Server Lag [MERGED]

Chopper

You are the shame of the community of video game companies but an absolute shame, you have made me lose 2 transcendent instances of my 2 accounts because it has occurred to you to throw the server without any kind of warning. Those who are in charge of the game or the forum do not even respond to our requests this is worse than a illegal server, you do not know how to do anything well I am very sorry for my words but I am angry you do not tell us anything, you just throw the server, no response at all For example, we are studying the situation or we have found this fault, nothing, you just turn off the server and that's it. You are really going to lose all the players for all this, greetings.

• L2 Team
59 minutes ago, zakex said:

You are the shame of the community of video game companies but an absolute shame, you have made me lose 2 transcendent instances of my 2 accounts because it has occurred to you to throw the server without any kind of warning. Those who are in charge of the game or the forum do not even respond to our requests this is worse than a illegal server, you do not know how to do anything well I am very sorry for my words but I am angry you do not tell us anything, you just throw the server, no response at all For example, we are studying the situation or we have found this fault, nothing, you just turn off the server and that's it. You are really going to lose all the players for all this, greetings.

Hey @zakex- We understand your frustration, and we're doing our best to get a status update on the situation. I'll update this thread when I have that information: https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/22573-status-update-for-blackbird-server-latency-issues/

In the meantime, I'm going to lock this one up, and redirect anyone to the thread I linked so that I can keep all feedback in one place for me to escalate.

Thank you!

Hi,

I'm DanTruong,

I play L2 long time ago(2007 maybe... ) and this is the fist time I play L2 at ncsoft. The true reason for I play and stay here just cause I wanna play L2 at a place with out lag, disconnect and wipe... after a month!

Wow, ncsoft show me Aden server - Your Next Adventure Begins Today...

WTF... I can't login after I got lags, disconnect.............

DanTruong

Well Blackbird server has terrible problems with lag and dc.

Alcaida server is working ok if you just want to try out the game , you could create your chars in both servers. You can also claim the newbie starter kit , and daily freebie kits in both servers. And decide what server to play mainly later (if they fix the blackbird lag)

But attendance checklist rewards is limited to only one character on your entire acct so be careful when you get the day 7 +4 c grade armor ticket not to take it on the wrong server.

Elcadia server is starting to lag as well, thanks god no crash yet but heavy lag...

@Sunshine can you guys please discuss and drop down boxes from 10 to 5? Even 3 would be perfect but really, 10 boxes per PC is too much. I do understand that clients are shared classic + essence...is there no way to change it so essence has it's own box limit and get it down to 5? 

@Sunshine @Hime @Juji When are we going to get an update on this lag issue? Due to many people switching to Elcadia it's starting to effect that sever too. Also, I'd like to see some kind of drop table on raid bosses. When you all first advertised this server you claimed that certain raids would drop Lcoin. My clan has farmed these raids daily and have yet to see any Lcoin drop. 

• L2 Team
57 minutes ago, Chopper said:

@Sunshine @Hime @Juji When are we going to get an update on this lag issue? Due to many people switching to Elcadia it's starting to effect that sever too. Also, I'd like to see some kind of drop table on raid bosses. When you all first advertised this server you claimed that certain raids would drop Lcoin. My clan has farmed these raids daily and have yet to see any Lcoin drop. 

It's not ALL raid bosses, and you have to defeat the boss within 5 minutes. More details on what you can expect are in the article: https://www.lineage2.com/news/raid-master-preview

• L2 Team
13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

@Sunshine I am referring to the patch notes where it is stated that the epic raids ( Core, AQ, Zaken, Orfen, Baium, Antharas ) drop Lcoin either L1000 or L8000. We have killed a few of these multiple times for days now and haven't seen a single one yet. https://www.lineage2.com/news/aden-launch-patch-notes

Okay, having the team look into it.

Update: We looked at it and the items are dropping as intended. They're not meant to be easy, and my best advice is to keep farming. 

28 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Okay, having the team look into it.

Update: We looked at it and the items are dropping as intended. They're not meant to be easy, and my best advice is to keep farming. 

Don't you mean not dropping as intended?

Regardless of what Sunshine or any of the other GMs tell you, there is no solution to the lag.  They will not upgrade their server, even if they could.  The free grace cookies allow new toons to be made and can run 2-3 days straight with grace, farming up to 3m+ adena each toon, maybe more with some lucky drops, without ever having to spend a single dollar or Euro.  With a 10 box limit, every hardcore player, no-lifer, RMT gamer, and adena farmer are running 10 toons per PC, and many have multiple PCs.  All of these toons are flooding the servers and causing the lag.  This is why the lag didnt start until the free Grace Cookies were added.  Before that, it wasnt worth it to run F2P adena farming toons with a 95% nerf, or even the 70% nerf if you are willing to spend $6/month for the Sayha Will.  The lag will fix itself when people start to quit.  Until then, just deal with it and keep donating like good little sheep.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheBride said:

Regardless of what Sunshine or any of the other GMs tell you, there is no solution to the lag.  They will not upgrade their server, even if they could.  The free grace cookies allow new toons to be made and can run 2-3 days straight with grace, farming up to 3m+ adena each toon, maybe more with some lucky drops, without ever having to spend a single dollar or Euro.  With a 10 box limit, every hardcore player, no-lifer, RMT gamer, and adena farmer are running 10 toons per PC, and many have multiple PCs.  All of these toons are flooding the servers and causing the lag.  This is why the lag didnt start until the free Grace Cookies were added.  Before that, it wasnt worth it to run F2P adena farming toons with a 95% nerf, or even the 70% nerf if you are willing to spend $6/month for the Sayha Will.  The lag will fix itself when people start to quit.  Until then, just deal with it and keep donating like good little sheep.  

I hit your post with a like because you are speaking big facts here.

The facts are, that Aden/Essence servers just don't work when you are floating at max population constantly.  EU Blue server had the same exact issue, which lasted for 3 months straight, and was never fixed. Because there was no fix for it. The only reason the situation eventually improved was when players quit due to the lag.

With that being said, there are 3 different options here:

1. Reduce the simultaneous client limit from 10 down to 3-5. (seems unlikely)
  2. Open the 3rd server (seems unlikely, but more likely than #1)
  3. Continue with how things are, until enough players quit and the problem fixes itself.

6 minutes ago, Enthused said:

With that being said, there are 3 different options here:

1. Reduce the simultaneous client limit from 10 down to 3-5. (seems unlikely)
  2. Open the 3rd server (seems unlikely, but more likely than #1)
  3. Continue with how things are, until enough players quit and the problem fixes itself.

1. I dont think this is possible.  They have built their entire platform around botting and RMT.  Limiting clients would affect their revenues across all their games.  How many people are still running bot trains on Classic while playing here?  It would also open them to huge liability of refund.  It's better for them if people just quit out of frustration

2. 3rd server will become same as the other 2 as long as 3 days of Sayha is given out just for playing

3. this is the way

Good morning, I play on blackbird, and because of server problems we suffered for days.

Once this problem has been overcome, I come here to question something that was commented on in the heat of the situation, the so-called "compensation" for us server players. Is there any news regarding this?

Please, I will be waiting for an answer.

• L2 Team
18 minutes ago, Chopper said:

@Sunshine can we unarchive the [BlackBird Only] Ongoing Server Lag Issue - August 2021 thread since the lag is back? Or maybe retitle it Aden Servers since both are experiencing it now

Just use this thread for all reports of lag/server down. If we need a server-specific thread, I'll create one from community-created threads. 

• L2 Team
1 hour ago, LophTa said:

Good morning, I play on blackbird, and because of server problems we suffered for days.

Once this problem has been overcome, I come here to question something that was commented on in the heat of the situation, the so-called "compensation" for us server players. Is there any news regarding this?

Please, I will be waiting for an answer.

The issues we're seeing continue to persist. We intend to compensate, but until the issue is fully resolved we're on hold for the compensation package.

whats the logic on that?
u only want to give 10 cookies one time and not each day/week as this issue persists?