Forums

NCWest Seed Bracelet and Zodiac Agathions System

Draecke

ok by now most people will have seen the latest details on the "new" zodiac agathion system which will be released at tomorrows l2store promotion, see details below, and the question that remains here when will the old Zodiac Agathions be converted to their Seed Bracelet counter part ? This was done on update day in Korea and got missed here on NCWest cause we got the export patch from EU/RU servers which never had those to begin with.. only Korea & NCWest did so we should have gotten the Korean fix as well.

Can we please get an official clarification on how & when NCWest proposes to address this issue ?

background details where Neutron admits we still due a fix from Korean Dev team: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=294572

current status from Hime:

with regards to tomorrows event more details would be appreciated like are the new Zodiac Agathions tradeable or only in "box" form and are they perma or shadow type ?

Fortune Teller_63_High-grade Zodiac Agathion Box.png High-grade Zodiac Agathion Box
  • Double-click to randomly obtain one of the 12 High-grade Zodiac Agathions.
Fortune Teller_64_Mid-grade Zodiac Agathion Box.png Mid-grade Zodiac Agathion Box
  • Double-click to randomly obtain one of the 12 Mid-grade Zodiac Agathions.
Fortune Teller_71_Low-grade Zodiac Agathion Pack.png Low-grade Zodiac Agathion Pack
  • Double-click to randomly obtain one of the 12 Low-grade Zodiac Agathions.
Fortune Teller_65_Agathion Evolution Stone.png Agathion Evolution Stone
  • Ingredient needed to evolve an Agathion that has reached Stage 12. Try evolving them through Head Blacksmith Ferris in the Town of Aden.
Fortune Teller_66_Red Stars Bottle.png Red Stars Bottle
  • Ingredient needed to upgrade Evolved Agathions. The star-shaped bottle is filled with shiny red stars.
Fortune Teller_70_Nevit's Gold Hourglass.png Nevit's Gold Hourglass
  • When used, increases EXP/SP from hunting by 50%, and every 5 billion EXP, a Stand of Shining Growth is obtained for 30 minutes.
  • Cannot be used with Fall of the Dragon, Dandy's Home Run Ball, and Agathion - EXP Bottle.
  • Cooldown is 5 minutes.

seems it at least did trigger some reaction: http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/announcements/zodiac-agathion-expansion-overview-Jan-2018.php

now personally I think the exchange levels of the old perma zodiac agathions is way to low and lol at turning this into another p2w from l2store once again..

will at least some of the key items be added to the fishing rewards like it is in Korea ?

oh no I did expect this for sure just a bit sad at the low exchange value for the old items as those were back in the days hard to get but w/e

so all that's missing now and was actually part of the EU/RU etc Salvation update is the agathion CHARMS, you know those items we're supposed to equip on those evolved zodiac agathion bracelets..

in Korea you get those from fishing and in EU/RU etc.the process is: Zodiac Agathions can be exchanged to Zodiac Agathion Charms at Dimensional Merchant with a "high" (although not 100%) rate

Items - Agathions section: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/654903/

As for the current event, my experience: 

Ncoin Used: 20k = 250 tickets; Agathion Rewards: 4 Low level agathions, 2 mid level agathions, 1 high level agathion, 2 red starlight bottles, 1 agathion evolution stone. I also used a ** old Agathion which I exchanged to one of the new bracelets. The high grade box became a Taurus Lvl 8. By opening and crushing 5 low level bracelets (4 reward + 1 exchange) and 2 mid level agathions I got 5 yellow starlight bottles.

1. Upgrading Taurus Lvl 8 to Lvl 12 is 100%.

2. Evolving Taurus Lvl 12 to Evolved Taurus Stage 1 is 100%

3. Evolving Taurus Stage 1 to Stage 5 took 8 Red starlight bottles, this is 4 levels with 8 attempts I guess it's 50% chance.

Starlight bottles were purchased at an average price of 2.2b each so investment in adena was 13.2b; The resulting agathion is not tradeable and cannot be shared within account, is linked to the char. The BR skill cool down time is 10 minutes, makes ur Patk/Matk/AtkSpd/CastSpd 2x. The skill does not stack with regular BR from ISS. The skill stacks with all other skills like savage, abundance 4, Burst Casting. 

The agathion opens 3 charm slots, I was able to use a 30 day cancer charm on main slot, I have not yet found out what other charms will go on the other open slots (2 more available). When using the cancer charm both the active and passive skills of the charm become available so on top of the BR I am able to use the Exo-Skeletal Shield skill. I thinks this is all. If we consider the exchange of 1.2 per Ncoin the total cost to get this agathion was 37.2b however this does not consider other rewards (Ncoin, 2 blessed eternal pieces, 2 rings of creation and other). Assuming those amount to 12.2b (I am lazy so I will not make a full list), I will say the cost was 25b.

If anyone want to see the agathion PM in game.

On 1/18/2018 at 4:57 PM, Oeste said:

Ncoin Used: 20k = 250 tickets; Agathion Rewards: makes ur Patk/Matk/AtkSpd/CastSpd 2x. The skill stacks with all other skills like savage, abundance 4, Burst Casting.

Awesome Bro! You donated $250 USD (or someone donated for you and you gave traded adena... prob from you selling other L2store items). Next, you risked your purchase, gambled with completely unknown odds, and earned an exclusive L2store only item... that makes you 2x more damage and attack speed.

You did this all while sitting in town or Clan Hall. What a fun game! I am sure you shift clicked LVL 12 to clan members and showed off your amazing L2 talents and accomplishment.

I am going to rush in game and PM you. I so want to see this rare item that now puts you above all others, because of your ninja credit card skills.

Anyone else see the problem with this?

Seriously, how is this even enjoyable?

If you said, "Clan members and I organized a 14 hour battle with a raid boss that was undefeated and I earned..."

That is worthy of praise.

1 hour ago, Oeste said:

3. Evolving Taurus Stage 1 to Stage 5 took 8 Red starlight bottles, this is 4 levels with 8 attempts I guess it's 50% chance.

good for you but it's not even remotely close to 50% chance, I failed 4 in a row and someone else I know failed 10 so no this is not "high chance" or the like

I personally despise anything related to gambling and as such it's quite sad being forced to do so if one wants the top effect.. sure I could just skip that part but to be honest if this gambling crap keeps it up I know a much better way of dealing with it :)

nothing new though and I knew what I was getting myself into, just making sure people are aware of the funky korean random chance involved as those red star bottles are not cheap.

21 hours ago, Draecke said:

so all that's missing now and was actually part of the EU/RU etc Salvation update is the agathion CHARMS, you know those items we're supposed to equip on those evolved zodiac agathion bracelets..

in Korea you get those from fishing and in EU/RU etc.the process is: Zodiac Agathions can be exchanged to Zodiac Agathion Charms at Dimensional Merchant with a "high" (although not 100%) rate

Items - Agathions section: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/654903/

still waiting for an answer about the Agathion CHARMS situation

4 hours ago, Truffail said:

Awesome Bro! You donated $250 USD (or someone donated for you and you gave traded adena... prob from you selling other L2store items). Next, you risked it all, gambled with completely unknown odds, and earned an exclusive L2store only item... that makes you 2x more damage and attack speed.

You did this all while sitting in town or Clan Hall. What a fun game! I am sure you shift clicked LVL 12 to clan members and showed off your amazing L2 talents and accomplishment.

I am going to rush in game and PM you. I so want to see this rare item that now puts you above all others, because of your ninja credit card skills.

Congrats for not getting your message deleted and banned for a day like I did replying just about the same thing in a different thread.

And you are 100% right.

6 hours ago, Truffail said:

Awesome Bro! You donated $250 USD (or someone donated for you and you gave traded adena... prob from you selling other L2store items). Next, you risked it all, gambled with completely unknown odds, and earned an exclusive L2store only item... that makes you 2x more damage and attack speed.

Anyone else see the problem with this?

Seriously, how is this even enjoyable?

If you said, "Clan members and I organized a 14 hour battle with a raid boss that was undefeated and I earned..."

That is worthy of praise.

wait!, what? who said i wanted your praise or your comments for that matter?. I risked it all?, the investment was not even a 5% of my in game assets, and the Usd 250 is about a few hours work for me kid, when you grow up and make some money we can talk. Mon to Fri I work my ass off 10-12 hours per day, you don't get to come here and tell me how to spend my money or what should i do or not do to take my mind off work. I can go on and on about things i do IRL and in game that you have no clue, so quit the moral high ground, because there is none and you simply have no clue.

This is a game system thread so i gave my experience on that game system, when we are discussing about raids and other in game activities I will talk about that ok?. Go dig a hole somewhere and stay there please.

Well everyone can do whatever he wants with the real money he has earned but

If I eat a steak in a restourant for 25 bucks

and

You pay 250 bucks for that very same steak

I beg you pardon but everyone irl will refer to you as a

Du m ba ss

I don't want to offend anyone.

The first l2 drugged dude in here was myself.

It's the game system, well the actual one, that is sick.

No skills required.

You are someone in here depending on how many times you hit the button give your money to neutron/conguero x day.

Btw the saddest thing is that they don't even bother to announce events anymore.

The sheeps will buy everything they put in the neutron/conguero shop.

17 hours ago, Oeste said:

Ncoin Used: 20k = 250 tickets; Agathion Rewards: 4 Low level agathions, 2 mid level agathions, 1 high level agathion, 2 red starlight bottles, 1 agathion evolution stone. I also used a ** old Agathion which I exchanged to one of the new bracelets. The high grade box became a Taurus Lvl 8. By opening and crushing 5 low level bracelets (4 reward + 1 exchange) and 2 mid level agathions I got 5 yellow starlight bottles.

My experience was very, very similar to yours.  I spent $250 and got roughly same amount of agathions/rewards as you (1x High, 2x mid, 4x low).  I did not get as lucky crushing my mid/low agathions though.  I crushed 6 and only got 2 jars.  I was able to evolve mine using 9 Reds which apparently is very lucky.  I had an inclination the price of Reds would go up so I bought them all within the first few hours of promo for only 1.5b (Chronos).  They are 2b+ now.  I went with Libre for the balance life skill (really happy with it).  I am Tyrr/Iss and this thing makes my Iss even more useful.  Colldown is 30 sec but, it's influenced by buffs so it's 18 secs on Tyrr and 8 seconds on my Iss!!!

15 hours ago, Draecke said:

I wonder if there is a way to get 15d charms in game.  Someone is selling multiple 15d charms in Giran.  Any thoughts would be appreciated :).

19 hours ago, Oeste said:

Who said i wanted your praise or your comments for that matter?. I risked it all?, the investment was not even a 5% of my in game assets, and the Usd 250 is about a few hours work for me

Who? Ummm, you did... after you posted to this forum, you allow the option for others to comment. Forum literally supplies a "submit reply" button. 

$250 is a few hours of work for you? Why not just provide your 2017 tax return on a video game forum while your at it? Too much Info Bro.

Listen Oeste, my point is very clear:

I get it, Ncsoft needs to make money and you can obviously spend your money legally however you like. You earned it after all. However,  L2 was once and is currently advertised as a free to play  MMORPG. 

You might not remember what that is. It's a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing game.

At no point does spending money, gambling with unknown odds, and with results of obtaining endgame gear (exclusive L2store item that doubles your attack and damage for 30 secs) = Free to play MMORPG.

In my opinion, the development team and people like you who support this system... are to blame. 

In closing, you feeling obligated to post how much money you make in real life... drives my point completely home.

I am extremely disappointed where L2 is today.

I'm 100% positive others agree. 

2 hours ago, Rodah said:

I wonder if there is a way to get 15d charms in game.  Someone is selling multiple 15d charms in Giran.  Any thoughts would be appreciated :).

https://l2wiki.com/Exploring_the_Dimension_-_Sealing_the_Dimension

the Unidentified Zodiac Packs(untradeable until opened, for Zodiac[type] pack which are tradeable)  now open to Zodiac Charm Packs... should work with 30-day packs from Ultimate Pack too.

I suspect most of us are very disappointed with where the game is today, but it is what it is.  It is unfair to criticize Oeste or anyone else who chooses to accept the game the way it is and spend the money necessary to play it at a high level.  Criticize NCSoft, if anyone.  They certainly deserve it.  The big spenders, without whom the game would not exist at all, do not deserve the kind of attack Oeste got above.

5 hours ago, Lawman said:

It is unfair to criticize Oeste or anyone else who chooses to accept the game the way it is and spend the money necessary to play it at a high level. 

Really?  Lets take a look at your premise:

----------------------------------------------------

1.) There are some people that choose to accept the game for the way it is and spend money necessary to play.

2.) These people are not to blame.

------------------------------------------------------

Lets see if that holds up with a little spin...

1.) There are some people that choose to accept the world for the way it is and spend money necessary to...

Put any concept here, like drown puppies for example.

I know that this is a horrible concept, but I want to make my point clear...

2.) These people are not to blame?

So with Lawman's philosophy: 

If entity "A" (government, corporation, employer, teacher, coach, mom, dad)... allow "B" for "X" amount of $ ... 

it's ok. In fact, it is part of the giant system that keeps everything going!

Lawman, if Oeste paid $250, allowed by authorities, to put your family dog underwater until it perished, would you think that event is still ok?

Guess what, everyone that bought into this event, just flooded the auction house with the items I and other free to play players were farming!

Some items are at 70% reduction in price. Killed all profits. Items farmed manual at keys.

I get it! It's all part of the game, right?  To bad, so sad, bad luck for us free to play... I guess.

-------------------------------------------------

However, let me add to what I wrote earlier...

The development team, people like Oeste who support it, and even you Lawman... for justifying L2's store exclusive pay to win system with a completely horrible false premise... are to blame!

Again, I am extremely disappointed where L2 is today.

P.s. Thank you GM for allowing me to voice my opinion. My goal is for you to one day actually make changes to this once great game...  perhaps consider making it just a little playable, able to progress in a timely manor, for the legit free to play players still out there (if any). It is called "free to play" after-all, right?

On 19/1/2018 at 10:16 AM, Truffail said:

you feeling obligated to post how much money you make in real life... drives my point completely home.

I get your point but you did not get mine: I understand the system and the problems with the system, I've been playing this game since prelude and I do remember what it was to have a 24 hour grind party, if you where here then you will also remember that back then things were not "great" either, it was a bot fest, RMT was king, the grind was hardcore & terrible and it felt like a second job...even so i managed to make lvl 70 by c3.

The system today also has flaws and many, I do not agree with the whole P2W system today. I believe there should be ways to enjoy all aspects of the game without the heavy investment, but I also know people who manage to do it, they don't complain, they just do it in creative ways. Yes this game is in many ways frustrating, from my point of view, the positives still offset the negatives, this is why I continue to play.

On top of that i disagree that truly free = completely free, NC is a company and L2 is a great game, I want this game to last many more years and to be able to do so it can't be charity based. Therefore a balance must be struck. I have argued for balance on this forums many, many times, not because I need balance because I can't pay, but because I understand that for this game to endure it must have a  healthy population and not all share the same economic posibilities or have the inclination to invest in a game. 

Now this has nothing to do with your post, let me remind you what you said:

1. you donated $250 USD (or someone donated for you, etc...

2. showed off your amazing L2 talents and accomplishment.

3. If you said, "Clan members and I organized a 14 hour battle with a raid boss that was undefeated and I earned..." That is worthy of praise.

Nothing of the things you said above were related to the system or the state of the game today. You critized my decisions, questioned my capacity to finance my actions and assumed my post was a cry for praise. All of those were personal, so I answer what I did because I will not tolerate personal attacks from you or anyone else. You want to have and adult and serious conversation about a topic? you may begin by not going after the person you are talking to, I can go to the sewers as easily as any one else, I choose not to because it is not who I am and because I believe that leads nowhere.

On 19/1/2018 at 2:56 PM, Truffail said:

If entity "A" (government, corporation, employer, teacher, coach, mom, dad)... allow "B" for "X" amount of $ ... 

it's ok. In fact, it is part of the giant system that keeps everything going!

Lawman, if Oeste paid $250, allowed by authorities, to put your family dog underwater until it perished, would you think that event is still ok?

Guess what, everyone that bought into this event, just flooded the auction house with the items I and other free to play players were farming!

Some items are at 70% reduction in price. Killed all profits. Items farmed manual at keys.

I get it! It's all part of the game, right?  To bad, so sad, bad luck for us free to play... I guess.

-------------------------------------------------

However, let me add to what I wrote earlier...

The development team, people like Oeste who support it, and even you Lawman... for justifying L2's store exclusive pay to win system with a completely horrible false premise... are to blame!

Again, I am extremely disappointed where L2 is today.

P.s. Thank you GM for allowing me to voice my opinion. My goal is for you to one day actually make changes to this once great game...  perhaps consider making it just a little playable, able to progress in a timely manor, for the legit free to play players still out there (if any). It is called "free to play" after-all, right?

This reasoning departs from the assumption that there is no value system, therefore all actions can be equally meassured, this is simply false. An intrinsic part of being human is our ability to guide our actions based on a moral compass. Your example is even worst than the one from the guy wanted to compare steaks, so I choose not to elaborate on it. No more from me on this thread.

Truffail, thanks for your analysis but your reduction ad absurdum fails utterly for a very simple reason.  It's a game!  NCSoft (or NCWest if you prefer) sets the rules of the game.  We can like or dislike the rules.  Personally, I dislike many of them.  And we are free to choose not to play.  Personally, I choose to play anyway.  But, while we can criticize the rules of the game, we cannot fairly blame people who play within the rules of the game, but play differently than we do.  

Your real-world examples have no place in a fantasy game.  In the real world there are at least arguably some moral absolutes the supersede even the rules set by governing bodies.  Just because Hitler decided the Holocaust was legal did not make those who carried it out blameless.  They violated a greater moral imperative (against murder and genocide) accepted by nearly all moral systems.  My view is that there is no such moral imperative within a fantasy game. 

In a way, I wish there were.  I'm against mean trash talking that actually hurts the people behind the characters being trashed.  But I can't say it is outside the game's rules or criticize the people who hurt people that way for being anything worse than real-life jerks, because such trash talking is a legal and accepted part of the game and if it bothers me that much I can just choose not to play.  

On 18/1/2018 at 6:43 PM, Draecke said:

There is a quest in game where supposedly you can acquire the charms, I am testing it atm. Also the 30 day version of the blessed zodiac charms were supposed to be converted but yesterday I opened one and it became a bracelet. I haven submitted a ticket about it, let’s see how it works. However I don’t doubt these will be part of the “upgrades” they must do to the L2 store and Galleria  lineups. I am also expecting the fishing option it would be the correct thing to do after the fishing apocalypse of 2017, the yellow star bottles should also be obtainable by fishing at some point. 

Archived