Fix this clan war system already...

Helv

Hi NC West Team, I've returned to the game after some time just to find out the abuse of the clan war system has gone even more severe. My clan is harassed by a one man clan who keeps opening clan war. (The war was closed but he/she reopened it again and I assume will continue to do so as it's very easy).

Like I mentioned, it's a one man clan and the owner logs their characters only to hunt wartags. You can't fight back, as those characters are not used for regular XP and you don't know who the real owner of the clan is, so you can't try to go at the main to make him/her stop. It's just one evi jumping on you with SM on, killing you quick and leaving. Is this how it's supposed to work, NC Soft? 

I guess I shouldn't have returned, I got work and quite a busy life, I don't want to waste time on constantly watching my back and getting my characters killed for no reason, so feel free to tell me this game is not for me, but is this system really good for the community as a whole? I'd say the current model is pretty toxic. You changed the PK system, because you couldn't fix the bug, so maybe you could change the clan war system as well.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 5:09 PM, Helv said:

Hi NC West Team, I've returned to the game after some time just to find out the abuse of the clan war system has gone even more severe. My clan is harassed by a one man clan who keeps opening clan war. (The war was closed but he/she reopened it again and I assume will continue to do so as it's very easy).

Like I mentioned, it's a one man clan and the owner logs their characters only to hunt wartags. You can't fight back, as those characters are not used for regular XP and you don't know who the real owner of the clan is, so you can't try to go at the main to make him/her stop. It's just one evi jumping on you with SM on, killing you quick and leaving. Is this how it's supposed to work, NC Soft? 

I guess I shouldn't have returned, I got work and quite a busy life, I don't want to waste time on constantly watching my back and getting my characters killed for no reason, so feel free to tell me this game is not for me, but is this system really good for the community as a whole? I'd say the current model is pretty toxic. You changed the PK system, because you couldn't fix the bug, so maybe you could change the clan war system as well.

Its so easy to solv this problem...  Just need update "war propose" = 50.000 clan points. And problem solved with "one man". But for developers so hard to understan...

6 minutes ago, Ambicija said:

Its so easy to solv this problem...  Just need update "war propose" = 50.000 clan points. And problem solved with "one man". But for developers so hard to understan...

That could work, but I'd prefer something like a 1 month penalty - if the war is closed you cannot reopen/declare it for the next month or sth.

2 minutes ago, Helv said:

That could work, but I'd prefer something like a 1 month penalty - if the war is closed you cannot reopen/declare it for the next month or sth.

War is one of most important part of L2.  War can start all the time. But must to have price. Now wor propose = free. 

4 hours ago, Ambicija said:

War is one of most important part of L2.  War can start all the time. But must to have price. Now wor propose = free. 

Its mind boggleing how so many miss the point of post of this nature. War is for those who want it, if it was so much a part of the game then the number of members in a clan shouldn't dictate whether or not a war can be declared against you...See were i'm going here? Its not a war if theres no one to fight. The one man (with enough of his/her own alts) clan starts the war, has no toons in the field, but can easily search out your clannies and kill and be gone. WoW, so thats a war? Understand that those that talk about peeps like this would be happy to have a war with a clan that is just as "visible" as they are. Thats not how this works, and someday NCSoft will fix this...Someday..not holding my breath. And really, if the "game" still hasn't figured out that peeps use "exploits" to get the war started and never fix/address the issue toxic players of the type mentioned in the post will continue to exist. They are here just to be the toxic person that they can't be in RL. Try to understand that "War" is not the point of contintion here, it's how the game allows an exploit to get it started thats the problem.

This was fixed and now they broke it.

War use to be declared and if triggered or accepted only lasted a maximum of two weeks with a winner declared.  However if you were losing badly you sacrifice CRP and end the war early.  Then you were not able to re-war the same clan for 2 weeks (2 week cooling off period).  However clans abused this by declaring with alt clans and keeping a constant war up so if you didn't flag you died; if you flag their main would kill you and get full xp loss it was still a faulty system.

Now with 95% of the game is afk hunting this war system cannot work; as in people are mostly not at their keyboard anymore when xping so that is not pvp  its like killing a mob with a special name when there afk.  The whole fix macros think works in theory but all then need to do is flag on someone with a healer and stand next to person being healed, then the healer flags, then the iss flags, then the tank flags and all your non target marcos flag hence controlling macros don't help as at 110+ tank aura flags them so they need to hunt without their 110 skill then? See where this going yea ok.

People who declare wars should have a personal liability to it also as clan leader use to have sacrifice xp and sp to even level their clans.  I do not have a true answer how to fix this but I think everyone can agree its broken as the "PVP" clans are 14 member clans so they cannot be warred.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slycutter said:

This was fixed and now they broke it.

War use to be declared and if triggered or accepted only lasted a maximum of two weeks with a winner declared.  However if you were losing badly you sacrifice CRP and end the war early.  Then you were not able to re-war the same clan for 2 weeks (2 week cooling off period).  However clans abused this by declaring with alt clans and keeping a constant war up so if you didn't flag you died; if you flag their main would kill you and get full xp loss it was still a faulty system.

Now with 95% of the game is afk hunting this war system cannot work; as in people are mostly not at their keyboard anymore when xping so that is not pvp  its like killing a mob with a special name when there afk.  The whole fix macros think works in theory but all then need to do is flag on someone with a healer and stand next to person being healed, then the healer flags, then the iss flags, then the tank flags and all your non target marcos flag hence controlling macros don't help as at 110+ tank aura flags them so they need to hunt without their 110 skill then? See where this going yea ok.

People who declare wars should have a personal liability to it also as clan leader use to have sacrifice xp and sp to even level their clans.  I do not have a true answer how to fix this but I think everyone can agree its broken as the "PVP" clans are 14 member clans so they cannot be warred.

exactly

• 3 months later...

Hello, dear lovely NC West support, any comment on this?

My clan is being abused again. AGAIN, war has been started by a box clan which does not XP in the open area, there is no chance to fight back, so the whole idea of 'war' is lost here.

A person logs their box whenever he feels like killing ppl on AFK farm, and since my clan is full of newbies, it's very easy to kill them. Last time this happened, a few people quit the game due to frustration.

ok, so I have found out what is the main character (or one of the more important ones) of the person who abuses the clan - when his box with active war was attacking the clan member but got killed, he ported with main and killed all flagged at beleth circle (so brave). So we know his main clan for 100%.

This is high a lvl player whom I hit him for 20 dmg (yes literally 20). What can players do in such case? I try to annoy the main clan whenever I can (boxes are logged only when he is on the hunting spree), but that's basically all I can do (can't farm in peace anyway). Any suggestion from the community? I'm running out of ideas.

@Juji @Arctic @EMpulse

please ask the DEV team to fix the war system, 
Many many players are getting harrassed, forcely flagging by doing aoe while exping and triggering war and are unable to play at all
This situation is making alot of people quit !!!

if you care about this game just a little bit, then make the necessary for us the loyal players!!

Effort are always rewarded don’t forget !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iAndouille said:

@Juji @Arctic @EMpulse

please ask the DEV team to fix the war system, 
Many many players are getting harrassed, forcely flagging by doing aoe while exping and triggering war and are unable to play at all
This situation is making alot of people quit !!!

if you care about this game just a little bit, then make the necessary for us the loyal players!!

Effort are always rewarded don’t forget !

it really a simple fix revert to old war system.  Both clans have to agree to war; ends after 2 weeks with a winner declared cannot rewar for 2 weeks. (cooling off period)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XxArmindaxX said:

unfortunately the same thing always happens, the high and top lvl of the game get bored and no longer sell anything because people no longer pay and do not invest in this game and they are going to annoy the player
then they will go with their money to another game after having destroyed this one
In any case, with the painful activity of the servers, I think that sooner rather than later they will close this game, they will only remain in Korea and Japan in the official game

lol you haven't played here that long then... People been saying that since C3 which was about 16 years ago now... Still here.  What you want this game is almost 2 decades old, its one of the oldest MMORPGs to keep a live retail version going that long so much as you maybe critical as most are; we are still here being critical.  They had to do something right; no major MMORPG has really caught and stayed alive since L2 and WoW came out.  I guess Guild Wars and Aion are up there but very very small selection long term MMORPGs out there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 10:26 PM, Gofur said:

Only u can do is Farm single target. Without AOE skill to not be flagged. L2 have this kind of player, kill low level ppl and afk to be pro in his mind. 

Now, try to farm effectively single target with dread...