105 Instances and Events!

DarkStar

31 minutes ago, Kaneda said:

What part did you not understand that the problem is not the lvl of the mobs but the difficulty level that has increased significantly?

Stop trying to level others up based on your playtime or GEARS.

It's so hard that within the game MANY people are considering it as some kind of bug.

So why do you insist on questioning the abilities of others?

I'm not here asking for gifts or for mobs to die with 5 hits, just asking you to study the situation and take into account the reality of the MOST players on the server.

Thanks

But it's an intended change. It's like that for now in Korea too.

20 minutes ago, Kaneda said:

that's why I said that the case needs to be seen based on the reality of our server.

but you've just said:

1 hour ago, Kaneda said:

I'm not here asking for gifts or for mobs to die with 5 hits,

32 minutes ago, Fell said:

mas você acabou de dizer:

Who said that present is the only solution?

It is possible to find a level of balance in the difficulty of the instances, mainly in those that are made by beginners or players without expensive equipment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arthur said:

This game wasn't always DIFFICULT it was always DIFFERENT
This game is constantly changing, including the balance.
There were times in order to kill Ant Queen or Antharas it was necessary to gather about 7-10 clans, then 1 party began to beat Antaras
In Inerlude, Destroyers solo killed Raid Bosses, and if they took a bow in their hands, they were stronger than archers.

I have been trying for some time to convey to you an idea that does not reach you.
If we want the server to develop, so that new people would come and play here, then it is necessary that it be conditionally divided into 2 parts: 1 part of the game requires good equipment - these are Epics, Raid Bosses, Castle sieges - this is a struggle for dominance on the server
But there should be a part 2 of the game for comfortable development, the game should have a balance so that players reaching level 105 have an interesting game just like players 115+, otherwise you will play on this server with yourself.

105 is like 4 days, you expect to do what? end game content at that level? with no gear? cmon..

you see how you are contradicting yourself, in one hand you mention how a new player should be doing 110 content ( cuz 105 dailies have 110 mobs), on the other hand you compare that to a top party or a 1% destroyer that already HAD the gear, AT NO POINT IN L2 a toon that just started the game could solo raidbosses.

again, I cannot force you to see through my PoV but the logic is simple and its there, for 0 dollars you cant do anything, well you can, make a toon, and reach the 108 wall with exalted gear, run around and not get invited to any groups.

Since you are quoting about destros soloing bosses... lemme ask you this, what did the destroyer had to do to get to that level?

Are you forgetting the starter struggle in L2? or did you play random servers and then decided to come to official?

A level 61 destro could not solo a raidboss in +0 Top A grade in his level range. This all started when people had OE'd gear and used to pay 15$ per account, cuz I guarantee you these kind of players had Destro and a bd and a sws and a prophet/se or WC, that was easily 60$ month, 60$ a month for a year, was aroun 720$, this brings me back to a previous arguement that L2 was never cheap. 

Now take that 60$ and throw it in the game, it is roughly 70b, you know how much you can do with 70b on a brand new toon? thats like 5-6 items right there.  
chef money belt - 6b
greater kaliel bracelet 7.5b
an extra agathion to add to the blessed exalted set 5-8b
lv 2 artifact book, 2 yellow artifacts plus 10x lv1 artifacts 10b
2x +4 Red artifatcs for damage 24-28 bil

that is a good start,

next month an insanity and a 7s upgrade your artifact book to lv3 get another +4 Red artifact, 

next month a Dragon rind shirt and a +6 angels ring..

and you keep upgrading 105 -106 in Desert quary , 106 -108 in Phantasmal easy mobs for that type of gear, at 108 you can go Ivory tower crater till 110 or if you are a support class or have the gear join a Tanor group.

7 hours ago, Mete said:

at 112 with dragon weapons and a full live party you should be doing 110 dailies, not boasting about how you can 105 with effort

it's the equivalent of me at 122 bragging I can drag 6 boxes through 105 krofin without breaking a sweat. How e-mazing

and no 105 SHOULD NOT require dragon weapons to complete. A 109 party with ok gear in the R110 range  should be able to do them, otherwise call them all 115 dailies and be done with it

ps if 105 is the chronicle equivalent of level 40, you are basically arguing you should be 61 with full A grade to do .... your second class change quests

the level comparison was meant as a reference not take it literally and argue on the semantics.

Dude.. do you even read the patch notes?? It clearly states that 105 dailies HAVE 110 mobs. and once more, ingore the dailies, lets look at something else that did not change! 

Imperial Tomb, 105 level entry, why dont you complain about that? I mean they nerfed the XP and left the same difficulty used to be 5.1% at 105 and then half the amount after every level, now its 3.8% at 105 and half after every level.

Lastly, what is "OK" gear to you? this opens a whole new arguement...

@Arthur

For some reason I cannot edit my post so ill put a small edit down here:
(this refers to destroyers soloing bosses) 

lets also about how they got OE'd gear, there was always that one lucky guy that made a +7 weapon one tap, but to get more weapons you had to craft them, and spoil the materials and farm Ancient Adena AND PLAY BY HAND! of course there were people that chose the easy way to get adena. If you did not dedicate 12 hours a day in the game, you were not doing any progress.

1 hour ago, Connex said:

105 is like 4 days, you expect to do what? end game content at that level? with no gear? cmon..

you see how you are contradicting yourself, in one hand you mention how a new player should be doing 110 content ( cuz 105 dailies have 110 mobs), on the other hand you compare that to a top party or a 1% destroyer that already HAD the gear, AT NO POINT IN L2 a toon that just started the game could solo raidbosses.

again, I cannot force you to see through my PoV but the logic is simple and its there, for 0 dollars you cant do anything, well you can, make a toon, and reach the 108 wall with exalted gear, run around and not get invited to any groups.

Since you are quoting about destros soloing bosses... lemme ask you this, what did the destroyer had to do to get to that level?

Are you forgetting the starter struggle in L2? or did you play random servers and then decided to come to official?

A level 61 destro could not solo a raidboss in +0 Top A grade in his level range. This all started when people had OE'd gear and used to pay 15$ per account, cuz I guarantee you these kind of players had Destro and a bd and a sws and a prophet/se or WC, that was easily 60$ month, 60$ a month for a year, was aroun 720$, this brings me back to a previous arguement that L2 was never cheap. 

Now take that 60$ and throw it in the game, it is roughly 70b, you know how much you can do with 70b on a brand new toon? thats like 5-6 items right there.  
chef money belt - 6b
greater kaliel bracelet 7.5b
an extra agathion to add to the blessed exalted set 5-8b
lv 2 artifact book, 2 yellow artifacts plus 10x lv1 artifacts 10b
2x +4 Red artifatcs for damage 24-28 bil

that is a good start,

next month an insanity and a 7s upgrade your artifact book to lv3 get another +4 Red artifact, 

next month a Dragon rind shirt and a +6 angels ring..

and you keep upgrading 105 -106 in Desert quary , 106 -108 in Phantasmal easy mobs for that type of gear, at 108 you can go Ivory tower crater till 110 or if you are a support class or have the gear join a Tanor group.

Do you even know how to read what they write to you?
Why are you twisting my words?
I do not write that 105 player should bite mobs 110 lv
I WRITE that 105 players should have their own daily with lvl 105 mobs (call them Exalted Daily or whatever you like)

Is it really so difficult to understand that a layer of players 105-110 should have their own mobs and their daily ( for 105), at least based on ELEMENTARY LOGIC that all other levels have their own dailies .

Judging by the replies thus so far, there appears to be a near consensus that the mobs are overturned, but disagreements over how overturned they are.  I suppose part of the equation should involve how much they buffed the rewards. If the rewards are significantly better, maybe it's not bad the mobs are also much tougher.  Anyone who has done the dailies wanna weight in? 

Regardless, Some of the justifications for certain updates on this thread go along the lines of "but it was way worse before" is not a convincing argument. Lineage 2 is not competing with itself 15 years ago, it's competing with other titles that exist today.  Potential new players are not going to hear that feedback and think "oh wow, I never thought of that, guess I should stick around".  They are going to compare this with other things they've experienced. L2 is a business, part of the business is attracting and retaining new players and existing ones. So if you want to defend a certain update of feature, explain how it helps this, or how it keeps L2 west in business.

As far as what needs to be done to improve the game, there is plenty of constructive feedback here: https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/26137-lineage-ii-community-feedback-poll/  Complain about "complainers" all you want, but feedback is how developers improve the game. A multi billion dollar company does not need you to defend them from feedback. 

20 minutes ago, Arthur said:

Do you even know how to read what they write to you?
Why are you twisting my words?
I do not write that 105 player should bite mobs 110 lv
I WRITE that 105 players should have their own daily with lvl 105 mobs (call them Exalted Daily or whatever you like)

Is it really so difficult to understand that a layer of players 105-110 should have their own mobs and their daily ( for 105), at least based on ELEMENTARY LOGIC that all other levels have their own dailies .

the only thing you said was "  players reaching level 105 have an interesting game" which may imply what you are saying, however its open to any interpretation.

Again, part of your game is to figure things out eitehr on your own or as part of a clan. You could argue that the content now does not favor clans, therefore everyone is split in smaller clans, less drama and less possibility fo starting an unwanted war. Now with that in mind, if you join a clan, I am pretty sure people will help you out. 

I went to Aden in August of 2021... until that point, you would not get invited in Dailies unless you had gear, they lowered the difficulty and xp and now they increased it again.

The only reason we are arguing is simply because the changes do not always benefit us, as players. Finally, I think you are trying to argue simply because you cannot use as referrence previous updates/changes that took place with similar changes or past situations, cuz about a year ago, daylies were just as hard and still open to 105 level players, therefore your arguement in invalid.

ps. they were not AS HARD but you needed gear to do them. 

35 minutes ago, Valinakova said:

Judging by the replies thus so far, there appears to be a near consensus that the mobs are overturned, but disagreements over how overturned they are.  I suppose part of the equation should involve how much they buffed the rewards. If the rewards are significantly better, maybe it's not bad the mobs are also much tougher.  Anyone who has done the dailies wanna weight in? 

Regardless, Some of the justifications for certain updates on this thread go along the lines of "but it was way worse before" is not a convincing argument. Lineage 2 is not competing with itself 15 years ago, it's competing with other titles that exist today.  Potential new players are not going to hear that feedback and think "oh wow, I never thought of that, guess I should stick around".  They are going to compare this with other things they've experienced. L2 is a business, part of the business is attracting and retaining new players and existing ones. So if you want to defend a certain update of feature, explain how it helps this, or how it keeps L2 west in business.

As far as what needs to be done to improve the game, there is plenty of constructive feedback here: https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/26137-lineage-ii-community-feedback-poll/  Complain about "complainers" all you want, but feedback is how developers improve the game. A multi billion dollar company does not need you to defend them from feedback. 

100% agree with you.. this is how things should be, however there are a few things that NCwest simply do not care.

but lets for a second step back and see other games, specifically Korean MMO's

Have yuo played Black Desert? those of us who played in 2016-2018 saw a game that was grind oriented, with a totally efed up enchanting system which applies to this day and a ton of "convinience" microtransaction that offer QoL.

Recently Lost Ark was released, quest oriented game but with a LOT of dungeons, as it turns out this is also a grind oriented game, and the fun part is that you have to do it with multiple characters on the same account EVERY day.

Overall in Korean MMO's the grind is there as well as a certain level of difficulty.

Now all these games have something in common, once you get your MAIN character to a certain level, you get to farm certain areas, you start to have a certain income, which then can be used to buy better gear, or buy items for other toons.

but if you play for absolutely free, you are in for a world of hurt! In every game and that is the reality that people have to understand.

11 minutes ago, Connex said:

the only thing you said was "  players reaching level 105 have an interesting game" which may imply what you are saying, however its open to any interpretation.

Again, part of your game is to figure things out eitehr on your own or as part of a clan. You could argue that the content now does not favor clans, therefore everyone is split in smaller clans, less drama and less possibility fo starting an unwanted war. Now with that in mind, if you join a clan, I am pretty sure people will help you out. 

I went to Aden in August of 2021... until that point, you would not get invited in Dailies unless you had gear, they lowered the difficulty and xp and now they increased it again.

The only reason we are arguing is simply because the changes do not always benefit us, as players. Finally, I think you are trying to argue simply because you cannot use as referrence previous updates/changes that took place with similar changes or past situations, cuz about a year ago, daylies were just as hard and still open to 105 level players, therefore your arguement in invalid.

ps. they were not AS HARD but you needed gear to do them. 

No and no, I argue, because I care about the fate of the server, I am for the influx of new players and for their comfortable game here

Read my previous posts, I'm constantly puzzling over how to improve the server, I suggested a lot in the Suggestions section from opening new servers to placing competent advertising to popularizing the game Lineage 2 all over the world

We are all interested in not playing on an empty server.

Just now, Arthur said:

No and no, I argue, because I care about the fate of the server, I am for the influx of new players and for their comfortable game here

Read my previous posts, I'm constantly puzzling over how to improve the server, I suggested a lot in the Suggestions section from opening new servers to placing competent advertising to popularizing the game Lineage 2 all over the world

We are all interested in not playing on an empty server.

look i like the game, i really do.

If you are suggesting changes, thats great... but I have been around for quite some time and nothing that people suggest has ever been implemented, you want to operate on a dream world that they will hear what "we" suggest as players? please go ahead, until then I will keep on telling people how things are and the harsh reality they will face after 105.

a New server? are you for real? so what? people can run in exalted armors? Take the cost of maintaining one aside, do you know how long does it take for the economy to build? no items, people will be swiping their cards for shots, cuz at 105 you need about 40m/day foir shots and you make on average 29, with and eviscerator with blessed exalted set and PoM. 

With prestige you could be making close to 90 but you would have to kick your buffer out of group, there are so many details that people do not take into account, the you would lose PoM which would require you some sort of buffs, which the could result in a Dominator for out of party buffs, which would then increase the cost of adena per day for supplies because of the extra spirit ore.

I can think and calculate every possible permutation that a new player can benefit from and the only one i came up with is Evis and PoM so there is absolutely no benefit to start to a new server that has no economy.

We all have ideas, I can thing of a dozen implementations that could benefit every player but out of the 12, only one might be actual benefitial.

1 hour ago, Connex said:

look i like the game, i really do.

If you are suggesting changes, thats great... but I have been around for quite some time and nothing that people suggest has ever been implemented, you want to operate on a dream world that they will hear what "we" suggest as players? please go ahead, until then I will keep on telling people how things are and the harsh reality they will face after 105.

a New server? are you for real? so what? people can run in exalted armors? Take the cost of maintaining one aside, do you know how long does it take for the economy to build? no items, people will be swiping their cards for shots, cuz at 105 you need about 40m/day foir shots and you make on average 29, with and eviscerator with blessed exalted set and PoM. 

With prestige you could be making close to 90 but you would have to kick your buffer out of group, there are so many details that people do not take into account, the you would lose PoM which would require you some sort of buffs, which the could result in a Dominator for out of party buffs, which would then increase the cost of adena per day for supplies because of the extra spirit ore.

I can think and calculate every possible permutation that a new player can benefit from and the only one i came up with is Evis and PoM so there is absolutely no benefit to start to a new server that has no economy.

We all have ideas, I can thing of a dozen implementations that could benefit every player but out of the 12, only one might be actual benefitial.

Why are you picking on my words you are a troll?
We are not discussing the opening of a new server here, but the availability of the current server for new players

You position yourself as a seasoned old gamer, but you don't know the game when you say only d0nate can play it.
I know many players who have not invested a single dollar in this game at all and nevertheless play on an equal footing with everyone

Study this game yourself before you write and teach me. People like you can only spit and find fault and brag.

10 minutes ago, Arthur said:

Why are you picking on my words you are a troll?
We are not discussing the opening of a new server here, but the availability of the current server for new players

You position yourself as a seasoned old gamer, but you don't know the game when you say only d0nate can play it.
I know many players who have not invested a single dollar in this game at all and nevertheless play on an equal footing with everyone

Study this game yourself before you write and teach me. People like you can only spit and find fault and brag.

Are you for real?

this is your wording: 

" I suggested a lot in the Suggestions section from opening new servers "

At some point you will have to spend $$, maybe not right now but eventually, also playing for free that takes EFFORT, PATIENCE and TIME, none of which people that post are willing to do.

Make mentees sell the mentee coins, do Oly with those mentees and sell books and all the low level crap you have to deal with. People are not willing to put in the effort, its easier to post something on forums and complain about it, rather than play the game.

Also, to run more than 3 clients, you need more than 1 PC, which is fine if you have some older machines but if not, then you will have to buy a 120$ PC to run 3 more clients, 
it all comes down to time vs money.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Before the update, I was able to wipe out Baylor and Kamaloka Bosses with 1 BR,. 

Now with even upgraded set (+20 Blessed Exalted Armor) and upgraded weapon (+21 Blessed Exalted) I hit Baylor for 43 dmg and Baylor hits me between 12 000 and 13 000 dmg. When we compare 43 with 12 000 we might conclude that something is wrong, don't you think? @Hermes

8 hours ago, DarkSingularity said:

Baylor and Kama are now as difficult as i remember them being when they first introduced them.

It's way more difficult now, an average tank could handle baylors, now it's game over when they go berserk.

As for kama, mobs did not have such crazy HP regen, also my tank's lvl111 provoke aura does not work on them, they keep hitting the dds.

On 3/26/2023 at 5:05 PM, Duardin said:

Hello, 

Before the update, I was able to wipe out Baylor and Kamaloka Bosses with 1 BR,. 

Now with even upgraded set (+20 Blessed Exalted Armor) and upgraded weapon (+21 Blessed Exalted) I hit Baylor for 43 dmg and Baylor hits me between 12 000 and 13 000 dmg. When we compare 43 with 12 000 we might conclude that something is wrong, don't you think? @Hermes

they game was not designed to be played with exalted sets, especially to use that gear to "solo" an instance... lol

On 3/17/2023 at 8:47 PM, Connex said:

so here is the deal.. 

I am a very old player that has returned to the game, comparing the game now to what it was in 2006 or 2007. things are way better now and I can write an entire essay about that. Instead ill give you a few bullet points to compare. I have played form 2005 to 2015 at the highest level, winning everything there is to win, having the most fun you could have.

Let me say that back in the day when you started the game, you had a naked toon to begin with. No exalted gear, no 400k shots nothing, mobs were dropping 7 adena in the starter areas and md No grade weapons were 40k with top ones being 200k.  Porting was 3000 adena and a ticket from Taliking island 18-20k for a level 20 player. 

The "absurd" princing, the low drop rates and all that are not new! Most people had at least 2 accounts if not 3 at least, 45$ per month, and most of the times, the progress was little to none. 

Those who did not quit were able to follow the gear updates, the rest that stopped myself included, have to play catch up, knowing is half the game and I can guarantee you there are a lot of info I am missing but i can tell you this. Personally, I do not hate, but for the past 19 years, complaining has brought no results/ improvements whatsoever so the sooner you realise it the faster you will move on.

Obviously a level 108 player does not make the same adena as a 112 and the same with the 115 ones. In short, 105 is the new 40, 110 is the new 61, 115 is the new 76 and 120 is the new 80, for those that are stuck in the C5 era. 

Lastly, I will rephrase your last sentence, the snowflakes have left the game, people with thicker skin are still around. I just dont sugarcoat things and rather tell the truth in your face.

What you should take from this is that people with patience and determination will keep on playing the game, whether you like it or not, the game has a good 10+ years ahead, there are 2 more dragons !

PS. if you played the game for a long time adding the value of the 2,3 or 4 accounts into Ncoin, you would be 117+ and be able to farm, 30-40bil a week. 

PS2. For obvious reasons, adena is non existant in lower level areas BUT you can easily make 3,5bil a month, that can cover porting around/shots and still save 3b.

the difference is now to make a somewhat good gear u need to pend more than u needed back then

52 minutes ago, fademist said:

the difference is now to make a somewhat good gear u need to pend more than u needed back then

you cant compare that... back in the day you had 4 or 5 pieces of armor, 5 jewels and a weapon with 1 SA vs now that you have 59 different slots to fill, collections, forgotten.

Well i have fairly good gear; how come I do more damage per hit on 115 Baylor than the 105 Baylor.  Just curious.  I only use to do 105s for my boxed toons because i didnt have  a tank to keep damage off me for 110.  Today i did 115 same buffs with a full part and was easier than the 105s lol\

Also why is the 115 Isle of Souls the same adena as the 110?

12 hours ago, Connex said:

they game was not designed to be played with exalted sets, especially to use that gear to "solo" an instance... lol

Wrong again! 

We are talking about 5-7 chars with full exalted equipment @ max ++++ enchants and it should be made it in that way to be easy for the new players who don't have top equipment in game to go Dailies 105 and earn some decent XP and rewards from Venusta boxes. 

15 minutes ago, Duardin said:

Wrong again! 

We are talking about 5-7 chars with full exalted equipment @ max ++++ enchants and it should be made it in that way to be easy for the new players who don't have top equipment in game to go Dailies 105 and earn some decent XP and rewards from Venusta boxes. 

ok forget the difficulty or a second.

Why are you glorifying blessed exalted sets? why do you believe that those sets are the solution or should be the solution?

Pdef alone does not matter if you do not meet the element breakpoints, and those sets are 3x 120, you can have 40k pdef with 700 element resist and 35k pdef with 1300 element resist, guess who will take less damage?