waiting queue in lineage 2 ?

Hi people,

well as say my title i am very surprise about the situation.

Lineage 2 have been release in 2004, we are in 2018 and NCsoft claim that there is a queue to login this 14 years old game because of 6.4k players?

is that a joke?  some illegal server have launch with 10k+ players without lags. How a company like NCsoft can't handle what illegal server could handle for free ?

Its the first time since c2 that i see a queue to log in this game...do you want us to all buy vip account maybe ? i have been waiting for 30 minutes for 10 rank in a 160 queue to log in FIX IT!

1 hour ago, Brandimortis said:

Hi people,

Lineage 2 have been release in 2004, we are in 2018 and NCsoft claim that there is a queue to login this 14 years old game because of 6.4k players?

is that a joke?  some illegal server have launch with 10k+ players without lags. How a company like NCsoft can't handle what illegal server could handle for free ?

Its the first time since c2 that i see a queue to log in this game...do you want us to all buy vip account maybe ? i have been waiting for 30 minutes for 10 rank in a 160 queue to log in FIX IT!

The illegal servers just give fake online numbers, so the nubs that play the think there are a lot of players online. This has been a fact on many "big" illegal servers and especially the Russian ones.

The L2 servers run on Windows and MSSQL, which is one of the factors for the instability that plagues them when they reach over 5.5 simultaneous connections. Also the server code is old and it's netcode is rather outdated, so yea, they are pushing what's possible to the very limit here.

Or they simply want easy money...Why make VIP if the game is free..thats where queue comes..keeping queue is easy money for them

I guess they want to get as much money they can before the company shuts down for good

Before classic Ncsoft incomes must be close to zero compare to what they get now

so to sum up

QUEUE-->VIP--->Easy money

They will probably suspend me again but i trully dont care

53 minutes ago, mixa said:

The priv.ate servers just give fake online numbers, so the nubs that play the think there are a lot of players online. This has been a fact on many "big" priv.ate servers and especially the Russian ones.

The L2 servers run on Windows and MSSQL, which is one of the factors for the instability that plagues them when they reach over 5.5 simultaneous connections. Also the server code is old and it's netcode is rather outdated, so yea, they are pushing what's possible to the very limit here.

It's always a conspiracy when someone does not understand the technical side of it all, but no matter what you tell people like this they will continue to think it is deliberately designed this way.

Hi people,

Lol please point to some proof where there are illegal servers with 10k plus people in them. O.o Because I dont believe you for even one moment. Dont wait to wait in queues or stay logged in? Join the new server, Jesus Christ its an old video game. 

I see Gludio server light all the time and in Aden i never had to wait.
Everyone wants to get his ass in Giran for some reason, but in classic the leveling zones are very limited and if NCSOFt open and handle 6000 slots in one server than players will be more than mobs. The sh1t will be too overcrowded to play and than you will cry that too little leveling zones are made.

18 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

It's always a conspiracy when someone does not understand the technical side of it all, but no matter what you tell people like this they will continue to think it is deliberately designed this way.

the first bulb who were created lasted 15years but today they never last this long. only 1000 hours ah?

its dangerous when some scientist try to hide cupidity. my answer is server proxy

What a sad world where ingenior are paid to limit the creation for maximise profits.

7 minutes ago, MikeLitoris said:

Everyone wants to get his ass in Giran for some reason, but in classic the leveling zones are very limited and if NCSOFt open and handle 6000 slots in one server than players will be more than mobs. The sh1t will be too overcrowded to play and than you will cry that too little leveling zones are made.

this is what everybody love in L2. to fight with your friends for the best spots. this is how you build friendship. during fights, helping some people, choosing your side. You must be new to this game...

2 minutes ago, Brandimortis said:

this is what everybody love in L2. to fight with your friends for the best spots. this is how you build friendship. during fights, helping some people, choosing your side. You must be know to this game...

Much philosophy much wow.

And yes i am "know" to this game.

27 minutes ago, SinnS said:

Lol please point to some proof where there are illegal servers with 10k plus people in them. O.o Because I dont believe you for even one moment. Dont wait to wait in queues or stay logged in? Join the new server, Jesus Christ its an old video game. 

sadly they all think that way .....

LAST time illegal servers had CLOSE* to 10k online was azure/supreme times  10 years ago   and recently ONLY rpgclub.

the other trash illegal servers never had more then 4k online last 5+ years

42 minutes ago, SinnS said:

It's very simple, they use "proxy" connection. It will be very a overcrowded server with that solution, but at least you can play something(PVP for farmzone)... instead of waiting for fake queues. 

24 minutes ago, MikeLitoris said:

This is correct.

TI and Giran are already overcrowded, they have been for weeks it's why they(NCWest) keep the server cap at 6500 and don't increase it anymore, they should have never increased it from 6000 to 6500 either, that was a mistake.

It ain't some big bleeping conspiracy to sell more VIP. 

13 minutes ago, Karnz said:

This is correct.

TI and Giran are already overcrowded, they have been for weeks it's why they(NCWest) keep the server cap at 6500 and don't increase it anymore, they should have never increased it from 6000 to 6500 either, that was a mistake.

It ain't some big bleeping conspiracy to sell more VIP. 

how many of that 6.500 players are not bots because the way i see it Bots>>Real ppl

14 minutes ago, iSebastianC said:

It's very simple, they use "proxy" connection. It will be very a overcrowded server with that solution, but at least you can play something(PVP for farmzone)... instead of waiting for fake queues. 

i dont think u realize how 10k ppl look ingame.   on this current world map there are ~2000 farming ppl ( maybe less) and its already full full full full everywhere,

the first bulb who were created lasted 15years but today they never last this long. only 1000 hours ah?

its dangerous when some scientist try to hide cupidity. my answer is server proxy

What a sad world where ingenior are paid to limit the creation for maximise profits.

The materials used to make the filaments of the old bulbs are quite different, energy heavy, hard to produce and least but not last, they last longer only in certain conditions (eg. you switch the bulb on/off as rarely as possible).In our lab we still got 3 bulbs from 1914 and they ALL 3 are working, although this doesn't mean they are better than the modern ones.

Also "proxying" the connection to a server which gets db issues and crashes when there are 5-6k connections to it will solve nothing.Some things are easier said than done.

5 minutes ago, mixa said:

The materials used to make the filaments of the old bulbs are quite different, energy heavy, hard to produce and least but not last, they last longer only in certain conditions (eg. you switch the bulb on/off as rarely as possible).In our lab we still got 3 bulbs from 1914 and they ALL 3 are working, although this doesn't mean they are better than the modern ones.

Also "proxying" the connection to a server which gets db issues and crashes when there are 5-6k connections to it will solve nothing.Some things are easier said than done.

Most of people want more servers, for a specific timezone... but of course that will ruins VIP income. It's by design the way they build the server. I wanted to buy vip to get access, but they also have the same problem.

2 hours ago, TheBuffer said:

money money money, i bet their bank accounts income since the launch of classic has increased with 200k$ and even more.

Wait.... when you own a business, you're not supposed to make money?! Well slap my ass and call my Susie! I've been doing it all wrong!

11 hours ago, Criticool said:

Wait.... when you own a business, you're not supposed to make money?! Well slap my ass and call my Susie! I've been doing it all wrong!

It's not about the fact that ncsoft makes money, nobody it's against that. I wish them a lot of money if that's the case. The main problem is the way they do it. To brake the game & add a queue by design to force people to pay vip...think about this. Also many Vip players are are still waiting for queues, what are we talking here? :) 

20 minutes ago, iSebastianC said:

It's not about the fact that ncsoft makes money, nobody it's against that. I wish them a lot of money if that's the case. The main problem is the way they do it. To brake the game & add a queue by design to force people to pay vip...think about this. Also many Vip players are are still waiting for queues, what are we talking here? :) 

NCsoft doesn't make money with the queue. NCsoft loses money with the queue. The separation of queues into a VIP queue and a non-VIP queue lets NCsoft lose less money.

6 hours ago, iSebastianC said:

My VIP account flies through the queue. (Compared to my non-VIP account)

5 hours ago, Krissa said:

NCsoft doesn't make money with the queue. NCsoft loses money with the queue. The separation of queues into a VIP queue and a non-VIP queue lets NCsoft lose less money.

/thread

On 11/8/2018 at 8:33 AM, mixa said:

The illegal servers just give fake online numbers, so the nubs that play the think there are a lot of players online. This has been a fact on many "big" illegal servers and especially the Russian ones.

Our servers at work handle 11 million unique visitors a month and we are a web facing MS SQL system with over a billion unique urls.  We're not even using the highest level version of it and its from like 2014 or so.

Has nothing to do with that.  It's the code itself as you said.

Archived