Main Support Rare?

JibirilShiro

I'm wondering if I should play support has main char. I know a lot going say play what you like but I don't want to play class where I try to party and people deny me say we don't need we have our alt support buffing us. 

Does anyone know a guild that's going be doing a lot of party grind that would need one, figure also with main support easier help other class I want to try ;p. Think Sword Singer I seen people need that or maybe different one, still hell to pick one don't want restart 100 times. 

People won't appreciate live support until later in the game. BD/SWS don't get a single party buff until Lv 40. SE/EE don't get recharge until 28. Bishop doesn't get good heals until 40. PP was always a box class. WC's take a long time to develop. And that's when they begin to be useful. They aren't finished until well into the 50's. If pots and buffs are available in the Cash Shop (unknown as of this post) then people will want to push their DD's high level and F support.

If you want to play support, find a CP. 

4 minutes ago, Bluephies said:

People won't appreciate live support until later in the game. BD/SWS don't get a single party buff until Lv 40. SE/EE don't get recharge until 28. Bishop doesn't get good heals until 40. PP was always a box class. WC's take a long time to develop. And that's when they begin to be useful. They aren't finished until well into the 50's. If pots and buffs are available in the Cash Shop (unknown as of this post) then people will want to push their DD's high level and F support.

If you want to play support, find a CP. 

u right , sws are hard to xp coz none want u until u get hunter ... my own experiance in classic . but i will do it again :)   or even more harder i will play OL !

4 hours ago, JibirilShiro said:

When I played long ago I did SE with SS for mana recharge but not sure what DD be good for SWS if I go that route, so many classes it hard trying pick one.  Least I got little while decide before server is live. 

you can level up a SWS to 60 with a buffer behind it. After that it's painful. But many will find all levels of classic painful.

I been reading on reddit and forums seems a lot of people talking about support going be mainly boxing accept in sieges has you mention, I seen people rather box support while grinding since they can keep all the loot themselves saying why should I share loot if they only good is to buff sit down and then buff again. I know I'm beating around the bush on this subject, do support damage really suck in grinding?

One GM said on forum they looking to get rid of macro looping all together not sure if it is going happen but think that would help with support mains? Reason is debating just boxing like everyone else if it's going be pain in butt -__-.  Going be one of those last minute debate on what class to play like a lot of people probably, look at the class skill tree kinda wondering on summoners are they bad? 

Support character's damage was always good at early levels and since it takes longer to level and the monsters being more challenging, I am hoping that support characters will be in more demand. I remember early days of L2 if you owned blessed soul shots you were rich and I spent a lot of time on my butt healing hp, it would of been nice having a support character in party back in the good old days, hopefully L2 will make classic reboot more hardcore rather than everyone gets tons of soul shots and buffs because we don't want people to struggle. Maybe if macros did not exist then support characters would be even more valuable.

54 minutes ago, Ruby said:

Are Shillien Elders bad or something? Aren't they the only support class that gives Empower?  Regards

Yes, but you can buy 20 minute buff stews with 1lvl Empower from NPC for fishing items, and 1lvl Vampiric rage as well.

If you want to play shillien elder, you will be healer+recharger+debuffer for meele parties. Stigma - +50% meele dmg, (AOE stigma, mass recharge, PoW adds 10-20% dmg vs raid bosses - next updates after release).

SE is not a buffer now. Yes, you have buffs, but this is not your role in the party. However, if you need just a boxed buffer, SE could be good choise for spoiler and mages.

6 hours ago, Ruby said:

Are Shillien Elders bad or something? Aren't they the only support class that gives Empower?  Regards

SE is good for giving empower, that's about it. It's fine as a boxed buffer if you're going a mage but you dont want it to be your main class. If you want to be a healer or healer/buffer go Bishop or EE.

12 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

SE is good for giving empower, that's about it. It's fine as a boxed buffer if you're going a mage but you dont want it to be your main class. If you want to be a healer or healer/buffer go Bishop or EE.

But on 70+ every single meele party want SE, because its +50% dps. So its not so bad, and in last patches in Korea SE got some buffs to be valuable in mage parties as well.

7 minutes ago, Kladroun said:

But on 70+ every single meele party want SE, because its +50% dps. So its not so bad, and in last patches in Korea SE got some buffs to be valuable in mage parties as well.

That's like forever away and any SE main will have long quit by then. 

Archived