Offline Shop Why Not?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:01 AM, OficialneMON said:

I see a lot of stores in the game, I think it's a good part of the number of people logged in. Why not deploy the offline store so others can get to play?

Vote in the poll to know the opinion of the players: https://strawpoll.com/87c323ph

In fact very good idea. On the private servers all the problems listed above are already fixed. The offline shop does not count as an online player, but as NPC. So that wil really free a lot of space and reduce significantly the queue.

It is in general smart solution. Why a player should stay AFK taking the place of another player, when the shop could be offline?

10 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

In fact very good idea. On the private servers all the problems listed above are already fixed. The offline shop does not count as an online player, but as NPC. So that wil really free a lot of space and reduce significantly the queue.

It is in general smart solution. Why a player should stay AFK taking the place of another player, when the shop could be offline?

Just auctioner to sell your shit :)

Just now, WutWutWut said:

Just auctioner to sell your shit :)

Indeed, but there is not auction. This is a smart solution, and it is made on the private servers for a reason, as they have much limited resources. Yes, you may have lag in certain areas - depends on your PC and connection speed, but this is a lag from many NPCs on one place. This is also fixable - on the private servers they made harbors exclusive trade zones for offline shops.

Just now, Poultrygeist said:

No, there is a technical side that you do not seem to understand. And making a poll will not change that.

Obviously you do not understand the technical side. As I say - the offline shop is NPC, it is not a player.

Just now, Poultrygeist said:

You just proved my point

Dude, hundreds of servers use that as solution for queue, but you think you are smarter? Your point is stupid nonsense. It is too much private - is not a valid argument. It is working, and this is the only important thing. The offline shops will free a lot of space. Maybe you do not know, but when you use the offline shop command, you are automatically disconnected from the server. That is how it works.

Just now, Ikcen said:

Dude, hundreds of servers use that as solution for queue, but you think you are smarter? Your point is stupid nonsense. It is too much private - is not a valid argument. It is working, and this is the only important thing. The offline shops will free a lot of space. Maybe you do not know, but when you use the offline shop command, you are automatically disconnected from the server. That is how it works.

Here's where you little theory gets blown up. Yes, hundreds of L2J servers use this, yes hundreds of server with code specific hooks that are injected into the server code use this. NCSOFT DOES NOT USE BULLSHIT L2J, NOR extenders for their code. Learn the difference between legit code and L2J.

Just now, Arinulis said:

Here's where you little theory gets blown up. Yes, hundreds of L2J servers use this, yes hundreds of server with code specific hooks that are injected into the server code use this. NCSOFT DOES NOT USE BULLSHIT L2J, NOR extenders for their code. Learn the difference between legit code and L2J.

Not only Java servers. L2J - is java based server. But all the private servers use it. I mean you have not any valid argument against the offline shops. Even one. So you start to imagine false arguments. There is not any technical reason that prevents the offline shops here. To implement offline shops here will be as easy as the last patch they made. It is easy and effective, that is why all the private servers use it.

Why NCSoft do not? Well most of their servers are not very populated so the queue is not a big problem. And if they count the AFK players as active players, they get better statistics - I'm only guessing.

Just now, Ikcen said:

Not only Java servers. L2J - is java based server. But all the private servers use it. I mean you have not any valid argument against the offline shops. Even one. So you start to imagine false arguments. There is not any technical reason that prevents the offline shops here. To implement offline shops here will be as easy as the last patch they made. It is easy and effective, that is why all the private servers use it.

Why NCSoft do not? Well most of their servers are not very populated so the queue is not a big problem. And if they count the AFK players as active players, they get better statistics - I'm only guessing.

Do you realize the amount of code rewrites it would take to add this functionality? Do you think we haven't wanted something like this since 2003? Let me explain to you what would need to be done. First they would have to send the suggestion to NC Korea, who would then have to allocate a programming team to implement this fix in their code. Then it would need to be tested for months on end and finally sent to NCWest to be tested and pushed via a patch. In the end, it's just not happening.

18 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

Do you realize the amount of code rewrites it would take to add this functionality? Do you think we haven't wanted something like this since 2003? Let me explain to you what would need to be done. First they would have to send the suggestion to NC Korea, who would then have to allocate a programming team to implement this fix in their code. Then it would need to be tested for months on end and finally sent to NCWest to be tested and pushed via a patch. In the end, it's just not happening.

30 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

Learn the difference between legit code and L2J.

- and what is the difference :) I do not know a computer language named "legit", maybe there is one, but I doubt L2 Classic servers use it. You have no idea what you are talking about obviously. Yes, I realize the amount of time. About 20 minutes on PHP. It took more time to implement and test the code - 1,5 hours to be exact. And they did not ask NCSoft Korea as they did not change anything in the game code. The change was only on the US/EU logging servers. Also - tested for months? This is not a new medicine dude. How stupid you should be to write they tested for months the patch? I mean this statement shows not only lack of understanding, but also of any logic.

Well for the offline shops they will change the game code, so that probably will take more time - maybe few days as there will be bureaucratic issues with NCSoft Korea.

16 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

- and what is the difference :) I do not know a computer language named "legit", maybe there is one, but I doubt L2 Classic servers use it. You have no idea what you are talking about obviously. Yes, I realize the amount of time. About 20 minutes on PHP. It took more time to implement and test the code - 1,5 hours to be exact. And they did not ask NCSoft Korea as they did not change anything in the game code. The change was only on the US/EU logging servers. Also - tested for months? This is not a new medicine dude. How stupid you should be to write they tested for months the patch? I mean this statement shows not only lack of understanding, but also of any logic.

Well for the offline shops they will change the game code, so that probably will take more time - maybe few days as there will be bureaucratic issues with NCSoft Korea.

There you have your answer. The server code is different than web code, they cannot be compared. L2J is shit code, legit server code, moron is what NC Korea uses. Hence, learn the difference.

10 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

There you have your answer. The server code is different than web code, they cannot be compared. L2J is shit code, legit server code, moron is what NC Korea uses. Hence, learn the difference.

L2J is a server code written on Java. It is not shit, bad, or anything else - just written on Java. To write about codding you need at least a slightest idea what you are talking about. Obviously you have not such. Many private servers now use L2OFF - the official code or close to it written on C++. All have offline shops.

1 minute ago, Ikcen said:

I do not say they will be implemented. I say they are a smart solution. And there is not a reason against them. Even one.

No this is not. The smart solution:  You can use boxes if u have atleast 1 VIP on them. This is a smart solution. 

Archived