Mouse or keyboard macro is allowed ?

CataPvE

Its not against any EULA. IT is not defined as 3rd party software as it does not affect the files of the game.  Its technically an input device, like a turbo controller. 

Console games are having huge issues with this right now. There are "aim assist" boxes that act as macros between controller and console to input commands that help things like recoil reduction and scope speed. 

3 minutes ago, number66 said:

Its not against any EULA. IT is not defined as 3rd party software as it does not affect the files of the game.  Its technically an input device, like a turbo controller. 

Console games are having huge issues with this right now. There are "aim assist" boxes that act as macros between controller and console to input commands that help things like recoil reduction and scope speed. 

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tVP1zc0zEvLMy0sKy4wYPTiSszMVUgsLs4sLgEAdskI8w&q=aim+assist&rlz=1C1ONGR_enUS945US945&oq=aim+asis&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46i10i433j0i10i433l2j0i10l5.2902j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

well 3rd party software some1 told me in discord it could be..so that's why i ask always to don`t cry later :P

Anyway thanks alot for making time to write me ❤️

3 hours ago, CataPvE said:

well 3rd party software some1 told me in discord it could be..so that's why i ask always to don`t cry later :P

Anyway thanks alot for making time to write me ❤️

i personally dont believe its against the eula.

there has been mutliple responses, some from Juji himself, but they are all on the old forums that cant be accessed anymore.

Here is a handful of quotes re-referenced from those times.

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/3084-are-mouse-drivers-allowed-in-game/?do=findComment&comment=23735

itd be nice to get another official response, but atm this is all we have.

edit: u can submit a ticket asking the support staff if that software is illegal in hopes of getting a better response, but the support staff is lackluster on these types of things.

dude, what I dont get again, each 1 of those quotes says "it is NOT allowed"  why are you quoting those?

1)  The Nostromo SpeedPad is not considered in violation of our rules, unless it is used to automate actions for your character when you are away from the keyboard.

2)  The best rule of thumb to follow is to make sure that any macro you make for your nostromo requires your presence to operate.

You will not be punished for what you have done in the past, please just make sure you are present at your computer in the future.

3)  The best way to determine if how you are using these devices is a violation or not is by asking yourself "Can a normal keyboard/mouse combination replicate the same behavior?"

If the character is found to be exhibiting behavior that cannot be replicated through the use of a normal keyboard/mouse setup, then the character is considered to be "botting" even if they are only using a programmable device like the Logitech G15 or Nostromo.

4)  ok. 4th quote was pretty generic

6 hours ago, CataPvE said:

@Juji@Hime@LIME

Can anyone confirm if its allowed or not ?
U can make from drivers to spam f1 - f12 and its more faster than in-game macro ( people say )  and i just want to know if its also legal or not..

Thank you xD

Jam a penny in your keyboard for faster f1-f12, it's the running multiple macro's at the same time w/o interfering with other macro or auto hunt that gets dirty, imagine running /target enemyA, /target enemyB in the background so anytime a bad guy approaches they lose the element of surprise,  you can get pretty tricky with this. 

1 hour ago, Degus said:

dude, what I dont get again, each 1 of those quotes says "it is NOT allowed"  why are you quoting those?

1)  The Nostromo SpeedPad is not considered in violation of our rules, unless it is used to automate actions for your character when you are away from the keyboard.

2)  The best rule of thumb to follow is to make sure that any macro you make for your nostromo requires your presence to operate.

You will not be punished for what you have done in the past, please just make sure you are present at your computer in the future.

3)  The best way to determine if how you are using these devices is a violation or not is by asking yourself "Can a normal keyboard/mouse combination replicate the same behavior?"

If the character is found to be exhibiting behavior that cannot be replicated through the use of a normal keyboard/mouse setup, then the character is considered to be "botting" even if they are only using a programmable device like the Logitech G15 or Nostromo.

4)  ok. 4th quote was pretty generic

im passing on past info, which is more beneficial than your opinion/interpretation of the eula.

The answer is " Thanks for contacting us.

We currently do not support these macros and other similar programs. Our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game. Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs) or that give you an advantage over other players (such as damage increase hacks, speed hacks, or auto-target hacks). "

so many people saying its allowed, a few says isnt allowed, also most people use it.. so i dont know

55 minutes ago, CataPvE said:

I don`t know how they know who using and who isnt.. thats the main problem lol. should we all uninstall the drivers ?

for some products id imagine its pretty impossible. especially for razor products, as the drivers are running several apects of the mouse and key like lights and positioning(if you have the fancy mouse). the macro part is an extension of the program that runs all of that. In most cases macros are used to simply hold down keys, can be done just as easily with a coin between keys, like everyone used to do before auto SS.

Most players use this to compensate for the macro lag, not gain an advantage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CataPvE said:

The answer is " Thanks for contacting us.

We currently do not support these macros and other similar programs. Our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game. Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs) or that give you an advantage over other players (such as damage increase hacks, speed hacks, or auto-target hacks). "

so many people saying its allowed, a few says isnt allowed, also most people use it.. so i dont know

The mkb software is doing 1 click per action, just like hands would do. It's just repeating it very fast, which hands could also do. 

The support response was lack luster and vague as expected. 

You need @Juji to comment. 

I don't believe he will answer because it's too complicated.      It's like 2 questions, question A and B.    A's answer fits A, B's answer fits B, but B doesn't work with A.

So yes, imo i'll add, Yes macro keyboard is allowed to smash keys as fast as possible, so you can say yes,  it's allowed.  But that's not saying yes, you can run 20 macro's at the same time because they answered  yes for a different question.  

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the comments of the players in here, I understand that these programs speed up the / attack and skills in the game.  So I feel like I want to say 2 things: First, if that really happens, it means that the skills of the players have room to become faster, so the reuse time of these skills tends to the actual reuse time that players with  the items and subscription purchases they have made.  It is very unfair for someone to have bought the Prestige Pack (or any other item) and not get the full -20% Skill Reuse Time.  And secondly, that in this way we eliminate the in game lag.  So it's a situation that benefits both sides.  Both NCSOFT and the players.  I have the impression that it is imperative for the company to allow the use of such programs, because it is BOTH legal and ethical.

12 hours ago, MeddlingMageGR said:

Reading the comments of the players in here, I understand that these programs speed up the / attack and skills in the game.  So I feel like I want to say 2 things: First, if that really happens, it means that the skills of the players have room to become faster, so the reuse time of these skills tends to the actual reuse time that players with  the items and subscription purchases they have made.  It is very unfair for someone to have bought the Prestige Pack (or any other item) and not get the full -20% Skill Reuse Time.  And secondly, that in this way we eliminate the in game lag.  So it's a situation that benefits both sides.  Both NCSOFT and the players.  I have the impression that it is imperative for the company to allow the use of such programs, because it is BOTH legal and ethical.

You didn't read, you only read what you wanted to hear, wake up!  It's not the spamming of skills that's the concern, that can be accomplished w/ a penny in keyboard and is allowed.  Having F1-F12 all different macros and having an out of game product pressing those "keys" in different orders w/ different timers is when you have automated your game. 

• Moderators

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/21846-some-info-about-dragon-shirt-life-stones/?tab=comments#comment-149285

On 6/21/2021 at 10:29 PM, Juji said:

Hello All,

There seems to be some confusion regarding the use of third party programs and what can/cannot be automated. Any gameplay functions that are not already automated through our auto-hunting or fishing systems are prohibited to be fully automated with third party software including keyboard macros. 

We do not permit the use of any third-party software, tools, or programs that interact with the Services that give one player an unintended, unnatural, or unfair advantage over another player. Such prohibited third-party software, tools, or programs include those that alter Game-balance in favor of one player over another, automate actions within the Services, promote unattended gameplay, or have an adverse effect on other users of the Services. Prohibited third-party programs will be determined at our sole discretion.

• Like 1

• Hyunkel locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • L2 Team

Hello All,

I wanted to give an update regarding this issue since we have been recently receiving inquiries about it.

Our CS team does not generally take disciplinary measures against players that use Keyboard and Mouse software to automate gameplay functions that can already be automated in-game. Instead, our team prioritizes taking action against use of automation of recorded mouse clicks and auto-clicking of game window confirmation screens that cannot be automated through regular gameplay. Players that use unauthorized, third-party software with NCSOFT games do so at their own risk.

We hope this helps clarify your concerns about using keyboard and mouse software.

Best Regards,
Juji

• Thanks 2