Chronos Downtime Compensation Details 8/31/2022

Hermes

1 hour ago, Wissp said:

I wanted to drop by and let everyone know that we've read the feedback in this thread, and other threads on our forums. We're sorry that many of you feel dissatisfied with the compensation that was provided as a result of the recent Chronos server downtime.

We'll definitely consider your combined feedback should we have to provide compensation for any issue in the future. 

@WisspHi and welcome. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

We probably all seem like a bunch of animals 😀, but a little time here and you will see it’s just a frustrated response to what is often unfair and untransparent treatment.

I think a large part of this is down GM’s and management not really understanding the game mechanics and what’s required to make a dynamic and interesting server (and likely bigger profits) and too much pride not to admit it .

Rather than considering the future, I urge you to try and resolve something for this compensation issue. I will give you a few good reasons.

1. The server down time was much longer than any we have had in many many years, perhaps since teething troubles at the start of Lineage 2. Compensation for much lesser  issues (in the past) were often better.

2. Mail and toolbars have been messed up requiring time for the player to put things right (Considerable time for some)

3. We in general had some hope of better NC / Customer relationships with the arrival of Hermes, I think a lot of this will be lost without just a bit of humility and kindness. It’s a bad move politically not to listen and respond in my opinion.

4. The compensation sucks really because it’s out of date. When this dragon weapon event first arrived years ago there were only a few weapons of this type on the server, everyone was interested to try them out. Now it’s full of them and we know that +18 or more krishna is better for general use. The largest majority of players simply don’t need or want a 1 day dw. Most people have the same or better.

5. the 2 hour vit doesn’t work either because most of the xp was lost in dethrone  when the server was down and for all of Europe thats through the night when they are sleeping.  Dethrone gives most of the xp we get in a week and we lost 33% of this. leveling in normal places on the server all week with full vit might just recover what was lost, hence why players were asking for 7 day vit runes. They didn’t just make up a figure, it’s what players consider fair.

6. I don’t even know where to start with the lost olympiad except to say the biggest spenders in game that probably gave up precious weekend time to compete had for some a deeply unfair outcome.

Bit of a long post but I hope it clarity’s a few things.

1 hour ago, Wissp said:

I wanted to drop by and let everyone know that we've read the feedback in this thread, and other threads on our forums. We're sorry that many of you feel dissatisfied with the compensation that was provided as a result of the recent Chronos server downtime.

We'll definitely consider your combined feedback should we have to provide compensation for any issue in the future. 

The problem in ur text is "provide compensation for any issue in the future. " i cant imagine another futher problem like that. 

All here are unsatisfied cuz the compensation are very very slow and its party of copy on other 2020 event. 

People lost hero, money, market, time, skillbar, macros etc etc and we just get some of boosts... I dunno what function do you job in L2Team, moderator, GM, idk. But is really hard stay here and renew my prestige (for example) or another NCOINs exchanges...

Months were asking for redlibra and all of us got ignored. XP boost or thing like that. 

Wanna compensation us? Minimal: XP-Rune days (not hour). Server XP Boosts! Make as happy or will see many of many ppl leave going to EU or just quitting... 

And When some of big player leave... the market AH get mad and absolutely warm all.

16 hours ago, Wissp said:

Why you didnt answer about Olympiad?

Why did you turn on dimensional server and let Naia players compete alone without Chronos players?

Why Staff is avoiding to talk about the major problem that was Chronos offline in last Olympiad day? @Hermes

2 hours ago, Fixee said:

I wonder, if this is the best NC has to offer us, I don't even want to see when they decide to abandon the game!

Korea doesn't care about L2. They have other projects to focus, thanks to the whales of L2 community. Projects like Throne of Liberty, L2M, L2W etc.

They try to milk everything they can from L2, that's why they release small updates and few new items.

• 2 weeks later...