2h blunt - cane - sos - new update

Stahli

Hi Warriors,

As RedLibra is approaching, wanted to double check with some Gurus if it is official, that with the next update (which I assume will be this summer) the 2h magic blunts will be changed to canes, so Titan's won't be able to use SoS with Retributers anymore?

As last time I decided to go GK I did not manage to play with SoS around, but with this Libra wanted to try it for a while (thought have only 1 OE Bloody wep). 

If someone has some "confirmed" information about this, it would be nice if you could share it. 

Cheers.

Check the date on the video and compare it with our cut-off point ;)

The actual game files have not yet been sent out, so nobody knows whether SoS will work with Retributers resp. Staffs or not. If the overseas version faithfully follows the Korean sequence, it will not work. If the developers jump forward to May, it will work.

And even when the game files have been sent out for internal testing, there is no guarantee that things won't be changed at the last moment. Remember what happened to the Refining System for Boss Jewelry!

To say it again, nobody knows. Don't play Titan, don't change any weapons until the patch has actually gone live!

And yes, I think it was a mistake to run a Red Libra event before the update just to appease the complaining masses. There will be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth when people realise in a few months how they have wasted their resources. Mark my words!

3 minutes ago, Yidao said:

Check the date on the video and compare it with our cut-off point ;)

The actual game files have not yet been sent out, so nobody knows whether SoS will work with Retributers resp. Staffs or not. If the overseas version faithfully follows the Korean sequence, it will not work. If the developers jump forward to May, it will work.

And even when the game files have been sent out for internal testing, there is no guarantee that things won't be changed at the last moment. Remember what happened to the Refining System for Boss Jewelry!

To say it again, nobody knows. Don't play Titan, don't change any weapons until the patch has actually gone live!

And yes, I think it was a mistake to run a Red Libra event before the update just to appease the complaining masses. There will be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth when people realise in a few months how they have wasted their resources. Mark my words!

i was check the video date, its 2018 may 10, not 2017.

33 minutes ago, Yidao said:

And yes, I think it was a mistake to run a Red Libra event before the update just to appease the complaining masses.

Well, Conguero did state they plan to run Red Libra twice this year so... perhaps the second installment won't be too long after the next big update or thereabouts.

1 hour ago, Propet said:

i was check the video date, its 2018 may 10, not 2017.

That's what I meant.

On August 2, 2017, Retributers were changed to Staffs, SoS didn't work any more:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=630883

Our cut-off point is February 21, 2018:
https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/656429/

The video is from May 10, 2018:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H4p6D454xU

The working of SoS was changed back after our cut-off point :)

http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2051&start=50#p36771

:)

By the way, Russia already has the new update on their PTS:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2094&start=80#p38197
(Special thanks to Aram for the informaton!)

I guess that Neutron could in theory now answer Stahli's question. But as I said above, there is no guarantee that things won't be changed at the last moment, like with the Refining System. I would strongly recommend Neutron not to answer the question.

1 hour ago, Yidao said:

http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2051&start=50#p36771

:)

By the way, Russia already has the new update on their PTS:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2094&start=80#p38197
(Special thanks to Aram for the informaton!)

I guess that Neutron could in theory now answer Stahli's question. But as I said above, there is no guarantee that things won't be changed at the last moment, like with the Refining System. I would strongly recommend Neutron not to answer the question.

not sure you try trolling or just blind, but if you can prove me this we can continue with right talk :)

On the video that aram was post, was a test without sos in retri damage and with sos, normal crit was 3k, high crit was 5k and top crit was 7k, you can see the damage message clearly, with sos normal crit was 5k high crit was 9k and top crit was 13k.

Without sos
35:03 - 35.41 so 1 monster the de tank kill in 39 sec
With sos
37:17 - 37:34 / 37:37 - 37:57 so both monster was died at 20 sec

See sos its work on 2nd cane, not sure what aram say, clearly see time diff with sos and without sos time, and damage as well.

And before you say 1h cane have 10k top damage in without sos and 20k top damage with sos, yes i see that, probable 1h cane have better passives,
But sos work in retri but with less damage then 1h cane have.

Probably I am just blind :)

Seriously, I never watched the video, and I honestly can't be bothered to do so; it's not my problem. I was just quoting Aram's summary on Rochand:
"And yes, retri no longer works with SoS, only Blunts or Fenzied/Common Tauti Blunts remain full bonuses from SoS."

1 hour ago, Yidao said:

Probably I am just blind :)

Seriously, I never watched the video, and I honestly can't be bothered to do so; it's not my problem. I was just quoting Aram's summary on Rochand:
"And yes, retri no longer works with SoS, only Blunts or Fenzied/Common Tauti Blunts remain full bonuses from SoS."

only 1 thing confuse me, what is 2nd weap, its not tauti, normal tauti have 849 patk fenzied have 1013
2nd weap have 989 patk Find it :D its +12 Bloody Avenger
3rd weap its Dual Blunt i see now.
its clearly see there is no tauti test on this video, why no1 notice it? its really make me angry, no1 really check the video for what he do on that test, every1 immediately trust him.

And now i know why 2nd weap have more damage, avenger give p crit damage increase after +4. retri give m crit damage that why

and dual blunt give p skill power not p crit damage, that why 3rd weap have similar damage like retri have.

funny how ppl do watch the video but apparently dont notice Aram's disclaimers in the comments section.. Yidao is right in that we have no idea what will be in NCWest final build - if it's literal taking only upto the predefined cut off dates SoS will no longer work with retributers/canes but if we get the later version of that fix it will still work so yeah only 1 person knows the answer here and that's NCWest Q&A team that's currently testing the new update build..

4r4m
Sorry for copy and paste answer. I hope the tests are properly and if it ok, than rertri working with sos. But please note, here I was show how it works in Korea and maybe to overseas come something different or dev. team fix it. I can't guarantee that retri will have the same mechanic with sos in ncwest or innova in future updates. Also I can't test tauti weapon because GM Cat didn't sell any epic weapon.

3 minutes ago, Draecke said:

funny how ppl do watch the video but apparently dont notice Aram's disclaimers in the comments section.. Yidao is right in that we have no idea what will be in NCWest final build - if it's literal taking only upto the predefined cut off dates SoS will no longer work with retributers/canes but if we get the later version of that fix it will still work so yeah only 1 person knows the answer here and that's NCWest Q&A team that's currently testing the new update build..

4r4m
Sorry for copy and paste answer. I hope the tests are properly and if it ok, than rertri working with sos. But please note, here I was show how it works in Korea and maybe to overseas come something different or dev. team fix it. I can't guarantee that retri will have the same mechanic with sos in ncwest or innova in future updates. Also I can't test tauti weapon because GM Cat didn't sell any epic weapon.

2nd video its for between cut off time, read the whole thread, not just my first one

don't think you fully understand the consequences of pre / after cut off.. but to be honest this whole discussion is a bit lmao as pre awaken skills shouldn't be allowed to still work this way and even Juji & Neutron said as much back on the old forum so w/e

go make an account on RU PTS as they have the Orfen update there and test it yourself ;)

i watched both update video Etina's End and Ofren, in both update work with sos, but still, tyrr will lose sos, because there is no mastery for cane, so you have 2 option

1, Tauti or Frenzies Tauti
Or
2. buy avenger, will work with sos and you have mastery as well, but on Titan Furious Slasher will not work on avenger

I have the same dilemma. At this moment I'm Tyrr GK, but I terribly want to change to Tyrr Titan and farm with 2h blunt and sos + change my dual Othell to Yul or Wyn. But the upcoming update is making problems, as it would be silly if they would implement the changes about the 2h blunt being cane and there would be no Red Libra event… then I would be stuck with a useless weapon :D

5 hours ago, Stahli said:

I have the same dilemma. At this moment I'm Tyrr GK, but I terribly want to change to Tyrr Titan and farm with 2h blunt and sos + change my dual Othell to Yul or Wyn. But the upcoming update is making problems, as it would be silly if they would implement the changes about the 2h blunt being cane and there would be no Red Libra event… then I would be stuck with a useless weapon :D

sos work or dont work,  definitely 2h magic blunt will be changed to the category "cane" wich is not a blunt, most of the people is trying to find a whole in the debuff working on awaken char, but even then you will have to use tauti, enhance tauti, definitely no retributer

and in the end is not the same than a bloody weapond

2 hours ago, Longinus said:

sos work or dont work,  definitely 2h magic blunt will be changed to the category "cane" wich is not a blunt, most of the people is trying to find a whole in the debuff working on awaken char, but even then you will have to use tauti, enhance tauti, definitely no retributer

and in the end is not the same than a bloody weapond

Do you know when the update is going to be?

1 hour ago, Stahli said:

Do you know when the update is going to be?

Conguero     77
Conguero
  •  
  •  
  •  

Dear players,

We hope to help bring you many more fun and fruitful adventures across Aden this year. While we haven’t locked in all of our plans for 2018 with the development team yet, there are some noteworthy things we have in store that we’d like to share with you today. Additional events, promotions, and scheduling details will be provided as we get closer to their respective releases.

On the game content front, we’re aiming for a midsummer release of Salvation: Final Episode. In addition to ushering in the ultimate showdown with antagonist Etis van Etina, this update will provide a new daily instance in which adventurers will be called upon to do battle with Helios, and a new solo Hunting Zone in the Atelia Refinery. The Final Episode will also feature updated Raid Boss encounters for Orfen, Freya (Epic), Frintezza (Epic), and Spezion (Epic). This conclusive saga to the Act of Salvation will be defined by Aden’s bravest heroes!

mid summer is close, i guess is October November 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 4:48 AM, Stahli said:

Hi Warriors,

As RedLibra is approaching, wanted to double check with some Gurus if it is official, that with the next update (which I assume will be this summer) the 2h magic blunts will be changed to canes, so Titan's won't be able to use SoS with Retributers anymore?

As last time I decided to go GK I did not manage to play with SoS around, but with this Libra wanted to try it for a while (thought have only 1 OE Bloody wep). 

If someone has some "confirmed" information about this, it would be nice if you could share it. 

Cheers.

Archived