How are SK's in classic?

Nurama

From everything ive read Sk's while having the lowest health pool of the tanks can do pretty well with their cubics, putting out some impressive debuffs, so in that wey they make decent offensive tanks. Warlords are really good in terms of leveling and pve, but suffer a bit in pvp. Sk's are more versatile overall.

If I remember right, the best tank overall was the Paladin.  SK's were good tanks, and behind DA (because of the pet), very good for solo.  Not as many HP, but with the cubic buffs and high crit chance, really good for solo.  Just gotta get up to the 40-50 lvl for the cubes though.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:48 PM, Nurama said:

Any good for anything? lol How about Warlords?

SKs are quite fine as offensive tanks, both in PvE and PvP. not as broken as DAs in PvP, but still good as supporting the party.

SKs with magic swords can also deal good amounts of damage to enemies with low m.def by using their drains and debuffs. they're also the best tanks for raid bosses, due to hex, poison and bleed.

warlords are very good and also versatile. you can play them either as CCers in mage parties, or front-line rushers/hybrid tanks in melee parties.

6 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

SKs are quite fine as offensive tanks, both in PvE and PvP. not as broken as DAs in PvP, but still good as supporting the party.

SKs with magic swords can also deal good amounts of damage to enemies with low m.def by using their drains and debuffs. they're also the best tanks for raid bosses, due to hex, poison and bleed.

warlords are very good and also versatile. you can play them either as nukers/CC in mage parties, or front-line rushers/hybrid tanks in melee parties.

Wow, hold your horses ... Warlord is the class with the stun and the pole ... WarLOCK is the class with the kitties and the one you're probably mentioning ..

27 minutes ago, Limerence said:

Wow, hold your horses ... Warlord is the class with the stun and the pole ... WarLOCK is the class with the kitties and the one you're probably mentioning ..

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Quick_Spear_-_Warlord

Recast Time 10 seconds
Hit Time 2.5 seconds
Cast Range 900

you can pretty much throw an AoE stun from 900 range every 10 seconds, that should speak for itself.

i know they're not exactly nukers thou, it's just that when they're played as CCers in mage parties, they're the best at it. they can do well in both mass/group PvP situations anyway.

Just now, Fenreir said:

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Quick_Spear_-_Warlord

Recast Time 10 seconds
Hit Time 2.5 seconds
Cast Range 900

you can pretty much throw an AoE stun from 900 range every 10 seconds, that should speak for itself.

i know they're not exactly nukers thou, it's just that when they're played as CCers in mage parties, they're the best at it. they can do well in both mass/group PvP situations anyway.

Now I get it, but nuker is the wrong word for it ... Just edit it out if u can ... 

3 minutes ago, Matic said:

Hows the warlord stun? Cant you just stun lock anyone and win in pvp?

depends if they're flagged or not. warlord stuns have some limitations in Classic.

if you do manage to get someone in stunlocking, however, they won't be able to do anything. just like any other class with stun skills.

The SK is a beast in PvP!!  Depending on the situation he is actually top tier PvP class.  

Sadly one of my favorite classes is the Warlord but he is the worst ranked PvP class in the game, Ranked 1 in PvE grinding only.  Nothing AoE grinds as well as a Warlord (Minus a full party of casters Aoeing, I'm talking solo grind)  I played a Warlord in classic, The only time he was of any value in pvp was castle sieges at the gate.  When everyone is congested.  At that point its pretty fun, outside of that you get kited to hell and back and not enough sustain to Toe to toe it with other melee's.

They are both good. Probably those who think WL sux on PVP never fought one or never used one. Altho they can't land huge damages, they can be insanely annoing. 
In classic version you will have the Quick Spear skill, which stun the enemy from quite a huge distance (900 range if i'm not wrong). If it lands you can get closer to the target and try to stunlock him. For PVP he's good in nukers party (just stand far from the enemies and throw the spear in the middle to stun, the nukers finish the work) or in melee pts. 

As for the SK...HP pull is lower but keep in mind that, in classic, CON is no longer influencing ur stun resistance...so that's ur only cons about SK. 
Really 'cause it can annoy you with debuffs as hex and lighting strike while landing cube's debuffs. Sooo...i'd say it's really good for PVP and really usefull for PVE/RBs. 

2 minutes ago, Jackl said:

Lightning Strike is very strong with little resist in classic.

...but lvl58 is a long time to wait to get it.

Yeah but you should make a class that will make you 'happy' and 'enjoy' the game in the long run. Hopefully you wont quit at lv 20. So you should check all the pros and cons of a toon on the long run. Reason why i'm still unsure if i should make a PR or a GH or a TH :D

As everyone else said, SKs are great "all-rounders".

Very low CON which makes them play things for stuns.

They have the highest STR but you could sacrifice a little STR and put into CON with tattoos to increase stun resists, weight limit, HP, etc.

Since they are high DEX, and if you like to solo, I'd recommend getting crit damage SA to destroy mobs w/ your hex (defense debuff) and cubics.

Lightning Strike is based on your P.Atack - higher the better for landing. Procing 80% of the time against angels in ToI was a beautiful thing.

I remember duoing with a BD with some self buffs and GHP in a catacomb with a Damascus w/ Crit Damage. You can watch the HP melt very quickly.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:48 PM, Nurama said:

Any good for anything? lol How about Warlords?

He is top 5 pvp\pve solo party because have cubic for-pdef paralysis skill ) destroyer .fantom ranger.shilen knight. any mage(sh)best and elemental master they are top for this game 

Warlords were late to the game because of how they play. Once the Catacombs and the gear was readily available in expansion 3. You saw them doing their job a lot better. There are also hunting grounds designated for these classes  otherwise you have a warlord run like hell thru rooms then back into a corner and throwing all his skills down while a sorc aoes  and you got some fast exp... But all that didnt come about until Cruma tower was long and dead T_T poor Cruma and the Bot wars.

Archived