD came, these should have been instances so everyone can actually see that part of the game and benefit off it.

Same goes for the raids in game, these should be available to everyone, not just a few nolifer rmters.

And before some vegan comes to tell me that I've done that too, yes I did but I didn't farm every single raid every day that spawns or care if I lost any. Not to mention the huge strain from camping them every day and the sheer boredom that's involved.

Lineage 2 has turned into something super odd in my perspective. It's litterly the only MMORPG that I have played where the developers seem determined to prevent people from experiencing it's content. The developers have consistently removed or limited content over the years.Classic is a fractionl of what we had in the real classic era and the developers are fine with that. I haven't logged into the live servers for some time so I'm not sure if that's still the case there.

• Like 1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are more dragon weapons released during one event then have ever dropped from dragons. There are also more epics ever opened from L2 store then have ever dropped from epics or dragons. Most of those top 1% people spend 10 times more money than the bottom 99%.

On 25/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, mixa said:

NCsoft and NCwest specifically failed to understand the west market, it is a failed policy. Your solution seems very good, world bosses instanced so everyone can experience it, it would make a smaller gap between top and bottom players and overall make the game more enjoyable, but how to monetize that? Truly free with everything in game would take away the money from the company but would increase the player base, that's a conversation that they have to get eventually, the company depends on profits and if they fail to deliver to the shareholders they will close.

The bot problem over the years over here is still a big part of the problem, and it leads to rmt, at this point i think it is undeniable that the company somehow profits from this, or they would make it harder for them.

Any solutions?

On 26/11/2019 at 11:00 PM, Auburn said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are more dragon weapons released during one event then have ever dropped from dragons. There are also more epics ever opened from L2 store then have ever dropped from epics or dragons. Most of those top 1% people spend 10 times more money than the bottom 99%.

Have you seen innova? everyone and his mother have at least one dragon weapon stage 2

On 25/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, mixa said:

what about making all items account locked with the option to unlock paying nccoins, quite like longing talisman?

14 hours ago, Neesir said:

NCsoft and NCwest specifically failed to understand the west market, it is a failed policy. Your solution seems very good, world bosses instanced so everyone can experience it, it would make a smaller gap between top and bottom players and overall make the game more enjoyable, but how to monetize that? Truly free with everything in game would take away the money from the company but would increase the player base, that's a conversation that they have to get eventually, the company depends on profits and if they fail to deliver to the shareholders they will close.

The bot problem over the years over here is still a big part of the problem, and it leads to rmt, at this point i think it is undeniable that the company somehow profits from this, or they would make it harder for them.

Any solutions?

Warframe, path of the exile and a whole host of other free to play games are turning very good profits without resorting to the crap that Ncsoft pulls. The key is simply building good will among their community. Meanwhile Ncsofts answer is to use long tedious grinds to force people to buy store items while offering straight up pay to win items in the shop...

I agree this isn't a new problem for Ncsoft as they always seem to fail to understand what players want. Aion sold more than enough copies to be a legitimate wow killer. They screwed that up with their insistence on grinds and ridiculous RNGs as "content". Not to mention they never bothered to clamp down on bots which is typical for all their games. This refusal to fix obvious problems until it was too late doomed the game.

Trying to directly profit from RMT would cause a massive amount of problems for NCsoft. What you're accusing them of is highly illegal in both Korea and the USA. I'm tired of this accusation as it shows a shocking lack of knowledge about both laws and the financial income of Ncsoft. It wouldn't be remotely worth it to take a small cut of RMT for the amount of jail time and fines they would be facing when discovered. Considering how horrible of reviews workers give the companies in the usa and korea you can be sure if anything like that was going on there would be whistle blowers galore reporting it to the governments involved. All that for a tiny amount of money when they make billions off RMT on mobile alone.  They don't make it harder because that would require an investment in their game. They would have to actually hire more staff and have them active which costs money and that's money that can't be counted as profits. That's historically been NCsofts problem as they try to rely on cheap ineffective "solutions" for dealing with botting (gameguard etc).  That's why they do stuff like adding level minimums for chatting instead of paying someone to spend 60 minutes a day banning spammers. That's why ncsoft is focusing more on mobile because with a minimum amount of money invested they create geysers of RMT/MT to flow into their pocket. That's why the mobile market is by far Ncsoft's biggest source of income right now.

Like I said earlier if Ncsoft wanted to put a dent into the botting problem they'd actually make the game worth playing actively. Dungeons with Bind on equip or even bind on pickup gear would help newbies and vets alike while keeping botters from exploiting it. As it is now I have to grind for hours on end just from one PVP death and that's boring. It keeps me from PVPing and actively playing the game. I had the most pvp ever in game during that event when they disabled xp loss on death. Nothing since has been as fun or busy as that time frame for me.

At this point I only continue to play the game out of nostalgia and the thrill of optimizing my party's AFK capability.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Warframe, path of the exile and a whole host of other free to play games are turning very good profits without resorting to the crap that Ncsoft pulls. The key is simply building good will among their community. Meanwhile Ncsofts answer is to use long tedious grinds to force people to buy store items while offering straight up pay to win items in the shop...

I agree this isn't a new problem for Ncsoft as they always seem to fail to understand what players want. Aion sold more than enough copies to be a legitimate wow killer. They screwed that up with their insistence on grinds and ridiculous RNGs as "content". Not to mention they never bothered to clamp down on bots which is typical for all their games. This refusal to fix obvious problems until it was too late doomed the game.

Trying to directly profit from RMT would cause a massive amount of problems for NCsoft. What you're accusing them of is highly illegal in both Korea and the USA. I'm tired of this accusation as it shows a shocking lack of knowledge about both laws and the financial income of Ncsoft. It wouldn't be remotely worth it to take a small cut of RMT for the amount of jail time and fines they would be facing when discovered. Considering how horrible of reviews workers give the companies in the usa and korea you can be sure if anything like that was going on there would be whistle blowers galore reporting it to the governments involved. All that for a tiny amount of money when they make billions off RMT on mobile alone.  They don't make it harder because that would require an investment in their game. They would have to actually hire more staff and have them active which costs money and that's money that can't be counted as profits. That's historically been NCsofts problem as they try to rely on cheap ineffective "solutions" for dealing with botting (gameguard etc).  That's why they do stuff like adding level minimums for chatting instead of paying someone to spend 60 minutes a day banning spammers. That's why ncsoft is focusing more on mobile because with a minimum amount of money invested they create geysers of RMT/MT to flow into their pocket. That's why the mobile market is by far Ncsoft's biggest source of income right now.

Like I said earlier if Ncsoft wanted to put a dent into the botting problem they'd actually make the game worth playing actively. Dungeons with Bind on equip or even bind on pickup gear would help newbies and vets alike while keeping botters from exploiting it. As it is now I have to grind for hours on end just from one PVP death and that's boring. It keeps me from PVPing and actively playing the game. I had the most pvp ever in game during that event when they disabled xp loss on death. Nothing since has been as fun or busy as that time frame for me.

At this point I only continue to play the game out of nostalgia and the thrill of optimizing my party's AFK capability.

It's not that i don't know the law, or anything related to that, i just stated a fact that comes since 2004/2005, since i play this game that i've always seen a lot of automated characters. It's a lot of time to acknowledge a problem and address it accordingly.

But yes your point makes perfect sense, they get much more money from other markets and other platforms but still they fail on what is the most important part as being a game producer company, the costumer. If they really care about them, this game, Aion and every game they have would be much more successful.

On 25/11/2019 at 4:03 AM, iBuff said:

@Juji both servers are run by the 1% and nothing will ever change.. people will leave never having chance to compete. Sure, if you spend a lot $$$ you can get closer to that 1%, but without access to epics there is no chance to fight agains dragon weapons.

Please, please consider making epics an instance.. it can be hard as f(&*^, but give a chance to others.  I hate WOW, but dungeon runs are great and anyone can at least try them.

We all know that nothing will ever change with p2w events.. but you can make this game a little more fun.

Thanks,

yes make instance and the boots will farm dragon weapons xD lol

9 hours ago, Neesir said:

It's not that i don't know the law, or anything related to that, i just stated a fact that comes since 2004/2005, since i play this game that i've always seen a lot of automated characters. It's a lot of time to acknowledge a problem and address it accordingly.

But yes your point makes perfect sense, they get much more money from other markets and other platforms but still they fail on what is the most important part as being a game producer company, the costumer. If they really care about them, this game, Aion and every game they have would be much more successful.

Every online game has people using automated programs. Lord knows even blizzard has failed to stop them.