IRON RULE

Thats actually not true.  Depends on your clan.  I have warehouses full of gear up to mid R95 for clannies in case they got hacked or their account got stripped etc.  to get them back on their feet.  As some clannies quit they surrender their gear to me and I would use their adena to fund the clan hall and put the extra gear away in case they came back rerolled etc.

Good clans are like families bad clans just want to do end content regardless of who they do it with.  Do not speak in generalizations there are a lot of good clans still out there.

Edited by Slycutter
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Thats actually not true.  Depends on your clan.  I have warehouses full of gear up to mid R95 for clannies in case they got hacked or their account got stripped etc.  to get them back on their feet.  As some clannies quit they surrender their gear to me and I would use their adena to fund the clan hall and put the extra gear away in case they came back rerolled etc.

Good clans are like families bad clans just want to do end content regardless of who they do it with.  Do not speak in generalizations there are a lot of good clans still out there.

so u say u will give me gears and weapons if come to your clan.what stop me to take the gears and weapon and leave the clan?

after that what stop me to repeat the same thing?

You missed the whole "family" part of a clan.  Why would I give a complete stranger things if a clan member that has been loyal needs help we help.  You took everything I said out of context.

Anyone who has played this game long enough knows I can kind and I can be ruthless you decide how I treat you.

Edited by Slycutter

On 5/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, WiTcHuNteRaVeN said:

u never give your gears to anyone.

nor to clan mates nor your friends.

if u lose your gears is game over.

because no will help u get them back.

Sounds like a story behind this shout.  May I asked what happened to you?

On 8/5/2020 at 8:15 PM, Slycutter said:

Slycutter you recently returned? (cause I did and don't see a lot of the old people :) ) I was particularly happy when I saw the name and crest run around in Aden  :)

To the matter of the topic now, impersonation or social engineering is one of the main methods of stealing real or virtual goods nowadays. Our clan is a recent target as there are people impersonating the leader or top people trying to pull through the old "drop your weapon to be enchanted for free" trick. Since I am only in exalted I am not a target, yet :)

The rule is do not give anything or do not fall for tricks (if it is too good to be true, then its a scam :) ), unless you know the other in real life. Especially if we are talking about hard earned gear...

• Like 1

No no, I gave my +10 Heavy set and rulers ring of authority to my clan leader back in the day. Back when it was worth thousands. He gave it back when I asked. That was Salvavida by the way. Trusted player. Meatbun too I let her use my armor for raids and stuff, she gave it back. Two people I only knew in game, thousands of dollars they used and returned.

Fumb and that is exactly what I am talking about.  Loyalty is earned and the real clans on the server which have existed with the same leader or leadership for 15+ years understand that.  WO has had it ups and downs its never been completely inactive I always been its leader and if a player returns who needs help that we can prove is that former player we help them either leveling or gear because this game is about social interaction.  For us older players we see it as a way to enjoy time away from the real world to have fun with friends who have become our family over the years.

Andomiel - Yes I have i couldnt really play for awhile due to IRL but i was always logged in for my clannies still had sell shops making adena and supporting my clan hall lol.

Edited by Slycutter

On 5/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, WiTcHuNteRaVeN said:

u never give your gears to anyone.

nor to clan mates nor your friends.

if u lose your gears is game over.

because no will help u get them back.

Yes and no. It all depends on how long you've known the person that you entrust with your gear. If the answer is "not very long" (less than a year), you're right. But then comes the inevitable question as to why you're giving it to them in the first place. Trusting someone doesn't mean turning off your common sense. 

On 5/17/2020 at 5:35 AM, Slycutter said:

Fumb and that is exactly what I am talking about.  Loyalty is earned and the real clans on the server which have existed with the same leader or leadership for 15+ years understand that.  WO has had it ups and downs its never been completely inactive I always been its leader and if a player returns who needs help that we can prove is that former player we help them either leveling or gear because this game is about social interaction.  For us older players we see it as a way to enjoy time away from the real world to have fun with friends who have become our family over the years.

Andomiel - Yes I have i couldnt really play for awhile due to IRL but i was always logged in for my clannies still had sell shops making adena and supporting my clan hall lol.

All due respect, you're more the exception than the rule. I would still caution everyone not to trade gear with someone, especially in the case of a clan leader who may have been away from the game for a minute. Make sure that he/she establishes their bona fides first. Accounts get hacked. Still, as a clan member, make sure you're 100% sure of the people you're interacting with before you leave yourself exposed.   

And I'm not saying that as a knock against you. I remember you from the days of Devianne and I am familiar with your reputation as a solid CL. I'm just saying in general everyone should be a little cautious. There have been way too many complaints about scammers lately, Better safe than sorry.

Ghostshadow.

Most of my trusted clannies either I know from our forums or facebook or they pick up the phone and call me. (I don't expect my euro or SA clannies to call me) but you get the point.  Sometimes people come back sometimes they never do.  Sometimes enemies come back as friends and sometimes friends come back as enemies.  I been playing this game too long to hold grudges and I wish there were more people like my core members in WO but unfortunately its not the case and xping and joking around is not the norm.

Anyone who played this game per GoD knows what it was like to grind for hours for a couple % sometimes without soulshot cause you couldnt afford but you had a good time joking around on Vent, Teamspeak or whatever service you used.  If you log in to my clan my message still says don't trade gear you cannot afford to lose away.  As ghost said a lot of people out there are scammers and do not want to work for it.

Edited by Slycutter