Bring back the days when lineage was great

Almighty

Look...there's gonna be a lot of you that never experienced the real Lineage2 to comment and have negative opinions on this, which really shouldn't matter since you've (again) never experienced it..but I can tell you from playing all of it for the past 10 yrs, it's gotten so far out of touch that people are begging for it to turn back the time. Lineage2 was a huge success back in the first years and it's common sense of why it's not now. I get it..the company has to make money. This whole "free to play" speech is a non seller anymore. We know it's not free to play at it's full potential, so why not cut the crap and start doing a monthly subscription of different tiers and bring back the days of the old. Bring back when people could actually talk to each other before they're lvl 75..(which is insane) I mean seriously..who wants to join a game that you can't even met friend or ask questions etc.. it was all about growing up together in lvls. What happened to a "free" world where you had bad guys pking and you could call on your clan or friend and kill him for his expensive drops. Has this world became so butthurt that even a game has to be "pc" so feelings aren't hurt?? We need a free world gain and we need to be able to be free from start to finish and there will always be bad and good, so let the people choose how they want to play.  The game is wasting so much space in old towns where everyone crowds one main place..it used to be vibrant and busy in all places..there used to be crowds of all lvls in different towns..now it's race to lvl 85 so everyone can be in the same crammed areas.. Wake up and see this game is dying because it's flipping boring..we don't want free hand outs t every lvl. We want to make and sell our own things. We want less "government" and more freedom.  That's what makes you truly feel like you're playing in another world. This whole follow by numbers crap has killed this game.....let the negative responses begin..3..2...

I was playing Luna/Teon servers when Lineage2 was a great game, no it is all about the dollar mate! As you said, game was VIBRANT! There were ppl playing spoiler/crafter classes! All races/profs were so much more defined! The feeling of a Huge Magical World, where you could dive and play for 10-20-30 hours with friends, while having a skype conference call was amazing.. Players could enjoy the game in all levels, from lvl 1 to 85, every zone was full of people! Crafting, spoiling, farming, trading, raiding, pvp, pve WAS MUCH BETTER than now! I stil remember the pvp's in Kruma, mass pvps in TOI .. game was just better! 

Now greed has taken over and game experience is bad imo. Seems DEV's have no idea they ruin the game or they are just told/forced to come with all these idiotic PayToWin events. Game has been like that for a very long time! If you pay a lot - you are good // If you pay less - you suck // If you do not pay - you suck rly hard! 

In the past many top players were spending real money, BUT there were hardcore players who invested their time and were able to compete and even be better! The gap between players have never been that huge like nowadays! 

RIP L2 ... welcome - VISACARD fighters 

Lineage DEV team, you should be ashamed! There were other ways of you getting your dollar, not those idiotic OP items and - for a game ( Macrotransactions .. to be competitive you don't need 100-300-500-800 dollars here.. the price is in tens of thousands ... 10-15-20k +++++++ for PIXELS ) ... but I do not want to continue, lets see other ppl's opinions ! 

I agree with Almight and Argus...trully old ppl that played in a great times old l2....i remember when l2 was p2p and was the better age, bcs the BALANCE btw all players, i played it on lan houses with kbps speed of connection,  my cp i knew in real life most part of them ,6 from 9, and now all leave from game after it became so expensive without no1 motive. I tryied to bring one last week , he gets 90 and get out cuz he saw all e-commerce that its became.

All has became in automatic, since fishing till kill mobs , this is another point to nc nerf all things ingame and turn all in store and use it as excuse. Ppl thinks that adena directly on bag is good but its looking like that got more nerf ,idk. Why free to play items come from orient and turn in p2w here? It brokens game experience.......they dont think 1% about game experience, i guess most of nc employes build the car but they dont drive the car. 

On my city have to much sellers like ncsoft, they want to sell potatos for $100 each, and all knows potato dont costs $100, this is the logic of ncsoft about l2, they high prices themselfs to try to value your 14 years old direct x 1 game. If nc want use store button cheater, ok, but put cheap prices for all ppl, these one prices have no sense , all decent pack for 100 200 dollars? One VGA or console for month to survive ingame? Wtf !! this must cost $ 30 $ 40 at max the top packs.....Are pixels....

I returned after some years far from game for my college, i get 101 in 3 months , but now i have only mentor items and ppl dont want instances with mentor items, the only way to improve char is buying items on store and sell them sitting on the city when red libra is gone? Where is the craft sistem? Adena from mobs? Good items from k99? It drops lvl 3 mats.... Instance drops apearance scroll every mtfk day Pff so useless drops , on black desert i can say u can obtain " blessed valakas" killing a thousand of mobs or millions of them, but is a challenge that all can try, it promote pvp, here if u kill millions of mobs u never will buy an pve Weapon stone cuz will drop 100kk for 1 month killing mobs...and store items have max cap to sell there, for market control, but they dont have the l2 pvp style, olys, and i think wasd game is for fps.

But that is why orient servers are empty, they have more options of mmorpg there, and when it comes to ocidente just w8 for mass draw.

Atm im out till some miracle happen here or some old producer gm or etc return to fix l2 and get back old gameplay experience for fun, not for grab cash.

Just open eyes guys, top players all month need use visa to compete, non geared ppl is leveling but they know it is a time lost bcs without money u dont go anywhere.  Nc just give crumbs to us. I hoppe any day EA buy this game and fix it, cuz NC just just dont know how create a good content anymore. On their minds just have $$$$$$, items with 0.001% chance to enchant like these cloak ones....

just observe mobs from elf city now, guys , are garden of genesis mobs, they dont have mind to create new mobs, the just want ur money. Control C , Control V on mobs, plz nc. Plz fix the Store Age 2. Make it balanced, create intermediary players cuz the difference btw visa player and ftp player curve are so ridiculous. And Cm's , make this forum to help ppl, and hear and implement ingame ,cuz atm forum is a ufc fight for players when all of u watch and eat u freech fries at bed.

Turn Store age in Line age 2 again. Thx.

I second everything that has been said about the L2 Store scam, but i would also like to add the punishments for the people that cheat are a joke, a complete joke. 
You have GM's warning players a new anti-cheat system is coming and for that they should stop cheating (who in the right mind does that?)
You have players cheating for years, making videos and posting them on youtube OF THEM CHEATING and all they get is 3 days ban?  What's behind all that? Who is profiting from this and why can't we have a perma ban system for anyone that cheats/exploits the game, even if he cheats for only a single time.

I understand the sentiment but we should always understand is that Lineage2 for us is a geme that we play because we love it, but for them, (NCSOFT) this is a business that has to earn money in many different ways.

remember the EULA that we always see before the log in? It says there that everything that we own in our account is not actually ours, it belongs to them. They are giving us the privilege to play the game and it is not a right. We can ask, we can suggest, but we can’t demand because they actually own everything that we play with and enjoy everyday. 

Business is business and it will always stay that way. 

what they can do to strike a balance is just give players (those who don’t pay) an equal chance of everything agains those who do.

my suggestion is,

Maybe more events that does not need Real life money to enjoy or get good items. More drops, more adena, or a weekend warrior event where they give +50% exp,sp and drops every weekend. 

I don't want my thread to be mistaken for me suggesting we don't spend money on this game.  That's ultimately #1 to ncsoft.  My argument is they are completely getting away from the whole point of an r.p.g  I have no problem paying them for their services or xtras in game. I have a problem with them changing the game from a free "will" world to a "pc" and regulations after regulations world for the butthurt people.  Life is tuff and so should the game. It's a dog eat world and the strong willed survive..

I know the game was great in the past but let's not thing to much of the past and look forward for the future.

Sure, game is a little harder because the gap between new and old players but let's not forget that this is what makes the game nice (i mean the fact that u need to try so hard).

First u need to fix yourself goals then try to surpass them.Try to find a group/clan that fits you the best a group with witch u can achieve your goals.

In my opinion the game is nice as it is but you need to play it with the right persons and the right way, even if from time to time u need to buy some coins (let's don't forget that we throw away money on other junk also).

Just try to enjoy the game as it is today. 

Game always was hard and still is.
Game always was great and still is.
Game always had flaws and still has.

Biggest problem of today's L2: the lack of drops and free events (not Store promos). NCW must give more (or better: some...) reason to nonepaying players to play this thing at all and have the feeling to come ahead, and also make the game more newbie-friendly again. We need more ppl.
As these are all holy wishes that NCW will ignore as always, at least merge Naia + Freya.

20 minutes ago, OmenOfSteel said:

Game always was hard and still is.
Game always was great and still is.
Game always had flaws and still has.

Biggest problem of today's L2: the lack of drops and free events (not Store promos). NCW must give more (or better: some...) reason to nonepaying players to play this thing at all and have the feeling to come ahead, and also make the game more newbie-friendly again. We need more ppl.
As these are all holy wishes that NCW will ignore as always, at least merge Naia + Freya.

Depends, i'm ok to make it newbie friendly to make them discover the game easily and adict them to this game.
BUT, if it's too much newbie friendly, they will want the rest of the game content exactly like the start. Casual Friendly. Taking their hands to make them killing RB's / Dragons / Castle without giving any effort for that. And that, i don't want.

Make them understand that, if they start now, they will not beeing competitiv against 10 years playing toon. They will need at least a minimum of 6 months to 1 year to get half of what get this 10 years old playing toon. It's not playing 1h per days, and doing only dailies intances that will allow you to decrease the xp/items difference with high grade players.

12 minutes ago, Chrysty said:

if it's too much newbie friendly, they will want the rest of the game content exactly like the start. Casual Friendly. Taking their hands to make them killing RB's / Dragons / Castle without giving any effort for that. And that, i don't want.

don't worry, noobs will not take away your precious RB and Dragons and Castles, if anyone that gonna be MAX xD

1 hour ago, Chrysty said:

Make them understand that, if they start now, they will not beeing competitiv against 10 years playing toon. They will need at least a minimum of 6 months to 1 year to get half of what get this 10 years old playing toon. It's not playing 1h per days, and doing only dailies intances that will allow you to decrease the xp/items difference with high grade players.

6 months to 1 year? only speaking about leveling differences i hope.  Because in terms of equippment you are light years away.

I would like the forum to show the gear of each one and how much has already spent in the game, hence we would know why some people say that the game is good like this, simple.

Some can kill raids alone and make adena, others are in top monopoly that get all epics clans that recruit full pvp items 103+ and others only use their visa credit cheat cards to get level 105 in 1 week, these think the game is good, they are only egoists who do not realize the how everything is going to the marsh. Sad.

I completely agree about making it newbie friendly..and by that I mean make more enjoyable being a newbie by (as I said before) allow newbies to TALK..I understand you took this away because of boys shouting etc. I also understand that ncsoft is being lazy on a different type of fix from keeping boys from shouting, so instead they just took away the rights until a higher lvl. You're not going to get new people to stay if they can do nothing until lvl 75..let their be a florishing world again of lower lvls as well as higher levels. This all boils down to money and lazy game makers having more work to do imo.

5 hours ago, OmenOfSteel said:

don't worry, noobs will not take away your precious RB and Dragons and Castles, if anyone that gonna be MAX xD

Even if i was worried about that aspect, they cannot kill even lvl 101 with this shield.

4 hours ago, S2KinJa said:

6 months to 1 year? only speaking about leveling differences i hope.  Because in terms of equippment you are light years away.

Just come on Freya and ask Molensa how he did to be competitiv on end game PvP vs Max starting 6 months ago. It is possible. (mainly $$ i guess, legit or not is not the point). But yest usually one guy that don't spend 1 cent on this game will need a minimum of 1 year to get back the lvl difference, and about 1 year more to get half of the end game items.

4 hours ago, Nortewemko said:

I would like the forum to show the gear of each one and how much has already spent in the game, hence we would know why some people say that the game is good like this, simple.

Some can kill raids alone and make adena, others are in top monopoly that get all epics clans that recruit full pvp items 103+ and others only use their visa credit cheat cards to get level 105 in 1 week, these think the game is good, they are only egoists who do not realize the how everything is going to the marsh. Sad.

This could be really nice in fact, not how much Ncoins they spent. No point. But how much time they spent in game, and see their current equipment. And you will see how many years 80% of top toons spent in game to be where they actually are.

26 minutes ago, Almighty said:

I completely agree about making it newbie friendly..and by that I mean make more enjoyable being a newbie by (as I said before) allow newbies to TALK..I understand you took this away because of boys shouting etc. I also understand that ncsoft is being lazy on a different type of fix from keeping boys from shouting, so instead they just took away the rights until a higher lvl. You're not going to get new people to stay if they can do nothing until lvl 75..let their be a florishing world again of lower lvls as well as higher levels. This all boils down to money and lazy game makers having more work to do imo.

This will be fixed when NcSoft will release the last part of Salvation update. Leveling a toon from lvl 1 to 85 in 5 min, with a specitic path of few quests.

2 hours ago, Chrysty said:

This could be really nice in fact, not how much Ncoins they spent. No point. But how much time they spent in game, and see their current equipment. And you will see how many years 80% of top toons spent in game to be where they actually are.

This is valid if the player is here  since pre-GOD, but put feets on the floor , if one of those guys top end gear show how much ncois has been used, plz is ridiculous :D. I started at ramona server when it opened and in one week ppl had lvl 6 broochs , and 1 month had +10 sets and with pvp parts and farm all siege clans like a gremilin lvl 1 with 1 hit, the guy linked in the clan 20k Euro in items,...3, 4 guys has dominated all server market and bosses..... do you really believe that in 5 years playing it all day u will get any brooch lvl 6 with those items just in store?? if u can't pass lvl 99 with paulina set nowdays? do u understand that they killed all ftp mechanics from the game? Do u understand when u get near to buy your dream gear , will be another update with new 5% items with ridiculous prices that u need to buy thousand of dollars to get? 

Atm Ramona is dead, and the luck from ncwes was the numbers of servers working here, so merge was the solution to hide the "mass ppl out", but the moment that will be no more server to merge, and just some ppl to play against mobs like japan, they will not get any new player cuz ppl already knows about l2 fame.

2 hours ago, OmenOfSteel said:

Even HUSARIA can kill easy, and you think MAX can't? Oooooookay :P

WTF are you talking about ? ... Go check to who you speaking dude. And you will avoid this kind of non sense answer .. Open Youtube, and type "Chrysty" in search bar.

On 12/20/2017 at 10:20 AM, Chrysty said:

fact, not how much Ncoins they spent. No point. But how much time they spent in game, and see their current equipment. And you will see how many years 80% of top toons spent in game to be where they actually are.

No point? Ridiculous statement. I can AFK macro for years, and not be close to a whale in levels or gear. It would be overly evident to everyone immediately when you see $20,000.00 next to their name in NCoin accumulation. 

Don't worry, this will never be done as the entire system is to mess with your head to trigger you into buying more NCoin, and this would be counter intuitive towards that. 

To ALL: DO NOT BUY NCOIN, IT IS A SCAM, PLEASE GO USE AN EXTERNAL SITE IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BUY YOUR SKILL!

2 minutes ago, ChuckSteak said:

No point? Ridiculous statement. I can AFK macro for years, and not be close to a whale in levels or gear. It would be overly evident to everyone immediately when you see $20,000.00 next to their name in NCoin accumulation. 

Don't worry, this will never be done as the entire system is to mess with your head to trigger you into buying more NCoin, and this would be counter intuitive towards that. 

To ALL: DO NOT BUY NCOIN, IT IS A SCAM, PLEASE GO USE AN EXTERNAL SITE IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BUY YOUR SKILL!

cry me a river ... You seem's good at it

Was I crying? No, no I wasn't. Did I lay out a truth, yes, yes I did. Did you get scammed by NC? Spent a few dollars on that in game $kill? 

Look, I am not here to insult, flame, or spread fake news. I will always provide insights for my fellow community members. Whales and NC soft certainly wont do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always thought we're too far down the road to "go back", but that does not mean we cannot steer into a better destination. With some changes this game could be "great again", for starters review all this economy killing nonsense that it's been caused by drying up the world's currency and allow new players to become competitive with a modest investment. A lot more people would be willing to invest $250 in the game over a certain time period (1 year), than they are investing $25k in the same time frame. I get it, you'd need 100 of the small spending customers to make up for a whale, but no one ever said u can't have both!. 

Make the little tweaks that would count, for example: Remove XP loss for PvP; Make much more items available in game not through NPC shops but as game rewards, what harm could come if Baylor dropped a jewel chest or a lvl 0 cloak every now and then?; revive crafting and spoiling; Improve quest rewards; make more party instances (a K102, Kartia 100, Kartia 105, K105), you don't need to create a whole new instance just copy/paste the existing one with adjusted difficulty and rewards;  there are so many suggestions out there related to the little things that is just hard to grasp why they are not being tested/implemented. 

In posts like this, no CM / GM appear to take a look and talk to "community". Amazing! Now to post P2W events, they are too fast.

Do you know the difference between the official and a private server? None! They both want to take all the money you have.

Pay for $kills. #Peace

Archived