Olympiad, Daily 70+, New catacombs, fix exp curve

StanxFZ

• L2 Team

Last week, we had a few members of the Lineage II Dev Team here in our office where we discussed content and issues regarding both Lineage II and Lineage II Classic. While we can't give you dates, we are in discussions in what you are asking for.

4 minutes ago, Hime said:

Last week, we had a few members of the Lineage II Dev Team here in our office where we discussed content and issues regarding both Lineage II and Lineage II Classic. While we can't give you dates, we are in discussions in what you are asking for.

....Olympiad is supposed to be available to people from lvl 55 and you're still only discussing it? Good lord almighty.

11 minutes ago, Hime said:

So you guys discussed stuff but aren’t doing anything about the changes. And when you do make changes you’s completely do the opposite of what people ask. You’s single handily ruined classic. Please since you just replied within minutes show some light on the situation. 

• L2 Team
9 minutes ago, Fisted said:

So you guys discussed stuff but aren’t doing anything about the changes. And when you do make changes you’s completely do the opposite of what people ask. You’s single handily ruined classic. Please since you just replied within minutes show some light on the situation. 

I will agree the changes and updates to the game haven't been as quick as they should be. It's not from the lack of trying, and yes—trying isn't cutting it anymore.

I don't have any more information to share other than we're working on it with the dev team.

9 minutes ago, Hime said:

I will agree the changes and updates to the game haven't been as quick as they should be. It's not from the lack of trying, and yes—trying isn't cutting it anymore.

I don't have any more information to share other than we're working on it with the dev team.

Is there any way we can give more feedback to NCsoft directly? Because obviously they don't care about what you guys are telling them and they keep making decisions that are tanking the population rapidly. A lot of us care about and love this game and it hurts to see it being handled so poorly.

Also was anything about the rampant bot infestation brought up at this meeting? Any info about that or is NCsoft just gonna keep ignoring it until the server is dead? xigncode is  also worthless compared to hiring a few live GM's to check the game every once in a while. Like I don't get it, how many tickets do you guys deal with about wrongful bans by xigncode, I doubt it's saving the company any money.

Releasing oly isn't going to fix the problems that have been created. As soon as the first month is done and heroes are named there's going to be even less pvp which is already nonexistent.

And it's not just an issue with timeliness of the updates, the patch we just got was horrendous in terms of content. Baium and Zaken were added except there are very few parties that can enter even the instances, definitely not enough to kill either.A grade was introduced but the items to unseal it weren't? 3rd class transfers were opened but the magical tablets to get your key skills are seemingly nonexistent? And neither of these can be obtained through oly because it isn't in the game...

The only things that could have been added that people could look forward to is 6x and 7x dailies and clan arena, and we got neither. From my perspective, as a player, the only thing that was added were a few new xp zones for people to bot in while everyone else is busy fighting over open field boss loot and killing them for xp.

Situation on giran server is totaly ridicoulous,no one is going to make xp on mob because they dont give enough xp,adena,drop, the whole server is leeching behind few clan even with 300 people and more on RB you do more xp this way than normal way to make xp.

Actually full party in lvl 70+ catacomb =15/20k xp if vip4 and rune 50%......guys cant you put bonus xp system in game for full party? 

Your game is getting more and more boring, and you are unable to react its like you were blind. 

"Lineage 2 classic"  before last october it was 14 years ago i didnt play lineage 2 and believe me that game have nothing to see with with i knew.

I dont even talk about bot, with no gm in game, nc soft who doesnt give a shit about......

But the first rank are for useless player who are daily complaning but never made a report with replay to submit it to nc soft support.... guys if you are lazy and cant move your ass to do something easy stop to open your mouth and complain about nc soft

22 minutes ago, saka2653 said:

Situation on giran server is totaly ridicoulous,no one is going to make xp on mob because they dont give enough xp,adena,drop, the whole server is leeching behind few clan even with 300 people and more on RB you do more xp this way than normal way to make xp.

Actually full party in lvl 70+ catacomb =15/20k xp if vip4 and rune 50%......guys cant you put bonus xp system in game for full party? 

Your game is getting more and more boring, and you are unable to react its like you were blind. 

"Lineage 2 classic"  before last october it was 14 years ago i didnt play lineage 2 and believe me that game have nothing to see with with i knew.

I dont even talk about bot, with no gm in game, nc soft who doesnt give a shit about......

But the first rank are for useless player who are daily complaning but never made a report with replay to submit it to nc soft support.... guys if you are lazy and cant move your ass to do something easy stop to open your mouth and complain about nc soft

I was under this same impression once, but now I know that is completely wrong:
1- If your only source of exp income is KSing raids from a 300 people force, you will most likely get 1~2m per boss and bleed adena on shots/teleports/spirit ores
2- If you have a decent melee setup, Lair of Antharas is a better choice of place to exp than catacombs right now ( boosted adena/exp). To be fair, either melee or AoE groups should be fine exping in LoA from level 60 to 74~75.
3- I saw on world chat on TI today a Tyrant level 60-ish looking for a melee CP, when he could easily get an AoE CP too ( Trust me, tyrants do tons of dmg on AoE with his 2 skills + Mass Stigma on mobs) and expand his options.

Getting to the point: My party has been playing since day 1 on the server, with the ridiculous exp/adena from the start until they eventually boosted some places and some rates, and we never had a problem with adena from mobs. We are 1 Tyrant, 1 Warlord, 1 Spellsinger and 1 Necromancer as DDs, and this setup has carried us from Alligator Island/Cruma ( 30 ~50),  Dragon Valley ( 50 ~58), ANcient Battleground ( 58 ~66) and Lair of ANtharas ( 66~74).

NcWest made bad choices? Yes, they did. A lot of them. But the way the game is RIGHT NOW is completely fine. Except if you are 76~77 already and can't drop tablets to get your 3rd job skills. Or if you want to rely on the level60+ daily quests ( 1m EXP scrolls) to get some extra exp.
Are the pendants a joke? Yes...but this is NcWest. We know there is more like that coming. Save some adena, buy a intermediate one ( a level 3 +9 should be GREAT if you're willing to spend only adena, plus it is tradeable and you can use on your alt chars) and wait for the next big thing. I don't think Olympiad would be a good thing to have right now. The solution is quite simple at the moment: Let go of GLudio Castle Siege only. Open Aden siege and see what happens.

Next update should contain 1) Olympiad

2) More then Gludio Castle siege

3) High level Catacombs/Necropolis

4) Loop Macros (so people can compare with thousands of bots)

5) Magical Tables able to drop in Tower of Insolence

@Hime

4 hours ago, killerPrice said:

I was under this same impression once, but now I know that is completely wrong:
1- If your only source of exp income is KSing raids from a 300 people force, you will most likely get 1~2m per boss and bleed adena on shots/teleports/spirit ores
2- If you have a decent melee setup, Lair of Antharas is a better choice of place to exp than catacombs right now ( boosted adena/exp). To be fair, either melee or AoE groups should be fine exping in LoA from level 60 to 74~75.
3- I saw on world chat on TI today a Tyrant level 60-ish looking for a melee CP, when he could easily get an AoE CP too ( Trust me, tyrants do tons of dmg on AoE with his 2 skills + Mass Stigma on mobs) and expand his options.

Getting to the point: My party has been playing since day 1 on the server, with the ridiculous exp/adena from the start until they eventually boosted some places and some rates, and we never had a problem with adena from mobs. We are 1 Tyrant, 1 Warlord, 1 Spellsinger and 1 Necromancer as DDs, and this setup has carried us from Alligator Island/Cruma ( 30 ~50),  Dragon Valley ( 50 ~58), ANcient Battleground ( 58 ~66) and Lair of ANtharas ( 66~74).

NcWest made bad choices? Yes, they did. A lot of them. But the way the game is RIGHT NOW is completely fine. Except if you are 76~77 already and can't drop tablets to get your 3rd job skills. Or if you want to rely on the level60+ daily quests ( 1m EXP scrolls) to get some extra exp.
Are the pendants a joke? Yes...but this is NcWest. We know there is more like that coming. Save some adena, buy a intermediate one ( a level 3 +9 should be GREAT if you're willing to spend only adena, plus it is tradeable and you can use on your alt chars) and wait for the next big thing. I don't think Olympiad would be a good thing to have right now. The solution is quite simple at the moment: Let go of GLudio Castle Siege only. Open Aden siege and see what happens.

Sorry, not buying it, no way you are NOT having adena problems, tell me how the average player is gonna buy a +9 level 3 with farmed adena?  On top of all the other gear you'll need to xp in LoA.

11 hours ago, Hime said:

Trying? You let bots run rampant from day one, you create a pay2win server within 6 months of the release when you told us there would be only cosmetics and some consumables items, you just disappear for weeks and ignore everyone on the forums, you bleep up information time and time again.

Tell me, what have you tried so far? Its truly beyond me how a company can still be this bad at handling its game after 10 years.

What are you actually doing is my question since running a game does not seem to be a part of your main focus.

6 hours ago, Degus said:

Sorry, not buying it, no way you are NOT having adena problems, tell me how the average player is gonna buy a +9 level 3 with farmed adena?  On top of all the other gear you'll need to xp in LoA.

I made videos (1 on youtube from one of the sieges, to be precise) and streams of my CP day to day activities and it was clear to whoever was watching that we were doing well on the adena matter. I've been streaming since i was level 60 ~ at Ancient Battleground and the last time i streamed I was 70~71 at LoA.
We just bought 2 level 3 +9 pendants ( 1 fire and 1 Water) for 130m each. We are able to make usually 15~30m a day on drops/adena from mobs, and we usually cash in some more adena after some B-grade crafts tru the week ( demon's dagger, helmets doom/Blue wolf) and whatnot.

The first step is ACTUALLY trying, instead of just complaining and getting stuck at level 50~60 without a proper group/CP. There is always a way. I've been hearing this since i was level 20 ~30, and i never quite understood it, since we were able to gather the adena and make it work.

17 minutes ago, killerPrice said:

We are able to make usually 15~30m a day on drops/adena from mobs

Well I know you're lying because you can't farm nowhere near that much pure Adena in a day without botting. Mobs drop crap adena and the droprates are horrid so what you're saying doesn't add up at all unless you're running a 9man bot train and even then those numbers are a huge stretch.

21 minutes ago, rightindabenis said:

Well I know you're lying because you can't farm nowhere near that much pure Adena in a day without botting. Mobs drop crap adena and the droprates are horrid so what you're saying doesn't add up at all unless you're running a 9man bot train and even then those numbers are a huge stretch.

The mobs in LoA at the spot I exp drop from 200 to 400~500 adena( on a party of 9). I pull 30~40 mobs per pull, and i make 4 pulls every 5 min ( time of dance/song). Lets say i make SOLID 15 minutes of pull inside a 20 min span ( buff time).
Math time: Lets average the mob adena at 300 and lower to 250 because sometimes mob don't drop the adena.
250 x 35 ( average of mobs per pull) = 8750 per char/ 78.750 Total
x3 ( 3 song/dance time) = 235k average per 20 minutes. x3 ( 1 hour) = 700k adena total in 1 hour of exp.

Lets say my party exp 8 hours a day ( a little above average, but there are parties that exp for more time, and the usual bot-trains that make aden/exp 24/7). That is roughly 6m on adena drops only, plus valuable parts ( Blue wolf breastplate parts, blue wolf tunic parts, blue leather armor parts, all helmet parts, doom plate armor temper, bop shaft, various blades, recipes [we have a level 66 spoiler]. Some of these parts are worth from 200k to 1.5m each. Quick edit: Forgot to mention the Knoriks (https://l2wiki.com/classic/Knoriks). It drops 100% recipes ( DOom plate armor/ doom tunic/ DOom leather armor/ doom stockings) and you can either sell the recipes ( I usually sell leather armor for 3m and plate armor for 5m) or craft and profit the difference.

The math doesn't lie. Of course people always want a conspiracy to take part or whatever. I'm not here defendind NCWest. They have made mistakes. But the game right now is at a point where you can do well being consistant,smart and lucky.

• L2 Team
18 hours ago, rightindabenis said:

Is there any way we can give more feedback to NCsoft directly? Because obviously they don't care about what you guys are telling them and they keep making decisions that are tanking the population rapidly. A lot of us care about and love this game and it hurts to see it being handled so poorly.

Also was anything about the rampant bot infestation brought up at this meeting? Any info about that or is NCsoft just gonna keep ignoring it until the server is dead? xigncode is  also worthless compared to hiring a few live GM's to check the game every once in a while. Like I don't get it, how many tickets do you guys deal with about wrongful bans by xigncode, I doubt it's saving the company any money.

I wouldn't say the dev team doesn't care. We don't always see eye to eye on issues. Juji, myself, and the others on the L2 team here in the West are pushing to get the changes we need for our services.

Bots is always a popular topic for discussion and it will be a constant battle against them. XIGNCOD3 actually does catch a fair amount of people using programs they shouldn't be, but there is a constant influx of new accounts. It's a tug of war. I know the team is working on adding additional preventative measures.

17 hours ago, best_singer said:

Releasing oly isn't going to fix the problems that have been created. As soon as the first month is done and heroes are named there's going to be even less pvp which is already nonexistent.

And it's not just an issue with timeliness of the updates, the patch we just got was horrendous in terms of content. Baium and Zaken were added except there are very few parties that can enter even the instances, definitely not enough to kill either.A grade was introduced but the items to unseal it weren't? 3rd class transfers were opened but the magical tablets to get your key skills are seemingly nonexistent? And neither of these can be obtained through oly because it isn't in the game...

The only things that could have been added that people could look forward to is 6x and 7x dailies and clan arena, and we got neither. From my perspective, as a player, the only thing that was added were a few new xp zones for people to bot in while everyone else is busy fighting over open field boss loot and killing them for xp.

Fair feedback, and agreed--new content won't fix the issues the community has frequently brought up. We need to get our ongoing issues address before we can progress content, but at the same time we have to progress content or there's nothing to do. It's a bad cycle we're in, but we're working on it.

Thank you Hime for any response. We understand not everything goes as smooth and we expect, but some kind of feedback is important. We need to see that you care about our in-game struggles. I believe that one hour of your time a day replying on forum would help a lot.

That feelings when u wrote post and hime replied 3 times  :o

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Fair feedback, and agreed--new content won't fix the issues

new content will not fix the issues, cause ur team done too much fails.
1. spoil/drop rate is terrible, I don't know how long will take to have +6 b grade set for sure its LONG LONG TIME. a overenchant weapons, sets etc are  needed in lineage 2 classic (look at skelth, grain kain, jp classic etc. people there are able to farm with only OE weapons/sets). 
2. Exp curve. Since 70 we need double exp amount comparing other classic servers, this is madness.
3. High lvls getting bored, I'm 76 since long time and unable to get 3rd prof because it's impossible to drop tablets

3 hours ago, killerPrice said:

Blue wolf breastplate parts

Can you tell me where do u drop bw heavy armor parts in loa?

Archived