Botting?

Trisk

4 hours ago, Trisk said:

Returning player here, I haven't played Lineage 2 since 2007ish. Is it normal to constantly get PK'ed by people farming adena using the auto hunt option when your pushing out dailies?

No, that doesn't happen.  Also botting in MMORPG communities has received an upgrade using A.I. to detect patterns of impossible human behavior and systematic patterns that are not possible with 12 lines of "sanctioned" auto-play - since 2015/2016 period.  Blizzard Entertainment was the first company to implement A.I. to detect illegal software use for World of Warcraft and eventually NC followed with L2.

Those who complain today and try to sound like I don't know what I'm talking about and there are still botting... well, let me tell you, they probably never seen when the WHOLE server was botting up to the eyeballs - especially PVP.

Nowadays, it's kind of like the Don Corleone family in Godfather...  those who kiss Don's ring (the Lord of the Ring), may get special pass - especially if you are commercial affiliated aka "farming" and you don't engage in player-to-player combat.  PvP using botting program is a BIG NO NO can be caught by A.I. and you will be banned.

Edited by GhostintheShell

although NA ncsoft GMs do nothing about botting because it would almost be a fulltime job, insert empathy here concerning thier poor proformance and still getting paid todo nothing besides wait for miracle patch in update.

still you should report, make them see that yea.. they still are not doing an aspect of their job.

So easy to spot some bots just knowing how game works.. like watching bots do a skill like pheonix arrow, poison cloud, or snare that requires user input moving it around 24/7. Ive reported such bots, never seen anything happen to them.

GMs seem to not login, on main GM or even undercover to do anything... makes you wonder what if anything their job really is.

Edited by ZooArcher

56 minutes ago, ZooArcher said:

So easy to spot some bots just knowing how game works.. like watching bots do a skill like pheonix arrow, poison cloud, or snare that requires user input moving it around 24/7. Ive reported such bots, never seen anything happen to them.

While I agree that NC fail miserably in areas that you listed, in this point you're wrong - those skills can be added to a macro. It's been like that for a very long time.

Edit: I remember that when I created my Feoh (around 2 years ago), some player kept accusing me of using a bot at Arms of Timnel. He was a bit annoying, was calling me names and threatened he had reported me etc. Now I finally know this must have been because I had snare in my macro ;)

Edited by Helv

3 hours ago, Helv said:

While I agree that NC fail miserably in areas that you listed, in this point you're wrong - those skills can be added to a macro. It's been like that for a very long time.

Edit: I remember that when I created my Feoh (around 2 years ago), some player kept accusing me of using a bot at Arms of Timnel. He was a bit annoying, was calling me names and threatened he had reported me etc. Now I finally know this must have been because I had snare in my macro ;)

How do u add to the macro clickeable skills. For example how can i add death gate on wynn? useskill and then what action to make the "click"?

• Moderators

Greetings ReaperGG,

Unfortunately we cannot look into these kinds of complaints. Please contact the support team, if you have suspicions or proof of such exploits.

Secondly, name shaming other players on the forums is against our Code of Conduct you people all agreed to. So please take your time and reread it.

Regards

-Leto

16 minutes ago, ReaperGG said:

WHY DID THEY DELETE THE THREAD WITH TITTLE ''ANY GM ANSWER?'' .Dont you want evidence to take action u *** HUH? YOU HAVE VIDEO EVIDENCE AND SCREENSHOTS! WHY THE HELL DONT YOU DO SOMETHING????

Dude u cant fight an Atomic bomb with just a sword,it's a losed battle i know it well and everyone knows,u just get mad and will end with some warning on forum.

What name shaming? So basically you only need to beat around the bush and never actually doing something about it. what about the other posts? U cut us off from very very important in game items that other regions have FOR FREE only so you can then later propose ''events'' (sales) and have us pay to get them otherwise we would be less and less unable to compete at the endgame? Why dont you install GameGuard or ANY other program that would detect 3rd party programs, any Antibot-Antiscript protection? U talk about the games code of conduct where is you doing your part to actually ensure the players time is being spent enjoyably? where is the code of conduct from the management team to their player base? @EmperorLeto

• Like 2

• Moderators

Please calm down, ReaperGG.

A lot of you guys seem to forget that the Moderation Team is NOT, and I reapeat, NOT participating in any game related development. We are here to keep the peace and uphold the rules given to everyone and us. So even if we wanted to change something, we are poweless to do so in the forums.

-Leto

On 1/21/2020 at 8:26 PM, GhostintheShell said:

No, that doesn't happen.  Also botting in MMORPG communities has received an upgrade using A.I. to detect patterns of impossible human behavior and systematic patterns that are not possible with 12 lines of "sanctioned" auto-play - since 2015/2016 period.  Blizzard Entertainment was the first company to implement A.I. to detect illegal software use for World of Warcraft and eventually NC followed with L2.

Those who complain today and try to sound like I don't know what I'm talking about and there are still botting... well, let me tell you, they probably never seen when the WHOLE server was botting up to the eyeballs - especially PVP.

Nowadays, it's kind of like the Don Corleone family in Godfather...  those who kiss Don's ring (the Lord of the Ring), may get special pass - especially if you are commercial affiliated aka "farming" and you don't engage in player-to-player combat.  PvP using botting program is a BIG NO NO can be caught by A.I. and you will be banned.

LOL at warden and Blizzard's failed attempts at stopping bots with automated systems. AI is getting pretty good at doing a variety of tasks but they have limitations. "Scripts" for chugging CP pots and radar were the big PVP things I'm not aware of anyone actually using a bot to pvp as bots are pretty dumb when it comes to target selection in such a scenario.

Sony Microsoft and valve have spent quite a lot of time and money trying to build AI systems to catch cheaters and while they have made progress the technology is still very limited in it's abilities.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:16 PM, CrafterX said:

How do u add to the macro clickeable skills. For example how can i add death gate on wynn? useskill and then what action to make the "click"?

Used to be able to use the skill once click the ground and then the macro would auto cast in that same spot every loop. It's been several years since I played on live so I'm not sure if it's still possible. if you play with it a bit I bet you'll find out.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

also @EmperorLeto please point out to us which of the terms of conduct you interpret as name shaming because i took the time to read them and found no term prohibiting the posting of videos showing people doing something illegal based on the agreement we all accept to play the game concerning the use of 3rd party programs. if you cannot recognize the bot behavior i;m not sure we can move this conversation further until you get us in contact with an "expert" so we can see who is braking which code of conduct here  

• Moderators

please point out to us which of the terms of conduct you interpret as name shaming

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/4015-forum-code-of-conduct/

harassing, bullying or defamatory content will also not be tolerated

As been pointed out many times before, the forum is not the place where these kind of reports can be looked into. If you would like to report a player for their possibly inappropriate behavior, please contact Customer Support and they will be able to investigate the issue for you.

When Support suggest that you start a thread about a particular issue on the forums, they mean to start a discussion about it so that moderators may in turn forward it to the game team, which is indeed done multiple times on a daily basis.

Furthermore, another important point:

any discussion of disciplinary action or moderation is not allowed

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/4015-forum-code-of-conduct/

I'll be closing this now. Feel free to open a new topic if you wish to further discuss the issue while keeping our Code of Conduct in mind.

Thank you for your understanding.