ADENA SELLERS SPAM

HydroPwnic

For the love of god could you please automate the blocking process for Adena sellers spamming me with advertisement for their illegal real money trading. ALL day I block the same sellers, in Local,Region,Shout chat, in whispers, in Party Matching.

If 500 people flag you as an Adena seller within seconds don't you think this person should be automatically banned? or at the very least instantly chat banned for 1h, 10h, 24h.

Also please give me the option to block whispers from lvl 10 characters. THEY ARE ALL BOTS OK? i don't need to be advertised to in a game I am paying for.

Please apply a fix for this, I get it you're not willing to fix the botting problems, or the RMT, or the Character trading or any of it really, but please give me the ability to ignore these issues without having them broadcasted to me on a constant basis.

I AM TIRED OF BLOCKING THE SAME SELLERS CONSTANTLY. FIX OR I QUIT.

P.S. I am not responsible for fixing your game for you.

[moderated to remove link information]

7 hours ago, Aikanaro said:

Why would they block their on business?

Don't be silly.  They have tons of disgruntled employees who would have long ago blown the whistle on such a scheme if one existed.  Why do people keep spreading this nonsense?

4 hours ago, Lawman said:

Don't be silly.  They have tons of disgruntled employees who would have long ago blown the whistle on such a scheme if one existed.  Why do people keep spreading this nonsense?

Because it's an easier pill to swallow than the realization that the entire company is full of incompetent people at all levels :D

38 minutes ago, Zace said:

Because it's an easier pill to swallow than the realization that the entire company is full of incompetent people at all levels :D

That's a fair point.  But the idea that the RMTs and NCWest are in cahoots is patently false.  It may be easier to swallow, but it's a silly accusation.

RMT exists because players do business with them. Sincerely it is convenient, better to spend 50 euros / dollars for millions of adena, than for runes exp. If mobs drop more adenos, people would not want to fund the RMT system.
In the end, buying ncoins for real money is like buying adena for real money. think about it.
The mafia exists for the state's ineficence. Here it is the same.

4 hours ago, WarriorOfLight said:

RMT exists because players do business with them. Sincerely it is convenient, better to spend 50 euros / dollars for millions of adena, than for runes exp. If mobs drop more adenos, people would not want to fund the RMT system.
In the end, buying ncoins for real money is like buying adena for real money. think about it.
The mafia exists for the state's ineficence. Here it is the same.

I could not agree more with your first statement!  If there weren't so many cheaters buying adena (and/or botting themselves) there wouldn't be so many bots.  Get rid of the cheaters & you'll get rid of the bots!

The rest of your statement misses one key point. "buying ncoins for real money" is within the rules of the game.  "Buying adena for real money" is cheating.  Playing honestly and cheating are nothing alike.  Having said that, if NCWest just surrenders and starts selling adena for ncoins in the L2Store then yes, they would be much alike.

11 hours ago, Zace said:

One other point.  If NCWest wanted to make money selling adena they could do it much more easily by just selling adena in the L2Store.  Why go through RMTs and incur your customers' wrath by filling your servers with bots when you can accomplish the same thing directly, without all the negatives?

34 minutes ago, Lawman said:

One other point.  If NCWest wanted to make money selling adena they could do it much more easily by just selling adena in the L2Store.  Why go through RMTs and incur your customers' wrath by filling your servers with bots when you can accomplish the same thing directly, without all the negatives?

Because money earned outside L2store dont have to be taxed?

16 minutes ago, Aikanaro said:

Because money earned outside L2store dont have to be taxed?

Why on earth would you think selling something on a different site means you don't have to tax it? Ok lets have all our payments sent to Russian so its taxed there then moved back to the USA where its taxed again. Kick ass tax free scheme you pondered up there. NCwest is not selling adena on Russian third party sites, thats just stupid. All they have to do is sell desirable items that can be traded in the NCshop which they currently dont do. They would make money hand over foot and do nothing illegal. 

23 hours ago, SinnS said:

Why on earth would you think selling something on a different site means you don't have to tax it? Ok lets have all our payments sent to Russian so its taxed there then moved back to the USA where its taxed again. Kick ass tax free scheme you pondered up there. NCwest is not selling adena on Russian third party sites, thats just stupid. All they have to do is sell desirable items that can be traded in the NCshop which they currently dont do. They would make money hand over foot and do nothing illegal. 

Your statement would be true assuming that adena sellers are LEGALLY running their bussiness which is registered in their country of origin and pay their taxes to the government... Otherwise money earned thru selling adena is also illegal.

@BTC I don't have to "re-wire" my brain only because I have different way of thinking than you and because I consider something to be possible while you consider something to be not possible. Also what makes my comment IGNORANT?! Because I don't believe that each new account of the adena sellers is being made from different ip than previous one. If banning an account does not help then they should ban the IP. If the IP address happens to be the same for adena seller and regular player then most likely that player is resposible for selling adena which brings us to conclusion that these players are breaking terms of agreement with NC West.

Your statement would be true assuming that adena sellers are LEGALLY running their bussiness which is registered in their country of origin and pay their taxes to the government... Otherwise money earned thru selling adena is also illegal.

Are you alleging that NC West participates in an illegal tax avoidance scheme?

I don't have to "re-wire" my brain only because I have different way of thinking than you and because I consider something to be possible while you consider something to be not possible. Also what makes my comment IGNORANT?! Because I don't believe that each new account of the adena sellers is being made from different ip than previous one. If banning an account does not help then they should ban the IP. If the IP address happens to be the same for adena seller and regular player then most likely that player is resposible for selling adena which brings us to conclusion that these players are breaking terms of agreement with NC West.

Have you ever heard of dynamic IP addresses?

On 12/2/2019 at 4:36 PM, Lawman said:

I could not agree more with your first statement!  If there weren't so many cheaters buying adena (and/or botting themselves) there wouldn't be so many bots.  Get rid of the cheaters & you'll get rid of the bots!

The rest of your statement misses one key point. "buying ncoins for real money" is within the rules of the game.  "Buying adena for real money" is cheating.  Playing honestly and cheating are nothing alike.  Having said that, if NCWest just surrenders and starts selling adena for ncoins in the L2Store then yes, they would be much alike.

what I want to say is that cheating players are willing to spend dollars / euros on adena rather than spending on low value store items. They are buying pixels exactly like the l2 store products are pixels. In both cases they buy things that in real life have no value. but direct adena are cheaper.

18 hours ago, Krissa said:

Are you alleging that NC West participates in an illegal tax avoidance scheme?

Have you ever heard of dynamic IP addresses?

They obviously do (but that does not mean THEY WANT TO) because I doubt that adena sellers (especially when adena sellers are also regular players) are running their business legally and are paying taxes to their respective tax office. Yes I have heard off dynamic ip addresses but tell me who the hell uses it nowadays?

6 hours ago, Aikanaro said:

They obviously do (but that does not mean THEY WANT TO) because I doubt that adena sellers (especially when adena sellers are also regular players) are running their business legally and are paying taxes to their respective tax office.

"Because"? I don't see how it follows.

6 hours ago, Aikanaro said:

Yes I have heard off dynamic ip addresses but tell me who the hell uses it nowadays?

Almost everyone.

On 15.02.2019 at 12:33 AM, Krissa said:

"Because"? I don't see how it follows.

Almost everyone.

Are you feeling better now after reporting me? If yes then I'm happy for you :) But still...
You must live in utopia unknown and unavailable to anyone else if you think that people willingly pay taxes especialy for something like selling ingame goods for real money... You obviously don't know economics at all if you don't see how it follows. As for dynamic ip then in 3rd world countries or some shitty ISP they may still use them.

On 2/11/2019 at 11:42 PM, Lawman said:

That's a fair point.  But the idea that the RMTs and NCWest are in cahoots is patently false.  It may be easier to swallow, but it's a silly accusation.

what is your cite of authority for this statement?

and if NCSoft is not profiting from the bots, why are they not more proactive and aggressive about getting rid of them?

48 minutes ago, Beatricea said:

what is your cite of authority for this statement?

and if NCSoft is not profiting from the bots, why are they not more proactive and aggressive about getting rid of them?

Authority is an odd concept when proving a negative.  But think about it.  First, there are many disgruntled employees of NCWest (someone recently posted a link to a collection of them) and none of them have claimed RMTs and NCWest are in cahoots.  Surely they would have blown the whistle if there was such a collaboration.  Second, NCWest has no need for such a collaboration.  If they want to they can make adena out of thin air and then either RMT it themselves or sell it in the L2Store.  They don't need bots or RMTs to do that for them. 

Presumably they are not more proactive because taking proactive steps like putting GMs in game would cost more money that they are willing to spend.  It is also likely that they are afraid that they will lose money from those botters who bot and script to get ahead in the game and pay large sums of money both for VIP status and for items from the L2Store.  That does not mean they are in cahoots with the botters or that they are incompetent.  It just means that they have made the financial calculation that they lose more money by working hard to get rid of bots than they do by being lax in their enforcement.  Or, to put the same thing differently, they will gain more money from the bots than they would otherwise gain from those who are leaving because of the bots.   

We don't have to like bots.  I know I don't and I left these servers in part because of bots.  But there is no need for wild conspiracy theories or claims of incompetence to explain why the bots still exist.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:26 PM, Aikanaro said:

Are you feeling better now after reporting me? If yes then I'm happy for you :)

What are you talking about?

You must live in utopia unknown and unavailable to anyone else if you think that people willingly pay taxes especialy for something like selling ingame goods for real money...

And if I don't, then...?

Or do you think that if people steal from you, sell stolen goods and don't pay taxes, you are guilty of their tax evasion?

As for dynamic ip then in 3rd world countries or some shitty ISP they may still use them.

So, Verizon Fios, for example, is "some shitty ISP in a 3rd world country", and their customers do not deserve to be customers of NCsoft?

For all the people thinking that NCSoft doesn't make money from bots, I have to inform you that you are somewhat delusional or a hopeless believer in truth and justice. 

First of all, let's talk about the bots (the 3rd party programs). There are many companies using such programs to test their own games, especially large scale games like MMORPG. Their employees are creating these programs to avoid hiring hundreds of game testers and overall, to reduce the cost of the project. These programs ended up in the wrong hands or they were passed willingly to others for profit. It can be former employees or even the current employs may be running them.

Second, let's talk about the profit the bots are making and where it goes. There's no point in telling you that there are wealthy people or addicts (not wealthy, but with a steady, disposable income) willing to spend real money on pixels. First of all as a "legit company", you want to milk your cash cow as well as possible so you have two options:

1. doing the common legal stuff (l2 store, subscriptions, event promotions, etc.) Legal is sort of stretching it because with the event items (boxes) being sold for real currency is considered gambling in certain countries. Especially if the chances of winning said items are not clearly stated. However, this is another discussion and not the topic of this post.

2. shady practices such as selling to people through other means. The money they make through other out-of-the-USA websites is not taxable, especially when you can hide your revenue to various practices - crypto, various payments methods that aren't tracked by the US government unless large amounts of $$ are being transferred and so on. These are extra bonuses for those running things.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there aren't other parties running the scheme. It's the same business with various actors, the wheel just keeps on spinning. And take a minute to think about it. This is good business for them. They get "subscription" money from boters, they get money from live players throughout the 2 practices listed above and they control the market. Every now and then, they ban some bots to refresh the stock and get new "subscriptions", but they mostly ban the competition. They are the main predators and the other RMT sites are the crows scavenging on the remaining carcass.

And third and last, for those pulling the "unhappy employee would have blown the whistle by now". That will never happen and if you think otherwise, you clearly haven't worked or interacted with people working in big corporations. They have these little agreements or binding contracts called NDA (non-disclosure agreement). A good NDA signed by all the employees will limit their rights outside the company. They will not be able to tell a single living soul about what they are doing and how the company operates. If they try and risk it they will be sued for everything they have. No one in their right mind will do it because living as a homeless person is not exactly "liberating" not to mention that they will screw their chance of being hired by other companies working in the same nice, and so on.

And to close it, I'm one of the suckers who believed things will be different this time (with the classic sever launch). I have three VIP3 accounts and spend money on NC coins regularly. After a few months seeing how it went from bad to worst and going down from there, I decided to stop playing once my VIP subscription expires. It's not worth it, there are other games out there screwing you less or none at all.

Take care guys!

Archived