Othell Half-Kill

Marsulici

Been playing othell for a long time and half-kill always worked as i remember > reduces current HP of mob by 50%. If the hp is full > goes to 50%, if the hp is 80% > goes to 40% and so on; same ass yul lethal.

I've noticed in the aslt 2-3 days that there is no system msg for half kill; did anyone else notice this ?
Also, to clarify, critical hit after skill means it critted the skill ?

12 minutes ago, Marsulici said:

Been playing othell for a long time and half-kill always worked as i remember > reduces current HP of mob by 50%. If the hp is full > goes to 50%, if the hp is 80% > goes to 40% and so on; same ass yul lethal.

I've noticed in the aslt 2-3 days that there is no system msg for half kill; did anyone else notice this ?
Also, to clarify, critical hit after skill means it critted the skill ?

What zone r u xping in? 

1 hour ago, Marsulici said:

Currently I'm in alligator island and my othell ( adv ) is 107, so white mobs.

as long as the mobs do not resist lethal or are immune to lethal (toi mobs are this way, you can see underneath their health bar). THe update could have changed the resists on the AI mobs.  I do not go there, so I will need to check after work.

Regarding lethal, it should still exist.  I will test some solo spots and sea of spores later to see if I see it.

As an othel, the majority of your dmg should 1 shot your target. If this is the case, you may be voiding the entire lethal aspect bc you killed the target in 1 shot.

Not the case to 1-shot for now; i still need to do 2 or even 3 stabs to kill each mob.
Sometimes i do 80-90% dmg with the first blow, but not that often.
Checked it now and mobs do not have lethal resist, but still no system msg for half-kill.

35 minutes ago, Marsulici said:

Not the case to 1-shot for now; i still need to do 2 or even 3 stabs to kill each mob.
Sometimes i do 80-90% dmg with the first blow, but not that often.
Checked it now and mobs do not have lethal resist, but still no system msg for half-kill.

i will test some later on.

the 90% 1 blow is a rear vital spot attack thats giving u the max dmg boost.  the lower dmg's are from front/etc.

I have tested quite a bit in a handful of different areas, used single and dual Daggers, and I am not getting half kill to appear. I've used heartbreaker, chain blow, and blood stab to test it.

I see critical, I see overhit, I never see half kill or lethal every referenced. Maybe half kill is a pvp only thing now? I have not tested pvp yet, I didn't look for it during oly. 

@Juji can you take a look at this? I wonder if yul is seeing the same... 

17 hours ago, Trivak said:

I think they neff  the  Othell class  the critical skill damage of Heart Breaker and Chain Blow are  lower.

I have not seen this. Crit dmg is calculated off other items, not the specific skill. It still crits each time. Can you give me details about what you are referring to? (xp zone, lvl, etc) 

Mobs got harder in mane places. So maybe you just do less dmg bc mob stats changed. 

15 hours ago, Vexi said:

Othel will be more deadly they said... now you know how deadly

Othel is still a fun and viable toon. We just need an answer on this half kill business. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 3:40 PM, iHyperlite said:

as long as the mobs do not resist lethal or are immune to lethal (toi mobs are this way, you can see underneath their health bar). THe update could have changed the resists on the AI mobs.  I do not go there, so I will need to check after work.

Regarding lethal, it should still exist.  I will test some solo spots and sea of spores later to see if I see it.

As an othel, the majority of your dmg should 1 shot your target. If this is the case, you may be voiding the entire lethal aspect bc you killed the target in 1 shot.

I see you don't know what its danger (even you 119lvl).  Low lvl dagers'.. not have items... aprox all dagers till 112lvl juts try to kill mob. its really not one shot - 2-6 hits. "One shot" start just when people get a lot expensive items, and its ALOT $

17 minutes ago, Ambicija said:

I see you don't know what its danger (even you 119lvl).  Low lvl dagers'.. not have items... aprox all dagers till 112lvl juts try to kill mob. its really not one shot - 2-6 hits. "One shot" start just when people get a lot expensive items, and its ALOT $

im 118, and have tested this extensively except in pvp.

wtf r u talking about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iHyperlite said:

im 118, and have tested this extensively except in pvp.

wtf r u talking about?

Because you all the time talking - "1 shot". No - not one shot. I lvl my small dager, I have some items. I know which dmg dager cant make. Now im 112, and from 105 till 112 - in game im not see/not met no 1 person who "one shot" the same lvl mobs at this lvl. Yes im with 112 easy can farm (no pots) westeland 117 and etc. But im not see no one who can make the same even in 111 -115 zonas. I just say - you don't know game reality. You have items better then 99% people who play with dager. Thats all.

And about dager tips - you writing alot wrong things.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ambicija said:

Because you all the time talking - "1 shot". No - not one shot. I lvl my small dager, I have some items. I know which dmg dager cant make. Now im 112, and from 105 till 112 - in game im not see/not met no 1 person who "one shot" the same lvl mobs at this lvl. Yes im with 112 easy can farm (no pots) westeland 117 and etc. But im not see no one who can make the same even in 111 -115 zonas. I just say - you don't know game reality. You have items better then 99% people who play with dager. Thats all.

And about dager tips - you writing alot wrong things.

Then don't follow my advice or posts. I'd also suggest trying to post your better ideas since you are so knowledgeable on othels. 

This thread is about the removal of half kill and lethal in pve. If you don't have anything to add to that subject, what are you trying to do here? 

If you dislike my posts that much, block me or do better. You say my input is wrong, but you don't provide any info about what info is wrong or what someone shoudl do better.

Also any dagger who lives in the 3 4 5 6 shot world to xp is failing hard. Keep going wasteland at 112 if that works for you.... 😜 

sorry for make a question in this topic but i see any daggers with knowledge here, i have a dagger toon with "Grim Reaper Possession Lv.2", the skill says,  "increase your Crit.Dmg. by 100% for 4 seconds" ... i used this skill thousands of times and never see more than 1 o 2 seconds... a debuff in the Mob..."  if this skill bugged ? or is a simple piece of shit that consumes soulstones for nothing..??   TY 

12 minutes ago, Kale said:

sorry for make a question in this topic but i see any daggers with knowledge here, i have a dagger toon with "Grim Reaper Possession Lv.2", the skill says,  "increase your Crit.Dmg. by 100% for 4 seconds" ... i used this skill thousands of times and never see more than 1 o 2 seconds... a debuff in the Mob..."  if this skill bugged ? or is a simple piece of shit that consumes soulstones for nothing..??   TY 

you get a self buff that is equivalent to counter crit from drum melody upon usage of grim reaper possession. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Brawd said:

From december 22 kr update:

Fixed the problem that the system message is not displayed when the half-kill effect is activated.

source: https://lineage2.plaync.com/board/l2awknupdate/view?articleId=215832&viewMode=list&size=20

Good catch. Our player base is better at sorting this stuff out than our dev team. Thanks.