Out of Soulshots

Grazzt

Hello guys !

I'm really glad to be able to play on this Classic server, it reminds me of the good old days when I started playing Lineage II as my first MMO !

Anyway, I find myself running out of Soulshots very fast on my warriors characters (I don't have that much of a problem with Spiritshots on my magic-users),  do you have the same problem or am I doing something wrong ?
And how do you handle this situation ?
I know I could just buy Soulshots at a store, but they're quite expensive...

Thanks !

Everyone has this problem. Adena rates are throttled (to something like 25%), to control adena selling and inflation I presume, but the store prices are for 100% of cost price. Hence, you cannot afford to buy shots with the adena you make from XPing unless you XP with no shots (which isn't very fun) - or you're in a mage AoE party or similar. 

14 hours ago, Valdie said:

Yes, but best way to level right now is to find a party.

Hmm ... well, my playing times are a bit erratic, so that might not be that easy...

From what I'm trying to understand from the guy who posted just above, does that mean that you can buy Soulshots and Spiritshots with real money from the NCSoft cash shop ?
That would be ... a real pay-to-win advantage, right ?

I set SoulShots on F2 and use them sporadically or just before using a skill to have best benefit from it.
I bought once a pack of soulshots in the NCStore... but I think the price is too high.

Not on lvl20 I can slowly effort some nograde shots... but still not automatic^^

It's ok dude. There's nothing wrong with it, we all are in the same boat.

Im sorry but let me tell you the reality.

SS are a LUXURY ITEMS nowdays and that's what people don't understand (criers). They are used with another reality wich has nothing to do with the classic version.

"" It will stop beeing a luxury when you have access to drops/crystals and a  crafter wich ussualy provides it a clan/party""

You should use them (at least for now) ONLY for PVP/RAID. If you wana lvl up a bit faster use them ONLY when you're about to strike an overhit with a skill (that's what I did with my quests and I still have 2K+ SS so far).

You'll reach at lvl 20 with enough potions and SS ready to explore new zones with your brand new class.

WHAT IS THE MOST COMMON THING in a classic server?--> 20+LVL with NG.

Just think about it a bit. The max lvl cap is 70 ( if im not wrong).  You get B grade mastery at lvl 52 so you have plenty of lvl/time to reach that gear goal.

Please dont expect to wear B grade when you just barely reached the lvl or you'll feel bad. Same goes for D/C grades.

At lvl 55+ you start farming B grade eficiently , maybe at 50+ with a very strong clan or an awesome party.

Classic is hardocre. Period.

5 hours ago, dorukasama said:

It's ok dude. There's nothing wrong with it, we all are in the same boat.

Im sorry but let me tell you the reality.

SS are a LUXURY ITEMS nowdays and that's what people don't understand (criers). They are used with another reality wich has nothing to do with the classic version.

"" It will stop beeing a luxury when you have access to drops/crystals and a  crafter wich ussualy provides it a clan/party""

You should use them (at least for now) ONLY for PVP/RAID. If you wana lvl up a bit faster use them ONLY when you're about to strike an overhit with a skill (that's what I did with my quests and I still have 2K+ SS so far).

You'll reach at lvl 20 with enough potions and SS ready to explore new zones with your brand new class.

WHAT IS THE MOST COMMON THING in a classic server?--> 20+LVL with NG.

Just think about it a bit. The max lvl cap is 70 ( if im not wrong).  You get B grade mastery at lvl 52 so you have plenty of lvl/time to reach that gear goal.

Please dont expect to wear B grade when you just barely reached the lvl or you'll feel bad. Same goes for D/C grades.

At lvl 55+ you start farming B grade eficiently , maybe at 50+ with a very strong clan or an awesome party.

Classic is hardocre. Period.

I agree with this entirely. I wish it wasn't able to be bought with IRL money however. Wish it were purely this reality.

On 7.10.2018 г. at 5:53 PM, Grazzt said:

Hello guys !

I'm really glad to be able to play on this Classic server, it reminds me of the good old days when I started playing Lineage II as my first MMO !

Anyway, I find myself running out of Soulshots very fast on my warriors characters (I don't have that much of a problem with Spiritshots on my magic-users),  do you have the same problem or am I doing something wrong ?
And how do you handle this situation ?
I know I could just buy Soulshots at a store, but they're quite expensive...

Thanks !

Dont use SS from lvl 1 to lvl 20. Use them smart. If you are 9 ppl party you dont have to spend a single shot... its just not worth it.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:23 PM, MrAkorazado said:

they have modified drops, adena and spoils rate to push you to buy ncoin, and then go to the shop to buy ss, same old ncsoft

This is exactly what those "classic is hardcore" people don't realize...

I've played the original Lineage II (way back in 2004 iirc), and yes at first we didn't have SS, not because we couldn't afford them, but because they didn't exist.
When they introduced the SS, the drops of Adena, mats and spoil were enough for us to buy those SS in shops or through those sitting dwarves in the beginner's villages.

The difference here is that they modified the drops in this version, and we are indeed too poor to buy SS, so if we want to feel like we felt in the original L2 days when there actually were SS ingame, we pretty much have to buy them with real money.

Smart move from NCSoft, and even smarter move to get some people to defend them on that :S

Archived