QUESTION: European Players Ping

Sung

Atm the NCWest Servers Ping is horrible for EU players, so there goes my question:

Where is the servers gonna be located? (specially Giran GMT +1, which is gonna have MANY EU players)

Hope u guys can locate it in a better place to reduce the ping for us, or create some proxy or something, i have no idea of such things, but dont ignore it, coz servers are gonna have a lot of EU players.

Cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my cp having 300++ ping from EU, with wtfast + leatrix it goes down to 140ms, but that's still annoying

Note: what's the point in opening a server with GMT +1 (Spanish timezone, so EU) and locating server on texas? they located server in Germany b4 for Naia time ago, hope they can give some info/answer about this @Juji

4 minutes ago, Sung said:

All my cp having 300++ ping from EU, with wtfast + leatrix it goes down to 140ms, but that's still annoying

Note: what's the point in opening a server with GMT +1 (Spanish timezone, so EU) and locating server on texas? they located server in Germany b4 for Naia time ago, hope they can give some info/answer about this @Juji

To explain it plainly, it would be both illegal and unprofittable to put a server in europe, seeing that the distribution rights for that zone are already bought (innova), and they can't have a feasible projection of what the euro player base (and profitability) will be.

As for the main reason for your post, let me remind you that no one is forcing you to play in the NA servers, you accept all the details of playing in another region when you make the choice of playing there.

I know it sounds like the average "ohh get rekt go back to innova" bs, but as dumb as that answer could be, it still holds some merit from a technical standpoint.

19 minutes ago, Sung said:

wtfast did not help lag for me, only battleping with texas servers, give the free version a try and see.

40 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

To explain it plainly, it would be both illegal and unprofittable to put a server in europe, seeing that the distribution rights for that zone are already bought (innova), and they can't have a feasible projection of what the euro player base (and profitability) will be.

As for the main reason for your post, let me remind you that no one is forcing you to play in the NA servers, you accept all the details of playing in another region when you make the choice of playing there.

I know it sounds like the average "ohh get rekt go back to innova" bs, but as dumb as that answer could be, it still holds some merit from a technical standpoint.

and that's why i tagged juji, dont care about your opinion but his opinion :)

• L2 Team

What VerCenn said was basically on point. Classic servers like our Live servers will be located in North America.  We only officially support North America and Latin America. We have not deterred others from playing on our service, but we also do not allow certain countries to register accounts with us. If you are not from NA or LatAm there are limitations and risks playing on our service including inconvenient maintenance time, high latency, currency exchange, etc.

5 minutes ago, Hime said:

What VerCenn said was basically on point. Classic servers like our Live servers will be located in North America.  We only officially support North America and Latin America. We have not deterred others from playing on our service, but we also do not allow certain countries to register accounts with us. If you are not from NA or LatAm there are limitations and risks playing on our service including inconvenient maintenance time, high latency, currency exchange, etc.

So you stating that servers will be the same 100%? is that an official answer? coz its what im lf, and im getting nothing but opinions i think, WILL NCWEST NOT SUPPORT EU players high ping somehow?

Classic Euro's will have the same rights & services as Original L2 aka use BattlePing / WTFast etc. or go play Innova

not sure why you even bother with this topic as it has always been like that for aslong as L2 exist and from the moment Lineage 2 & Classic got licensed to Innova for EU & RU Regions NCWest can't do anything about it either.

to be clear that's not an opinion but a fact

9 minutes ago, Sung said:

so many ppl working for ncwest >_<

So, basically your stance is

"I'm asking something, but Im gonna keep asking until someone validates my point of view"

A member of NCwest already answered your question, and as much as you might not like the answer, it's the only answer you're gonna get because is the right answer

So, no further point in bumping this thread

@Sung, stop being ignorant lmao..

some of the people posting here are Euro and have been playing for years or like myself since Closed Beta aka December 2003 and guess what that these questions ain't new.. you're not even number 100..

Hime explained it from Official NCWest point of view and others have explained the reality behind it.

Feel free to try to escalate it as guess what the worst case scenario out come is here.. that Innova will force NCWest to IP block all EU countries just like has been done with China & CIS / RU etc. and to be very clear this has been done before when RU / CIS were blocked - existing RU / CIS players could & can  still login but not create anymore new accounts..

22 hours ago, Hime said:

@Hime i don't want to be rude, but why than you start server in GMT+1 which supports only European time zones with ping 200 ms to Europe? :D Does it make any sense for you? :D Can you guys be more professional?

7 minutes ago, Minus said:

@Hime i don't want to be rude, but why than you start server in GMT+1 which supports only European time zones with ping 200 ms to Europe? :D Does it make any sense for you? :D Can you guys be more professional?

Bro! What is your end game here? NCSoft West have always had their NA servers open for EU players even though they don't officially support it. They don't support the EU. Period. But we can play and we have done that since 2004 with no problems. So please don't make them block EU IPs. Play at your own risk and accept a worse ping or simply don't play these servers at all.

1 hour ago, Zaaka said:

Bro! What is your end game here? NCSoft West have always had their NA servers open for EU players even though they don't officially support it. They don't support the EU. Period. But we can play and we have done that since 2004 with no problems. So please don't make them block EU IPs. Play at your own risk and accept a worse ping or simply don't play these servers at all.

So, do you think it is professional to start game server in 2018 year with ping 200 ms? And don't say it's not for Europe when they set Europe time zone :D 
I don't want to be rude and offend anybody i am just frustrated because i wish to play this server and spend some money here but not like this with delays... Dude its 2018 year!

8 minutes ago, Minus said:

So, do you think it is professional to start game server in 2018 year with ping 200 ms? And don't say it's not for Europe when they set Europe time zone :D 
I don't want to be rude and offend anybody i am just frustrated because i wish to play this server and spend some money here but not like this with delays... Dude its 2018 year!

Severs have to be located somewhere in the world.... how retarded can you be. For the first time in years a major server is located in the states instead of europe calm your tits. We have had to deal with ping issues and batttleping vpns in order to compete the whole time. Suck the bleep up and pay the 6 bucks a month for battle ping and you will be fine.....jesus 

Archived