Is it worth it for a new free 2 play player?

GenoBG

Hello,

I consider to start playing Lineage II and after reading some discussions I wonder if it is worth it for a free 2 play player?
I will play casually several hours per day, I don't want to rush leveling and I will not use the auto battle system.
With this conditions will it be ok to invest time in the game and how much powercreeped will I be?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

You can get to 105 relatively easily, even playing casually. From there you can decide if you get enjoyment out of wacking mobs casually alone for months or not. But 105 is a roadblock, you can't really expect to progress much from there playing casually and free. Even if  you autohunt 24/7 it will take you more than a month to get to 106. But realize you will be alone, you won't find parties (except maybe with people leveling their mentees in Coal Mines), sooner or later once the free soul/spiritshots the game gives run out you won't be making enough money by killing mobs to buy soul/spiritshots etc.

PS auto hunting is a help, don't view it negatively. Once you create your character it will take you 30-40 minutes to get to level 85, following the quest. At that point you will get a 7 day vitality rune. Auto hunting helps you take maximum advantage of that,  heck during exp events it's possible to 105 your main and dualclass in these 7 days. And no, there is no "content" before 107 really, so there's no point for you to linger at lower levels.

8 hours ago, GenoBG said:

Hello,

I consider to start playing Lineage II and after reading some discussions I wonder if it is worth it for a free 2 play player?
I will play casually several hours per day, I don't want to rush leveling and I will not use the auto battle system.
With this conditions will it be ok to invest time in the game and how much powercreeped will I be?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

depends what you want to get out of the game, but its meant to be an idler type game that runs 24/7 farming and earning xp.  its not built to be played 100% by hand for a few hours a day if you do not intend to run the characters after you are done playing.

as for free 2 play having fun, it really depends what you want from a gaming experience.  most parties are created to do dailies or setup afk xp.  dailies will be hard as a pure f2p toon unless you are support.

it is very much worth it  , the game has a lot of content and you can have a lot of fun doing the quests and exploring a new world , feoh wizards are their own mount via a spell  ...content . worth it .

im an f2p wizard here is a short list i hope i can post here , rapelzz has shut down loong has shut down ....

runes of magic ( rom ) ,there is a steam version .it is the most upgradable game of all time .
perfect world international ( pwi ) it is a system message spam machine .
forsaken world ( fw ) , this world requires you to be in a party .
lineage2 ( L2 ) ,unstoppable bots from staff and or owners and players ,also hackers . corrupt .
rappelz. ( rappelz ) awesome world .
last chaos ( LC ) it was the best game ever ...file gutted world .
dungeons and dragons online ( ddo ) directional keys for movement ,you have to buy the maps .
loong ( Loong ) almost turn based , worth looking at , ultra low player base .
world of warcraft ( wow ) free to play to level 20 . this is a pay to play game , however you can still play enough to get the idea . very cool .  

stay away from classic you want to play the real game , i assert that despite what is written it is still worth playing .

if you play in world ( ROM )  you will find me on the gameforge version putting newbie gear in the auction house for cost .

you will not get anything from l2s auction house for cost . it is all inflated to infinity and beyond you cannot get a 100 gold pair of boots for 100 gold in l2 it will be ten thousand gold and of course no newbie has more than 50 k .

i recently found a way to fix it it involves a LOT of farming and manipulation of the auction house by flooding the market with noob gear for insane low prices that cant go any lower because they are already as low as they can go .

then you keep doing it . and you do not stop .  prices all fall back to reality ... i got off subject . good luck . smiles ...

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend playing without buying at least the prestige pack (15$ subscription). But like other people have said already, you could definitely try to play in f2p mode until 105. You could check different classes,  play with macros, maybe do some Oly just for fun 😃 

Thank you so much again for the answers! Because of the great community that you are,  I decided to give it a shot.

But i faced a problem - I downloaded the NC Launcher and surprise - the only game I see is Blade & Soul and nothing else.
I live in Bulgaria, a country in Europe.

Any suggestions what to do, I saw some version of the game "4 game", but i read that they are not to be trusted.

Thanks again in advance!