NCSoft Bot protection

@Juji

So, for the past 3 months the servers (at least Naia) got covered by this awesome blinking toons. They are really impressive piece of machinery, mostly because they cover every single area that a greedy box can spawn. (been told that even the low lvl ones are covered)

We are talking about more then 300 toons out there controlled by 3 players, same players that appear if one of the boxes spawn. This been out there for more then 3 months, and so far this keeps going. They been reported by the hundreds and nothing happens. Let's face it, unlike some other boters on our server this ones are sort of easy to prove they are indeed boting.

So the question here is what did this guys did to win the NCSoft protection?

Did something changed on your rules that now allows people to bot freely?

If rules didn't change what do a player need to do to get this sort of protection by you?

I know you don't like me, but the questions i putting are very simple and important and i'm sure other users out there would like to get some answers too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@JujiSerious question, who is your HGM now in Lineage 2?

Past HGM used to actually talk on the forums and in game IE Spam Goose Silver etc but I haven't seen one speak at events or forums in a long time.  They are suppose to be the bridge between support and the producer.  They are suppose to address the issues you guys don't understand and support don't get.  I remember SPAM used to put out a banhammer report no name just amount of accounts he banned per quarter I mean its like swatting flies I get that but makes us know something is being done.

Or it could be the alternate and really nothing is being done and the game just on autopilot 99% of the time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

@Juji

So, for the past 3 months the servers (at least Naia) got covered by this awesome blinking toons. They are really impressive piece of machinery, mostly because they cover every single area that a greedy box can spawn. (been told that even the low lvl ones are covered)

We are talking about more then 300 toons out there controlled by 3 players, same players that appear if one of the boxes spawn. This been out there for more then 3 months, and so far this keeps going. They been reported by the hundreds and nothing happens. Let's face it, unlike some other boters on our server this ones are sort of easy to prove they are indeed boting.

So the question here is what did this guys did to win the NCSoft protection?

Did something changed on your rules that now allows people to bot freely?

If rules didn't change what do a player need to do to get this sort of protection by you?

I know you don't like me, but the questions i putting are very simple and important and i'm sure other users out there would like to get some answers too.

BurnCycle, you were playing with the bots for a long time, I don't know if you were one of them, but that's not the point, you know it very well.What I`m asking is: How come you`ve suddenly against them?Why that sudden change of mind?

Also, there is nobody protected, the support just follows procedure and if that procedure/protocol fails to fulfill the required evidence for botting, nothing happens.It's not like somebody digs until it finds the bot owner.This is the main reason you see the bot owners still in-game.

I don't support these bots and their owners, actually I think these people are the biggest scum in this game (sometimes edging the donatas).I hope the actual bot owners get perma banned, although to be honest, NCW has completely given up in my eyes.It's 18 y.o game, not really worth it breaking what works for them, even if it's bots and donatas only.

6 hours ago, mixa said:

BurnCycle, you were playing with the bots for a long time, I don't know if you were one of them, but that's not the point, you know it very well.What I`m asking is: How come you`ve suddenly against them?Why that sudden change of mind?

Also, there is nobody protected, the support just follows procedure and if that procedure/protocol fails to fulfill the required evidence for botting, nothing happens.It's not like somebody digs until it finds the bot owner.This is the main reason you see the bot owners still in-game.

I don't support these bots and their owners, actually I think these people are the biggest scum in this game (sometimes edging the donatas).I hope the actual bot owners get perma banned, although to be honest, NCW has completely given up in my eyes.It's 18 y.o game, not really worth it breaking what works for them, even if it's bots and donatas only.

I've always been against bots. You can find a lot of posts from me complaining about it. The reason i'm posting here now is because we never had something at this scale since the end of zR.

And the stuff you said about lack of evidence is not an issue here. There are plenty of evidence against them, in fact, this are probably the easy botting system to ban because of the obvious automated stuff. (even on the main toons used to kill the boxes, they don't even try to hide)

Another thing to think about it is the impact 300-400 toons have on the server logging and delogging at a constant time, might not be a main issue of the servers right now, (i'm sure is not the main issue) but it's certainly contributing to the issues we been having lately.

Give a reason to Ncwest to sit down and read ur post , while me , you, 70% of players in naia  spend 4000-8000k coin per month against those who use  programes and spend 100k ++ ncoins per month ... Noone cared in past , noone will care in future and IF someone of those get banned soon or late he ll be back after 1 week....
Sad story ....

Yes, cam Greedy Treasure Chests bots, also in Chronos is full of this trash.

NCSOFT can control easy, a player selling a few jewels lvl 5... is suspect, control the WH. 

We sent to NCSOFT tickets with logs pooving with names they are using bot programs, here we have a few champions just cant tell names here, they are using bot programs and loging 50/60 clients using this cams to scamm the Greedy Chests. Hope they wil be banned soon, just control the IP address and done. 

They scamm us, gives lags... 

Since the time of the first post the number of this toons just went up. As far as i know there are no blinking toons anymore. Every single mob that can spawn a greedy box has a summoner in their target range. (either low or high lvl)

@Juji

This players are being protected by you and your team. That is a serious issue that affects the credibility of you and your company. You really gonna stay quiet and keep the protection on them?

maybe they aren't bots!

bypassing the 3 client limit is breaking the rules also, but you are asking them to investigate bots, and I know for a fact, tons of those camera's are NOT on programs, so maybe they have been investigated already, sorry to inform ya.

I don't understand why this issue isn't an easy fix. They can periodically log in to observe & see there is a bot issue. I've sent maybe hundreds of names, exact time of events & screen shots. I'm starting to believe that if the violators are big spenders, then they are protected.

I've even caught a hero on Chronos teleport to an exact spot 3 seconds before a Greedy Treasure Chest spawns & others have witnessed this also on separate occasions that same day. In order to pull that off repeatedly would take some uncanny accuracy or extreme luck.

4 hours ago, ProDigY said:

I don't understand why this issue isn't an easy fix. They can periodically log in to observe & see there is a bot issue. I've sent maybe hundreds of names, exact time of events & screen shots. I'm starting to believe that if the violators are big spenders, then they are protected.

I've even caught a hero on Chronos teleport to an exact spot 3 seconds before a Greedy Treasure Chest spawns & others have witnessed this also on separate occasions that same day. In order to pull that off repeatedly would take some uncanny accuracy or extreme luck.

3 seconds after IS slow! lol

The summoner network in naia is putting toons near the box 1 sec after it spawns! I've seen with my own eyes on the boxes i have checking.

3 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

3 seconds after IS slow! lol

The summoner network in naia is putting toons near the box 1 sec after it spawns! I've seen with my own eyes on the boxes i have checking.

3 seconds after what? I said before.

4 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

Well, that's definitely not bot... that's something else.

Was that for me? I don't think you understand what "bot" means. It's anyone who uses a 3rd party program or macro to automate gameplay. If the person is using a 3rd party program to detect the spawn of Greedy Treasure Chests, then yes, he's botting.

45 minutes ago, ProDigY said:

Was that for me? I don't think you understand what "bot" means. It's anyone who uses a 3rd party program or macro to automate gameplay. If the person is using a 3rd party program to detect the spawn of Greedy Treasure Chests, then yes, he's botting.

That's not bot because bots can't predict where a box will spawn. That was pure luck, the other possibility is a GM tip, but that's very unlikely (if even possible)

1 minute ago, BurnCycle said:

That's not bot because bots can't predict where a box will spawn. That was pure luck, the other possibility is a GM tip, but that's very unlikely (if even possible)

So you're telling me that it's pure luck to teleport to multiple chest spawns repeatedly with that kind of accuracy. Come on, man. Quit it. How do you know a bot program can't detect spawn?

1 minute ago, BurnCycle said:

You seriously don't know how to make a target macro and put it on loop?

I've been making target macros for years. I need you to explain how do you know that a bot program can't detect spawns seconds before it happens. You seemed so sure of yourself in your previous posts.

4 minutes ago, ProDigY said:

I've been making target macros for years. I need you to explain how do you know that a bot program can't detect spawns seconds before it happens. You seemed so sure of yourself in your previous posts.

I'm sure you can't know where a box is gonna pop before it does. That information doesn't go to your client so bot can't pick it.

Well i just assume the people behind the programming of the game are not mentally challenged to the point of adding unrelated/useless info being transferred to all clients.

Going on topic and stoping this useless discussion, if you have reported any of this summoner network bots please post the ticket in this thread. Maybe someting can be doen about it after.